IGNORED

Tower 2 price?

Cyrus649

Yes, many many times over....but that's typical from a Jag noob. That's not the point though, the point is posting multiple topics within a short period of time(some within the hour).

I guess its been a bit heavy on the topics, but I got most of my answers. Noob? On this site yes. Trying to collect of the Jaguar, again yes. Jag Noob as you call it I not sure, since I had the system since childhood but could find anything on it till now. I didn't even know there was a cult following for this system. If this makes me a Jag Noob then sorry. I'm just happy to find more info for a system I thought was a nice gaming system for the time.

I guess its been a bit heavy on the topics, but I got most of my answers. Noob? On this site yes. Trying to collect of the Jaguar, again yes. Jag Noob as you call it I not sure, since I had the system since childhood but could find anything on it till now. I didn't even know there was a cult following for this system. If this makes me a Jag Noob then sorry. I'm just happy to find more info for a system I thought was a nice gaming system for the time.

That's fine, I'm glad your getting more info on the Jaguar. The Jaguar was also a childhood favorite of mine, it was the first videogame console I bought with my own money(was only $20 at KB Toys, but still I bought it).

Well if you want an RPG on the Jag you have to take it or leave it. Expect the same production quality as other Telegames titles. I think most would say that the game is not worth the asking price. It appeals to a niche audience. If you like dungeon crawlers and FPS-style RPG then you may very well like Towers 2. Of course around here most of us buy games whether we like them or not.

• Like 1

I would compare it to kings field on the psx or Slayer on the 3do, I think its visuals are a little lower but the game is deeper than the other 2. If you buy games often, as I do, new games cost 30-70$ and if youre ebay hunting which is my only source for classic games, I ofter spend 50-150$ a month. Battle Garegga for sega saturn cost me 175. worth it? do you like the classics better that new titles? do you favor sprites over polygons? if so hell yes its worth it. this game should give you about a month of nightly gamplay before your finished, longer if you new to RPG's, also be warned there are no walkthroughs online so if you get stuck, you're on own. Id say buy it.

It still confuses me why people don't buy the PC version on eBay for under $15 bucks. That's as close to try before you buy that anyone can get!

I seen the pc version and wondering if it would play with out too much trouble and there was going to be a gameboy color version but don't know what happen to it

I would compare it to kings field on the psx or Slayer on the 3do, I think its visuals are a little lower but the game is deeper than the other 2. If you buy games often, as I do, new games cost 30-70$ and if youre ebay hunting which is my only source for classic games, I ofter spend 50-150$ a month. Battle Garegga for sega saturn cost me 175. worth it? do you like the classics better that new titles? do you favor sprites over polygons? if so hell yes its worth it. this game should give you about a month of nightly gamplay before your finished, longer if you new to RPG's, also be warned there are no walkthroughs online so if you get stuck, you're on own. Id say buy it.

the graphics don't bother me, I still like daggerfall. I was more worry about the story.

Well if you want an RPG on the Jag you have to take it or leave it. Expect the same production quality as other Telegames titles. I think most would say that the game is not worth the asking price. It appeals to a niche audience. If you like dungeon crawlers and FPS-style RPG then you may very well like Towers 2. Of course around here most of us buy games whether we like them or not.

I kinda of read that in most of the forums. I love rpg and dungeon crawlers and even rouge-like games... Just worry about the story if it had one and was it any good...

the setup story is very good , but youre going to read it from the manual and a small intro on the cart, you can talk with characters and find hints written on pages in the game. not much ingame story, however Ive only had it for a couple weeks so there may be more, but I dont expect it. more of just little puzzles to solve, and finding secret doors. but like I said I have not had the game to long.

the setup story is very good , but youre going to read it from the manual and a small intro on the cart, you can talk with characters and find hints written on pages in the game. not much ingame story, however Ive only had it for a couple weeks so there may be more, but I dont expect it. more of just little puzzles to solve, and finding secret doors. but like I said I have not had the game to long.

that sounds like the early 3d dungeon game of that time

No, it's not worth the asking price. However, if you want to take the risk, you can at least have comfort in knowing you will be able to get your money back in full if you don't like it.

Personally, for the kind of game Towers II is, I think it's pretty solid. However, it's a niche genre that many around here seem to not care for. You can expect the same kind of gameplay as other dungeon crawlers (Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Master II, etc), albeit not on a grid like in those games. If you like those, you will probably like Towers II.

Yes, many many times over....but that's typical from a Jag noob. That's not the point though, the point is posting multiple topics within a short period of time(some within the hour).

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is with posting a lot?

Multiple topics from the same poster within a short period of time, comes across as spamming(or someone with ADD). I think a new topic from a poster should be given enough time to gain conversation before moving on to something else.

i have been asking myself lately if a lot of retro games i have yet to buy are worth the price... having checked back after a long break from buying games for systems like the SNES, Saturn, Jaguar .etc I have found the prices a little shocking compared to most recent observations, which were a few years back. I remember getting Burning Rangers and House of the Dead for like $30ea on ebay, now they go for as much as $150ea.

I have to wonder how the prices will trend in the future. imo whether a game is worth it or not is really up for you to decide, but i worry that will increasingly become a more difficult question if prices keep rising. I think for now most games are affordable, even if I whine a little and wait a bit to see if I can get a deal before I force myself to shell out as much as $150 for the ones I really want. But I've been passively collecting for a long time so I guess you have to consider maybe not getting everything all at once so it doesn't sting your wallet so bad :P

as for towers II, I bought it, sold it after putting a few hours in, never had the slightest regret. imo its extremely bland like the developers were checking off a list of the bare minimum conventions necessary to create a dungeon crawler without really adding anything of their own.

Edited by Willard

Multiple topics from the same poster within a short period of time, comes across as spamming(or someone with ADD). I think a new topic from a poster should be given enough time to gain conversation before moving on to something else.

I do have ADHD which is a from of ADD sorry

I thought it stacked up well against other RPG's on the Jaguar.

Yes, it stacked up well against itself, considering it's the ONLY RPG on the Jag.

Honestly, I still prefer Towers I on the Atari ST.

It's just usually part of forum etiquette to not open a new thread for every question you have, but instead use the search function to research if a similar question has been asked before. Some forums don't even enable starting new threads until someone has a minimum number of posts. It's just one of the typical rules most forums have, and it can actually help to have opinions and info on a topic not spread over half a dozen threads. Which in turn would make it easier for a newcomer to find answers without feeling the need to open a new thread, so it's a hen/egg-problem.^^

AA is not moderated much in that regard though, so I suppose we all have to live with this.

Another no-go in forums is usually double- or triple posts. Like when you answer three people in a row with three seperate posts. You should do it all in one post, but many don't. Usually you should only post if at least one other person has posted since your last one.

But AA works well despite all of this, and people seem to be happy overall. So I guess it does work out. It may have little moderation, but it is still one of the most active and constructive places in the net. :)

So yeah, posting a lot is what this forum is for.