IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This evening, we're with WhiskeyRunnerOne. Here we see the kind sir discussing the Neo-Geo. Very informative and humorous video that's worth listening into. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"My perspective of Neo Geo in 2018. A little history, some tech, and alternate options to play the system."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. \リツイートだけで最大1,000ルビーがもらえる2049.png/ 【100日記念イベント第1弾】 #KOFAS #100日記念 10,000リツイート達成で、 ルビー1,000個を全ユーザー様にプレゼント2757.png ※100RT毎に10ルビープレゼント 詳しくはこちら↓↓ ▼参加方法▼ このツイートをRT ▼受付期間▼ 11/1~11/7までpic.twitter.com/sT3i7mduFc

Translate Tweet
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

\ a maximum of 1,000 rubies ⁉️/[100 Days Commemorative Event vol. 1] #KOFAS #100日記念 10,000 people to retweet, we present ️ ※ to all users a thousand rubies 10 Ruby presents for each 100RT learn how to ↓↓ ▼ join ▼ this tweet RT ▼ ▼ from 11/1 to 11/7

Dq6I6ZIU0AAU0nK.jpg

Anthony..

Hi guys,

1. 【時間を統べる者限定ガチャが開放!】 時間を統べる者「サイキ」本番登場! KOF98UMOLでは攻型LR格闘家として登場!手に入るチャンスお見逃しなく! イベント期間:10月31日05:00~11月4日21:30 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/B8V3kkd1RL

Translate Tweet

[Govern limited time is open! ] Govern time "Saiki" production appearance! Kof98umol appeared as a ghost-type LR fighter! Don't miss the chance to get it! Event Period: Oct. 31, 05:00-Nov. 4, 21:30 #KOF98UMOL

DqzPwEGUUAAGEMX.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. 【予告】【今だけ招き猫】 招き猫が福を呼ぶ?!ダイヤを消費すると消費したダイヤよりも多くのダイヤが手に入る…「招き猫」が明日31日AM5時から開始! 貯めたダイヤはここで増やそう! イベント期間: 2018年10月31日5時~2018年11月5日5時 #KOF98UMOLpic.twitter.com/DSWWnoGRLi

Translate Tweet

Notice [Lucky Cat only now] fortune cat calls Fortune?! You can get more diamonds than the diamond consumed when you consume the diamond... [Lucky cat] starts from AM5 at 31 tomorrow! Increase the diamond you saved here! Event Period: October 31, 2018, 5 a.m.-5 November #KOF98UMOL, 2018

DqvaJ96UwAESwpt.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening, we're with Dave Long. Here we see him discussing and playing Viewpoint for the NGCD via RetroTINK-2x. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Stick around to the end for a closer look at the screen in demo mode.

The RetroTINK-2x is a line doubler that allows you to play your composite, component, or S-Video 240p output at 480p on an HDTV. In this video, I show the device displaying the game Viewpoint on Neo Geo CD through my Vizio 50” TV using composite out and standard RCA cables for stereo sound.

What makes this device stand out is that it does this with zero lag. Viewpoint is a tough as nails shooter that requires precise movement so it’s an excellent showcase of tight control through this display method."

Anthony...

Hey guys,

1. 株式会社ハムスター( @HAMSTER_Corp )様のご厚意にて「アーケードアーカイブス」のカタログを店頭にて配布しております。ゲームショーでしか入手出来なかったカタログをこの機会にどうぞ!pic.twitter.com/d3xHebP88r

Translate Tweet

The @HAMSTER_Corp"Arcade Archives" catalogue is distributed at the store by courtesy of Hamster Co., Ltd. Please take this opportunity to get a catalogue that was only available in the game show!

DrC7ZUvUcAAeBcv.jpg
    DrC7_JnUUAE1Mgq.jpg
    DrC8BAhUcAAu2gl.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO PLEASURE GOAL: 5 ON 5 MINI SOCCER is now available on PS4,Nintendo Switch and Xbox One! It's a soccer game released by SNK in 1996. Use the trick play button to perform jaw-dropping plays and defeat your opponents! #ACANEOGEO http://hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/xboxone/futsal.htm pic.twitter.com/ou96Sk5Zeo

DrLYUmtU0AAv70k.jpg

Anthony...

Hey Dave.

WOW!! That's great to see and to know bro. Glad that you found them. :thumbsup:

Yep, that looks like an AES unit on the left alright. We need to hook that bad boy up and back running like it use to. Now if you need further assistance since it's been a while from the days of being used, contact Chris, he can keep it a good cleaning, capacitor replacement , and make it run just like it was brand new again.

Of better yet, leave it the way it is to take a pic like you taken it out of a time capsule. After 20 years, it's like finding the Delorean in Back To The Future III hidden away for decades. :-D

Great news for sure Dave. Thank you for the update on this. :)

Anthony...

Anthony,

As I said I would update you. So I finally picked them up today. Things I got.... SNES (yellowed BAD but works), A NES with Mike Tyson's punch out in the system (I ended up buying this game on ebay 3 weeks ago because I wanted to play again), A SNES Super wild card (a backup system for SNES), A Sega Saturn, a Panasonic 3DO, An Atari Jaguar w/10 carts, and my beloved NeoGeo AES...

I started by dusting off the 20 years of dust, First to test was the Jaguar...worked flawless...Then on to my NeoGeo, and she worked perfect, I was playing Viewpoint for about a 1/2 hour with no issues. BOY I missed this system.

So I got it back and she works perfect !

Is there a S-video cable available for this system ? Composite is such a joke for a system like this, it looks good but, could look so much better.

• Like 1

Anthony,

As I said I would update you. So I finally picked them up today. Things I got.... SNES (yellowed BAD but works), A NES with Mike Tyson's punch out in the system (I ended up buying this game on ebay 3 weeks ago because I wanted to play again), A SNES Super wild card (a backup system for SNES), A Sega Saturn, a Panasonic 3DO, An Atari Jaguar w/10 carts, and my beloved NeoGeo AES...

I started by dusting off the 20 years of dust, First to test was the Jaguar...worked flawless...Then on to my NeoGeo, and she worked perfect, I was playing Viewpoint for about a 1/2 hour with no issues. BOY I missed this system.

So I got it back and she works perfect !

Is there a S-video cable available for this system ? Composite is such a joke for a system like this, it looks good but, could look so much better.

Hey Dave,

Excellent to know that you got your systems back and that they work. Well done for sure. :thumbsup: :)

Nice to see you having fun playing Viewpoint and that your Neo-Geo AES unit is working fine. This really is a plus since no need for repairs are need for it. So glad that it work out for you and the system Dave. :)

As far a an S-Video cable goes, a mod that can be done for your Neo-Geo if you want to go that route.. There is a device called the XNEO-1 RGB/S video that is really sought after. It's a brilliant device that I wish I had because it was worth spending the money for. This is what it looks like.

962-2.jpg

Now have you ever use this A/V cable for your Neo-Geo? Instead of just the standard yellow and white, this one has the red. I use this on my unit and works with great sound to help.

s-l1600.jpg

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. The free DLC bundle for SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION is full of blasts from the past! Challenge your rivals on the tennis court in Paddle Mania! Then blast off into space with Ozma Wars, the very first title developed and published by SNK! (https://snk40th.com/ ) #SNK40thpic.twitter.com/6xKkV1UIWg

DrB_UA-U0AAxVF5.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. A double dose of action! Dodge enemy aircraft in the aerial adventure Bermuda Triangle, or fight off hordes of undead in Beast Busters! Both these titles are part of the free DLC bundle for SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION! Preorder here: (https://snk40th.com/ ) #SNK40thpic.twitter.com/w45qWyJS1A

DrCAMqOVYAAR5fV.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

1. 『レバガチャアーカイブ』特設サイト、ゲームレポート第8回が公開されました。今回の作品は、SNKが主催する年に一度の祭典にして総決戦!今もなお多くの人気キャラを輩出し続けるKOFシリーズ第1弾『THE KING OF FIGHTERS '94』です。覚めない夢はここから始まった! ▼詳細(https://promo.kadokawa.co.jp/levergacha/kiji/201810/index.html )pic.twitter.com/glhj2BVR7s

Translate Tweet

"Lebagacha Archive" special site, the eighth game report was released. This work is the total decisive battle to be a celebration once a year sponsored by SNK! The first installment of the KOF series continues to produce a number of popular characters still [the KING of Fighters ' 94]. A dream that doesn't wake up begins here! ▼ Details (https://promo.kadokawa.co.jp/levergacha/kiji/201810/index.html )

DrDwNUqU8AABEHd.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. 【SNKオンラインショップからお知らせ】 SNK オンラインショップにて『ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ '98アルティメットマッチ アクションフィギュア オメガ・ルガール 』が予約受付中!予約期間は11月7日までなので、お見逃しなく! #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO https://buff.ly/2SvTT7f pic.twitter.com/xrD5e3DQE3

Translate Tweet

[information from SNK online shop] The King of Fighters ' 98 ultimate match action Figure Omega le Girl is now available at the SNK online shop! The booking period is until November 7, so don't miss out! #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO https://buff.ly/2SvTT7f

DrNR6WJXcAACEHk.jpg
    DrNR6VvXgAIR8a3.jpg
    DrNR6WeW4AELrKA.jpg
    DrNR6WAXQAA-VjX.jpg

Anthony..

Hey Dave,

Excellent to know that you got your systems back and that they work. Well done for sure. :thumbsup: :)

Nice to see you having fun playing Viewpoint and that your Neo-Geo AES unit is working fine. This really is a plus since no need for repairs are need for it. So glad that it work out for you and the system Dave. :)

As far a an S-Video cable goes, a mod that can be done for your Neo-Geo if you want to go that route.. There is a device called the XNEO-1 RGB/S video that is really sought after. It's a brilliant device that I wish I had because it was worth spending the money for. This is what it looks like.

Now have you ever use this A/V cable for your Neo-Geo? Instead of just the standard yellow and white, this one has the red. I use this on my unit and works with great sound to help.

Anthony..

Thanks again ! I do have the A/V cable right now but, I want S-video to get a better picture.

I looked up what is involved, it does not look too complex of an install. I ordered some parts from China so maybe a month or so I will take this project up.

• Like 1

Thanks again ! I do have the A/V cable right now but, I want S-video to get a better picture.

I looked up what is involved, it does not look too complex of an install. I ordered some parts from China so maybe a month or so I will take this project up.

Sounds good Dave. Hope it works out. If anything, talk to Chris. He can assist of you need any help with the mod. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

HAMSTER Reveals The Next Batch Of Switch-Bound Neo Geo Games

By Gonçalo Lopes

November 5, 2018

Nintendolife.com

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/11/hamster_reveals_the_next_batch_of_switch-bound_neo_geo_games

of-monsters-and-bubbles.900x.jpg

Hamster has revealed the next batch on Neo Geo goodies coming weekly to the eShop.

Look away now if you want to be surprised every week:

Another fine lot of retro delights to bolster your virtual arcade salon. While everyone continues to eagerly await the arrival of the first two Puzzle Bobble games, the most stand-out surprise title is the delightful Twinkle Star Sprites from ADK, a competitive scrolling shmup whose perfect unique blend of puzzle and shmup action explains the cult status the title enjoys nowadays.

Despite the lack of popular one-on-one fighting games in the upcoming weeks we will at least have yet another contender for 'Best wrestling game on the Switch' crown: King of Monsters 2. 'Watchoo gonna do when Cyber Woo runs wild all over your town, brother?'

Will you be picking up any of these besides the mandatory puzzle bobbling titles? Nostalgic memories of Trash Rally seeping in? Are you whistling the Puzzle Bobble theme right now? Tell us all in the comments below.

Anthony...

I found this... pretty much NooBie proof....

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/neogeosvideo.html

As always, thanks again !

Awesome Dave.That's from James from Jamma Nation X. He does great consolized MVS units if you ever want to go that route. So many recommend him as well. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1