IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for SPACE RAID - ORDER DIGITAL ROM NOW!

Rev

Okay, update time...

Well, I received the prototype PCB last week, although it was a couple of days later than expected. When trying to program an EPROM for it, I discovered that my EPROM programmer had died. I lost a few days there, but was able to desolder an already programmed EPROM from an older prototype and assemble it into the new prototype.

The good news is that the prototype works. I've tested it on my Intellivision 1, Intellivision 2, and Intellivoice. Tomorrow I'll be testing it at Games For Your Intellivision's place.

I'll update this thread when the testing is complete and the PCBs are on order.

• Like 12

Yes, the testing of the final prototype went well. I've ordered the PCBs, which should arrive within about 4 weeks. Hopefully a few days after that I'll be able to send them to Toby for final assembly and mailing. I'll reply when the PCBs arrive and are tested.

Hopefully Shatner won't have to be involved in the rest of the process.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PCBs are still in production. It could be a couple of weeks or so before they arrive. When they arrive, I need to assemble them for a few days, then send them to Toby (2-3 days). He'll need some time to do the final assembly of the shells and boxing up and shipping. I'll reply when the PCBs arrive.

Quick update: Blank PCBs for this game (and others) are currently being delivered from the U.S. to my place in the great white north. They should arrive within a few days, after which I'm sure I'll be very busy assembling them, for a few days at least.

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 7

Quick update: Blank PCBs for this game (and others) are currently being delivered from the U.S. to my place in the great white north. They should arrive within a few days, after which I'm sure I'll be very busy assembling them, for a few days at least.

Nothing but good news here....other than Harvey not sleeping for days while he builds these out. :-D

• 2 weeks later...