IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

20 minutes ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Interesting. A Neo-Geo homebrew in development called. "The Eye of Typhoon". A title released for the 3DO, PC, and on the sole Korean market. Originally developed by Viccom. A Korean partner with SNK. Looks really nice. ;-)

Eye of Typhoon, une rareté 3DO mise en ligne – Le Mag de MO5.COM

From the description off the link.

https://ozzyouzo.itch.io/teot

TeoT

The Eye of Typhoon is the second fighting game developed for the Neo.Geo MVS by Viccom, a Korean partner and friend company of SNK. 

Its release was limited to PC CD-Rom and 3DO versions in 1996, and on the sole Korean market. 

As for the prototype that was initially developed for the Neo.Geo, it was never published and has yet to reappear... 

Thus, The Eye of Typhoon has only reached an extremely limited audience, be it at the time of its release, or thanks to the more recent means of distribution and emulation. An unfortunate fate for a game with such a strong identity and delightful exoticism.

The aim of The Eye of Typhoon [ Tsunami Edition / Saiki ] project is to bring this good old arcade production from the first half of the 90s back to the Neo.Geo!! the plateform for which it was originally intended! ;-)

However, it is not a direct port of the 3DO and PC versions, but rather a complete overhaul based on the graphics and sound material designed by Viccom.

An original program  that will pay a tribute to the system and the good old way of making video games. 

Our ambition is to produce a new Neo.Geo game that combines the expectations and excitement of a brand new game to the unique feeling of getting one's hands on a long lost treasure !

Well, you guessed it -> the flavour of the arcades of the good old days is what we're aiming for! ?

Here's the YouTube video 

From the description

"The Eye Of Typhoon [ Tsunami Edition ] / [ Saiki ] for the Neo.geo! +++ Making of included +++ It mainly uses C language and custom tools designed for the occasion."

Anthony..

Awesome! I love this!

• Like 2

Well heck, the $4 suggested price is a no-brainer for the title screen alone (in neo geo pricing).  One day I'll probably get the ability to properly play neo geo romfiles, either via flash cart, or more likely, fpga. 

This has been a nice surprise, thanks for this.

That art style and palette really takes me back to the first half of neo's lifetime.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

Interesting. A Neo-Geo homebrew in development called. "The Eye of Typhoon". A title released for the 3DO, PC, and on the sole Korean market. Originally developed by Viccom. A Korean partner with SNK. Looks really nice. ;-)

TeoT

The Eye of Typhoon is the second fighting game developed for the Neo.Geo MVS by Viccom, a Korean partner and friend company of SNK. 

Its release was limited to PC CD-Rom and 3DO versions in 1996, and on the sole Korean market. 

As for the prototype that was initially developed for the Neo.Geo, it was never published and has yet to reappear... 

Thus, The Eye of Typhoon has only reached an extremely limited audience, be it at the time of its release, or thanks to the more recent means of distribution and emulation. An unfortunate fate for a game with such a strong identity and delightful exoticism.

The aim of The Eye of Typhoon [ Tsunami Edition / Saiki ] project is to bring this good old arcade production from the first half of the 90s back to the Neo.Geo!! the plateform for which it was originally intended! ;-)

However, it is not a direct port of the 3DO and PC versions, but rather a complete overhaul based on the graphics and sound material designed by Viccom.

An original program  that will pay a tribute to the system and the good old way of making video games. 

Our ambition is to produce a new Neo.Geo game that combines the expectations and excitement of a brand new game to the unique feeling of getting one's hands on a long lost treasure !

Well, you guessed it -> the flavour of the arcades of the good old days is what we're aiming for! ?

Here's the YouTube video 

From the description

"The Eye Of Typhoon [ Tsunami Edition ] / [ Saiki ] for the Neo.geo! +++ Making of included +++ It mainly uses C language and custom tools designed for the occasion."

Anthony..

Hey guys,

This looks awesome! How are we so lucky to continue to see these games being released all these years later! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

TeoT

Here's the YouTube video 

From the description

Anthony..

Hi there!, this is my first time commenting here but beign a fan of the NeoGeo and SNK in general i think i will fit just fine here (probably!).

It's a bit weird what they are doing with The Eye of Typhoon (a new game using assets from the 3DO and PC game), but it's really nice to see this graphic style (like the first wave of fighting games after SF2) once again!. Currently looks a bit rough around the edges (as expected) but very promising.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Hi there!, this is my first time commenting here but beign a fan of the NeoGeo and SNK in general i think i will fit just fine here (probably!).

It's a bit weird what they are doing with The Eye of Typhoon (a new game using assets from the 3DO and PC game), but it's really nice to see this graphic style (like the first wave of fighting games after SF2) once again!. Currently looks a bit rough around the edges (as expected) but very promising.

Hey Pancho,

Happy New Year bro. Thank you for enlisting onto the AtariAge.com forums and welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread.  :waving: :thumbsup:

Really thrilled to see you on here after all the great content you shared on Twitter for me to share on the thread for others to benefit on seeing. It's an honor to have you posting with us now, and we look forward on seeing you continue to do so in the future for sure. Feel free to share your material and questions that you might have to ask as much as you wish bro. Well be glad to see them and help as much as we can. 

I agree Pancho, it looks very promising on what the group is trying to do with The Eye of The Typhoon. Yeah, much work is needed, but if they put their heart, soul, and dedication towards the game. I believe it will turn out to be a fun game for us in the Neo-Geo community to play. Wishing them all the best on their project for sure. ;-)

Thank you again for registering onto Atariage Pancho. Have fun and go right ahead and browse through the huge amount of pages we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread. Enjoy your stay and we also look forward on seeing you throughout the forums posting away as well. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Don't forget the new issue of Retro Gamer is now on sale. It features

Neo Geo

Sabre Wulf

Seymore

Alfred Chicken

Enter The Matrix

Wizball

The Simpsons And plenty of other things I can't find emojis for, including a dinosaur getting punched in the face by Action Man

Anthony..

Hi guys,

明けましておめでとうございます

プレイヤーの皆様、今年もよろしくお願いしますね

#KOF98UMOL #2021年 #あけおめ

Translated from Japanese by
Happy new year

Players, thank you again this year.

#KOF98UMOL#2021年#あけおめ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

たくさんのご参加ありがとうございます

「サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション」おんらいんくじ

年末年始追加開催中

ラッキーチャンスボーナス賞牙神幻十郎・特製法被です

背中いっぱいの牙神幻十郎は迫力満点

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/ #サムスピおんらいんくじ
Thank you for your participation

"Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection" Onrai Lottery

During the year-end and New Year holidays

Lucky Chance Bonus Award Genjuro Kibagami, special happi coat

Genjuro Kibagami, who is full of back, is full of power

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/ #サムスピおんらいんくじ

Anthony..

Interesting new game. I might try it later, as it's clearly quite early in development right now. I do wonder if it will work on the 3 available Neo Geo ROM carts, as I do believe that the Neo Geo ROM carts are a little different from other systems' ROM carts in that you can't just put the file on the SD card and have it magically work. I still have not figured out what's up with my Neo Geo and the Darksoft cart or the RGB jailbars, which I still have not been able to fix yet. Still, it works, and for now I'll put up with the jailbars and the weird artifacts that the Darksoft cart causes.

• Like 1

Thanks for such warm welcome Anthony... it took me long enough to join! ? . I'm not usually a very active member of any community but i hope i can contribute with something from time to time!.

We should be getting new info in KOF XV (as far as they confirm Mai, they have my money ?), the new characters of Samurai Shodown and i hope the new NeoGeo (there were that weird story of a Metal Slug (the tank) console ?...), there are exciting times (and not so exciting...) ahead related to SNK... which remind me that last year SNK put a Mai focused store with plenty of goodies for her birthday (January 1st), but it doesn't look like they are doing it again this year ?.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Interesting new game. I might try it later, as it's clearly quite early in development right now. I do wonder if it will work on the 3 available Neo Geo ROM carts, as I do believe that the Neo Geo ROM carts are a little different from other systems' ROM carts in that you can't just put the file on the SD card and have it magically work. I still have not figured out what's up with my Neo Geo and the Darksoft cart or the RGB jailbars, which I still have not been able to fix yet. Still, it works, and for now I'll put up with the jailbars and the weird artifacts that the Darksoft cart causes.

I agree Steve. It looks like something that can be done correctly if the developers put dedication into it. I hope that they do because this game does have good amount of potential that I would like to try it out myself to play. Got my fingers crossed for sure. :)

Anthony..

8 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

Thanks for such warm welcome Anthony... it took me long enough to join! ? . I'm not usually a very active member of any community but i hope i can contribute with something from time to time!.

We should be getting new info in KOF XV (as far as they confirm Mai, they have my money ?), the new characters of Samurai Shodown and i hope the new NeoGeo (there were that weird story of a Metal Slug (the tank) console ?...), there are exciting times (and not so exciting...) ahead related to SNK... which remind me that last year SNK put a Mai focused store with plenty of goodies for her birthday (January 1st), but it doesn't look like they are doing it again this year ?.

You're very welcome Pancho. Glad to have you aboard with us. Exciting times indeed with the new King of Fighters title coming out, the new Neo-Geo, that really peaked my interested a lot and the new characters of Samurai Shodown coming soon. Lots to see and enjoy for sure bro. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

The Neo•Geo MVS was ahead of its time, with cool features like the memory card slot (for AES/MVS game play) and headphone jacks for each player. #SNK #neogeo #arcade #gaming #videogames #tbt

Anthony..

What the memory card can do?

Saving hi-score?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CZroe said:
1 hour ago, Serguei2 said:
What the memory card can do?

Saving hi-score?

That, and also let's players resume play from/on the home console or exchange hi-scores set at home with hi-scores on the public machine.

You mean, I would reached in level 15 at home and continue in the arcade?

AWESOME!

Do all games support memory cards?

AWESOME!

I'm sure it depends on the games, but later cabinets dropped the slots and devs probably stopped caring later on. Still, it was one of the earliest consoles to have a memory card. Not sure if the Genesis CD Backup RAM Cartridge and PC Engine Ten no Koe 2 count for their respective platforms since the cards themselves did not exist until after the AES with it's PCMCIA cards.
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Serguei2 said:

AWESOME!

Depends on the game. Neo Turf Masters is probably the stand-out example that I can think of, as it saves your current game, so you can start a course and then finish it at your leisure over the course of a year or 30, provided your memory card doesn't die, but it also keeps track of your stats as a player, which is really cool.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

【新年のご挨拶】 新年あけましておめでとうございます。 Happy New Year! 本年も「METAL SLUG ATTACK」をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 We truly appreciate your continued support for our game. #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210101_01qvu31.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 本日より1月7日まで新イベント「2021 NEW WAR!!」を開催中! ステージをクリアして「ガイアエレファント」をゲット! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210101_02n6l7i.html
[MSA Notice] A new event "2021 NEW WAR !!" is being held from today to January 7th! Clear the stage and get "Gaia Elephant"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210101_02n6l7i.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【MSA 更新情報】 1月4日までHAPPY NEW YEAR BOX CRANKを開催! 「ゴルデネス・ビーネ/カタリナ/エマ(覇軍の策謀)/パイルインパクト Ver.Unison」を獲得することができます! #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210101_04me73f.html
[MSA update information] HAPPY NEW YEAR BOX CRANK will be held until January 4th! You can get "Goldenes Bine / Catalina / Emma (Army's plot) / Pile Impact Ver. Unison"! #MSA#メタルスラッグアタック https://game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/metalslug_attack/news/20210101_04me73f.html

Anthony..