IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit game in production by RPC Games!

rpc_games

H Everyone, thanks again for your feedback.

@ProWizard, We have been coding in 6502 since 1986 when we first bought our 800XL machine. And yes coding on the Commodore 64 as well.

From that Atari STe and Amiga. We also did a Atari 8-Bit 256 colour Demo on Youtube. See here http://youtu.be/hTJ3DIMGAQo

So thanks ProWizard for your support but we do have the knowledge and the hardware manuals for the 8-Bit and 16 Bit Atari's.

@ Popmilo: hehehe No, it's not a get rich scheme, it's a keep our 8-Bit Atari's alive. Also we are thinking of a digital download option but no results yet.

@ Everyone else: Our game will check for extra memory and if it's available then it will use it. We also have an 800XL 64k machine

and will make sure it runs on that as well, so our game should work on the 65XE as well.

Oh, we are in the process of creating our new website as well.

Pete

RPC Games!

I would prefer a cartridge. But for $10 aussie even a disc copy is a bargain.

regarding the comments about free games spoiling us... I download lots of free stuff for my a8 machines, but I still buy cool stuff that is released... I purchased several of the gr8 games releases and will continue to purchase more stuff as it is released.

So don't be put off by that.

• Like 1

@ProWizard, We have been coding in 6502 since 1986 when we first bought our 800XL machine. And yes coding on the Commodore 64 as well.

From that Atari STe and Amiga. We also did a Atari 8-Bit 256 colour Demo on Youtube. See here http://youtu.be/hTJ3DIMGAQo

So thanks ProWizard for your support but we do have the knowledge and the hardware manuals for the 8-Bit and 16 Bit Atari's.

Well, the video certainly demonstrates that you were coding on the Atari in 1986. :) Sounds like a great project, though.

• Like 1

So let us summarize:

1) You already know what the game will cost to purchase

2) You have a website online with a logo and -very crucial- a link to paypal

3) Your experience goes so far that you can paint 256 colors on a screen

Sorry that my enthusiasm has slightly extinguished....

Edited by ProWizard

Lets wait until we see a demo before our interest gets raised.

Then when we see it, we then decide if we're interested.

Then when it is available, then order.

That way, everyone can see everything is above board and OK. Nobody gets hurt.

Lets just be careful not to ~potentially~ scare off a new developer, while I appreciate your concern. What you have spotted are valid concerns.

• Like 2

I have to say I'm also a little concerned, all the financial stuff seems to have been ratified long before there's a demo, no screens, no anything...

Before saying what it is show us a playable demo, no youtube stuff, just something we can boot...

And certainly NO PREORDERS....

• Like 1

Who cares if they are just "thinking" about doing a game right now, and don't even have more than a name. It costs you nothing but a minute of your time to read and answer if you'd pay $10 AU, for a commercial quality 3D 8-bit game.

If I just decided to ask right now, that if I did a game for the Atari for sale, and it was of commercial quality, I'd only expect a simple yes or no. Even if I never did it. What's wrong with seeing if there is a market for a "nebulous" game, if it is to be "commercial quality."

If they make a 3D game, of what I consider to be "up to" my standards for a commercial quality A8 game, when I see the final build and it's for sale, I'll decide to buy it or not based on quality, type and if I personally think I'll like it.

SAY YES and assume the best, IF it meets your standards when and if it's done, then buy it. If not, don't.

Some of you guys are jumping way ahead and assuming the worst. Why? Just answer a simple question yes or no.

I agree the 256 color display "demo" is a bit shallow to go pointing at for experience, I could figure out how to program that in an evening, and I took BASIC 30 years ago and never use it. But refer to first sentence in my post...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Wow !!!! Guys, take it easy !!! I can assure you we are creating the game. I worked on the intro screen yesterday using colour interrupts and Verticle Scrolling,

and YES please wait for the demo and decide for your selves if you want to buy it or not. It's totally up to you.

And no, preorders will not be taken. Please, just wait for the demo on YouTube and decide for your selves.

Our website has just been enabled and we are just setting it up, that's why the PayPal link is not working yet.

With the YouTube 256 colour demo, I just wizzed it up in about 1 hour. It wasn't suppose to be a Graphics Demo with wiz bang animation and music it was just to show all of the Atari's 256 colours on screen at once, that's all. A few of my mates asked me to do it. What were you expecting a 3D 256 colour landscape?

And with our game Centron 3D, YES it is in production, YES we are working on it and YES when I can get a working demo running I will post it on YouTube for

everyone to see.

and NO, we won't be scared away from creating this game. If some of you don't like it, please don't buy it. We are creating this game to keep our Atari's alive.

@GUNSTAR: Your right, can't people just give us a go first before they knock us down. I guess you can't please everyone.

So please, wait for the Centron 3D demo, we are working on it.

Thanks guys again for your feedback, all is welcome, even the negative feedback.

Pete

Manager

RPC GAMES (Australia)

NRV is still here. I can't speak for him, but I don't think there has been a status update in long time. The thread discussing the game (Project M 2.0) is here.

I posted a video of it running on my real machine a while back, crazy impressive. I really hope NRV finds the time to finish it. It seems so close to being there.

• Like 1

@gunstar: I understand that you would like to see me responding the way you think about it, but I have to disappoint you: you have unfortunately no influence on what I think or write. I have obviously another opinion; and let me explain it again and a bit more detailed:

The reason I wrote that rather skeptical post is that I think that rpc_games 'invades' here with lots of trumpets and fanfare, claiming that they will come with a game that pushes atari 8bit to their max. and even announces their finally released website in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224904-finally-our-website-is-up-wwwrpcgamescomau/

And the only thing I saw on that website was a rpc_games logo and a paypal logo.

Since other serious coders here with a good reputation and 'curriculum vitae' have the habit of introducing games in a lot more modest way, and they also start with showing examples of what they have so far, and rpc_games started to tell what the final price would be, and the fact that they concentrated on putting a paypal logo as a first step on their websites, I decided to post a skeptical message.

If you are blowing high tower (is that a real English saying?) you can expect a little headwind. I think that is a good thing.

If the game is there and indeed meet the expectations they created in advance, I will the first one to write here that I was wrong and offer my apologies about my attitude. But for now, I hope for you that I'm absolutely wrong.

• Like 1

@ Popmilo: Because our game Centron 3D will be a commercial product I can't really say too much about it. What I can say is:

Is it a Doom type game? NO.

Is it a elite type game? NO.

Is it a freescape type game, NO.

Hint: If you like flying around over a 3D object plane and ...... That's really all I can say at the moment. I shouldn't have even said that.

We should have a demo in a few weeks. I know everyone is so eager to see it but all, please be patient we are working on it.

Thanks Popmilo :)

• Like 1

1) The guy is developing a new 3D game for 8 bit

2) He was kind enough to tell us, He didn't have to.

3) It takes time and effort to do ANYTHING 3D on A8.

4) You could just say, YES, we would like to purchase a commercial quality title.

IMHO anything really good deserves at least a cart, maybe even a laser printed label, box, manual, and NO digital download. They need to be compensated for their work not ripped off by easy copies, mclaneinc.

I'm proud to have Venture and Tempest Xtreem carts in my collection, sans the boxes, and I'm gonna have those made.

• Like 2

IMHO anything really good deserves at least a cart, maybe even a laser printed label, box, manual, and NO digital download. They need to be compensated for their work not ripped off by easy copies, mclaneinc.

I'm proud to have Venture and Tempest Xtreem carts in my collection, sans the boxes, and I'm gonna have those made.

I prefer a digital download and I always pay for anything I use. I want file versions since I invested an awful lot of money in ide+ and myide 2 interfaces (and THE!cart) because I love to have all my games, demos, tools in one interface and when a game is only available as a cart I still have to carry games with me.

But when the game is good I ofcourse buy it anyway

• Like 1

Hint: If you like flying around over a 3D object plane and ...... That's really all I can say at the moment. I shouldn't have even said that.

Cool... Got that ;)

So its Mercenery then... Good! I like that very much :)

• Like 1