IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

• 9 months later...

I'm sorry but neither myself or starwindz are still attached to the project, starwindz who is the programming genius behind the gamepack is an incredibly busy guy in South Korea with an very demanding job so its unlikely there will be any updates in the future.

Sorry...You may want to look at the Gamebases forum incase anyone has ported them..

http://www.gamebase64.com/

There's also a much bigger Windows based gamebase which covers a huge number of titles

https://mega.nz/#F!lrQzFLaa!unBGC3Udt2M24DZLMnD0Tg

Mega has a 4-6 gig at one time limit, so you can either if you have a floating IP reconnect your internet connection and return with a new IP or just wait 4 hours and return..

Its a wonderful gamebase with a hell of a lot of hard work in it, obviously ours is better ;)

Seriously Mark the guy who made it is a friend and I've helped a tiny bit bit on his (and I do mean tiny), he's put 112- 15 years into maintaining it, if you

There's also a small update with a hundred plus new games and extras her

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18fd4722

Have fun,

Paul

Oh, just incase, if your games are in the gamebase and you want them out just let me know..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Just get a lockup on Wine on MacOS X.The initial dialog box does come up and says I have three options which are Update & Start Game pack, Cancel and Official Forum. When I select Update & Start Game Pack I just get a sand timer and it locks.

Edited by polyex

I'm sorry but the programmer no longer updates the program and rarely ever visits the forums due to a very very busy job.

I wish I could help but he was the brains, I did all the Altirra related stuff..

Just thought of one possible fix..

Go to gamepack\ini\baseinforall.ini and delete that ini file, re run the gamepack exe and it will rebuild that ini file and hopefully work?

Edited by Mclaneinc

I'm sorry but the programmer no longer updates the program and rarely ever visits the forums due to a very very busy job.

I wish I could help but he was the brains, I did all the Altirra related stuff..

Just thought of one possible fix..

Go to gamepack\ini\baseinforall.ini and delete that ini file, re run the gamepack exe and it will rebuild that ini file and hopefully work?

I wen't ahead and disconnected my internet connection. It got past the update dialog but then it crashes on the Mac. I tried the same thing on an old Windows XP laptop and it did the same lockup when trying to update. I suspect my firewall is blocking and the app can not handle that gracefully? With no internet connection on the XP box, I got the program to come up and run.It is a shame the program is not being updated, you can see it is a real labor of love.

Edited by polyex

It was but life for me and Starwindz changed in very different ways, we both became very busy for reason mentioned in the thread...

There's also a thing called Gamebase Atari by Mark Hardnman which is a bigger thing with all sorts of titles on it where ours was a best of.

https://mega.nz/#F!lrQzFLaa!unBGC3Udt2M24DZLMnD0Tg

There's a post from me about 5 previous to this with much more details..

Edited by Mclaneinc

• 2 months later...

Its a mistake in many ways, its actually a hack that had not been removed at that point, the plan was for me to go through the whole item when it got to a point and preen the hacks out of it, some of the stuff was added before I'd had a chance to explore it all so the odd hack made it in...

I've added the disk just so you can have a look but its nothing official and certainly NOT Mr Robot 3..

Be aware that sometimes over the course of many computers the hackers created new screens and modified versions of man games and they got named as if they were real follow ups when they were hacks..

See Sidewinder 2, its nothing to do with the game Sidewinder or the team involved but its out there and we look at it in the way of, better to have than not :)

So...its NOT MR Robot 3......ever...never, ever....

Mr. Robot 3.atr

• 1 month later...

Hi tane, you would be better to move this announcement to the main forum as the Gampepack is now defunct, neither of us can maintain it now so its been shutdown a while now....(There are things like the Gamebase that still get worked on by Hardnman with torrent links etc out there, if you search my posts you will see the last gamebase links for his one in here and I think they still work.

Also, its great to see new levels, who is doing this, you, is there a sate to go to a mani forum where its maintained, it would be worth adding any of this info in the thread I suggest you make and if there's no main site then use the thread as a place people can find any updates..

They will be very welcomed..

Paul..

Just had a play, the second screen you can get to with the climbable rope allows you to enter into the score panel and basically get stuck which leads to a crash when the lives run out....Just a test?

Are you using a custom editor?

MODS, move if possible to main forum..

Cheers, Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hi tane, you would be better to move this announcement to the main forum as the Gampepack is now defunct, neither of us can maintain it now so its been shutdown a while now....(There are things like the Gamebase that still get worked on by Hardnman with torrent links etc out there, if you search my posts you will see the last gamebase links for his one in here and I think they still work.

Also, its great to see new levels, who is doing this, you, is there a sate to go to a mani forum where its maintained, it would be worth adding any of this info in the thread I suggest you make and if there's no main site then use the thread as a place people can find any updates..

They will be very welcomed..

Paul..

Just had a play, the second screen you can get to with the climbable rope allows you to enter into the score panel and basically get stuck which leads to a crash when the lives run out....Just a test?

Are you using a custom editor?

MODS, move if possible to main forum..

Cheers, Paul..

All the information and link are in the video comments. It seems that at this time is a promising demo.

Yes, looks nice but they will have to remove the bits where you can crash the game or it will lead to it getting called all sorts of not so nice names...As a demo, really promising....A new set of levels would be amazing as long as half way through you cannot get terribly stuck :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sadly updates are not on the cards...Its run its course with me and Starwindz....Starwindz should be proud of his program and I'm proud of my part but time stops for no man (or woman but they don't half try when you want to go out somewhere!!) and its out there to get and give enough of a joy to keep me smiling :)

• Like 1

For the game collection there is a new sprite hacked version of Miner 2049er.

Come download it here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/282290-miner-bob-altrernative-sprite/page-2?do=findComment&comment=4109877

post-4709-0-46955500-1536557474.png

Edited by doctorclu

Thanks Doc if you look at the message above yours it says that sadly the pack is no longer ongoing.....And a Secondary bad news was that one of the rules were no rom hacks in the collection....(at the time) but *I* love the idea of the hack and I've grabbed it to play so thank you very very much for bringing it up..

All the best..

Paul..

• 1 month later...

I'm late to the party as I go through my emulation phases, and haven't been around for ages...

I know this pack is no longer being updated, but I absolutely love what I downloaded. Just curious - I noticed when playing games, the frame rate seems to a bit off when compared to using the latest stand alone Alterra. For example, when playing the Atlantis rom, the ships have a slight stagger/jitter when moving across the screen, but in straight Alterra, they move much cleaner, like the real deal. I tested other fast moving games with the same results. Is it because the Best Game Pack is using an older version of Alterra? Thanks!

I'm late to the party as I go through my emulation phases, and haven't been around for ages...

I know this pack is no longer being updated, but I absolutely love what I downloaded. Just curious - I noticed when playing games, the frame rate seems to a bit off when compared to using the latest stand alone Alterra. For example, when playing the Atlantis rom, the ships have a slight stagger/jitter when moving across the screen, but in straight Alterra, they move much cleaner, like the real deal. I tested other fast moving games with the same results. Is it because the Best Game Pack is using an older version of Alterra? Thanks!

I don't know for sure about the latest Altirra, but you could try running the same game in straight Altirra, and if it is different then copy paste current Altirra to the emulation folder in the game pack.

• Like 1