IGNORED

HSC5 - Game #6 - Frogger

Sorry for my lack of participation lately...my main computer went down May 1 and I had to rob my second computer of parts just to get it back working again. Since then I've lost a hard disk and a video card and am waiting on a few items before both are fully functional again.

Hints and Tips - Frogger (Intellivision)

(Personal notes on the game)

• It seems that they only programmed three levels for this game, as level 4 returns to the level 1 easy layout of cars/water section, with just the addition of the snake/croc/otter. So if one can get by level 3, you should be able to make level 6 without much effort, helping to boost the scores.
  • Also, the level selection is not as one would think. Level 1 is the classic game (but with wraparound in the water section). Due to the Intellivision's paging and/or programming as it was done, this can cause the frog to be off the log/croc/turtle and be on the water instead. However, the game only makes a check if the player is safe or not upon moving, so as long as your next hop puts Frogger on a safe spot, you are fine. *In other words, ignore the manual's wording that you have to hop quickly, as being safe trumps a quick hop*
  • Level 2 is placing the game at Level #4 of Frogger (1st pattern, with the croc/snake/otter). The wraparound still remains. Level 3 copies level 1 setup, while Level 4 copies level 2's setup, with the only difference is going off the right side now results in death, instead of wraparound.
  • As much as the nostalgic side of you may want to listen to the frogger theme at the start of the level, don't, as the timer starts ticking as soon as the game is drawn. Yes, unlike the arcade version the theme stops immediately upon moving, it's better than having your time clock run (and lower your scores and/or death)

Any other hints, share to all :)

Edited by cparsley

A few notes...

One the free life at 20,000 does also occur at 40,000.

Two, the third trip through the levels was a little wierd, level 9 was not the crowded traffic pattern, that occurred at level 10 (and where this game ended). Level 9 was a mostly easy car section with a sparse water availability.

post-25689-0-44107600-1402192164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A few notes...

One the free life at 20,000 does also occur at 40,000.

Two, the third trip through the levels was a little wierd, level 9 was not the crowded traffic pattern, that occurred at level 10 (and where this game ended). Level 9 was a mostly easy car section with a sparse water availability.

attachicon.giffrogger48250.jpg

Congrats !!! :)