IGNORED

Jupiter Ace: Complete old stock and trademark for sale

I'm surprised the Jupiter Ace company still exists!

The creators are going to retirement and are going to sell every company's asset starting at 10,000 pounds.

Including unsold stock and even the Jupiter Ace trademark.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/british-microcomputer-jupiter-aces-unsold-stock-software-a-name-go-up-for-auction.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RetroCollect+%28RetroCollect+-+Retro+Gaming+%26+Game+Collectors+Community%29

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321400883511?clk_rvr_id=633597233472

I've to say that the original white computer was very elegant, even though I only could see it in pictures.

I remember a large surplus of Jupiter Aces were sold cheap already in 1984, probably through the mail order mentioned on the homepage.

It seems the unsold stock is limited to two computers, a number of tapes, flyers and other bits and bobs. I suppose the buyer, whether it'll be the museum or someone else, is more interested in the brand name and software rights than actual hardware.

I remember a large surplus of Jupiter Aces were sold cheap already in 1984, probably through the mail order mentioned on the homepage.

It seems the unsold stock is limited to two computers, a number of tapes, flyers and other bits and bobs. I suppose the buyer, whether it'll be the museum or someone else, is more interested in the brand name and software rights than actual hardware.

Haha! it looks like you're right: two computers! not exactly what the eBay auction says!!

More info: http://tasklinedatalog.co.uk/thejupiterace/more.htm

Is there ANY market remaining for Jupiter software? Would it be a viable business plan to copy the tapes to CD and sell full compilations -- like the "Stella Gets a New Brain" collection of Starpath games from many years past?

Having looked at the detailed listing on the website, there is much less "stuff" than I would have expected -- no pallets or even cartons of NOS hardware/software.

An odd amount to be sure. It's admittedly hard to make a realistic valuation of the last vestiges that represent all your years of blood and sweat. Did they make a Dear to My Heart pricing tally or just go with highest ever recorded ebay prices times inventory? Why not just round it up to $20K if it's so valuable. Or maybe the price is coincidental to the balance due on a mortgage, cost of an RV or some monetary retirement goal they want to achieve, in exchange for their rare treasure trove?

To be perfectly honest, I don't see that specially created ebay handle ever advancing to "one" on the completed auction counter.

The price is already rounded to £10.000. Yes, that is British Pound because both the computer and the seller are British. The figure of $17.000 is actually rounded based on current exchange rates between the GBP and USD. To be exact, 10.000 GBP in today's exchange rate is exactly 16.791 USD, not 17.000.

• Like 1