IGNORED

Gebelli compilation cart

Wrathchild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi!

Inspired by the recent flood on new conversions to the 5200, I set upon an ambitious task of making a 'multi-cart' compilation in just 32K!

Two games that I loved from the early times of owning an A8 were 'Embargo' and 'Match Racer' from Gebelli (most developed by the Solitaire Group). Therefore I picked 'Firebird' as a third title to put on the cartridge, as this was also fun to play, but with adding that and a front menu too into the code, things were getting quite tight in terms of space. BUT... I then employed the 'exomizer' compressor and managed to gain enough space to even add an extra bonus: 'Andromeda' (quite a strange game but it has since grown on me). SO... 4 titles in all!

All of the games have basic controls, using 'Start' and 'Option' keys on the originals (Match Racer using 'Select' too) so now:

Menu: * = step through titles

Andromeda: * = selects level of play (and changes the background colour)

Embargo: * = select level of play

Firebird: no special keys

Match Racer: * = select speed, # = number of players

They all support the use of the 'Pause' button too if you want to take a break!

One of the reasons for making this cartridge is; at the end of this month I am doing a tandem parachute jump (my first!) to help raise funds for the charity that supports our eldest daughter ( ME2 Club ). If you enjoy the conversions then do please donate any amount you can, details of how to can be found at this page.

Cheers go to Paul & phaeron (again!) for some debugging help on Firebird :)

Best wishes, thanks & Enjoy!

Mark

Awesome! You wouldn't happen to have a separate binary just for Embargo would you?

What do you mean by 'bin'? You are free to rename the file extension 'rom' to 'bin'.

I've looked at the difference between the 16K models and so can produce a 2-chip version by re-basing half of the code if that is what is required.

Try to rename it and load it on a usb flash cart but nothing happens.