IGNORED

is there a modern version of "H.E.R.O."

This is one of my favourite VCS 2600 or ATARI 8 Bit games.

Did Activision ever remake this game for a modern system ?

A GBA version with lots of levels would be great.

Maybe something for XBOX,PS2 or GC , too , but I don´t like 3D versions of classic 2D games.

Thimo

I would love to see an updating to HERO but I definetely would want it to remain 2D. They could add stuff like power ups to the laser, more powerful dynamite, etc. Let's hope somebody from Activision sees this thread!

And hide the original 5200 or 2600 version in it too!

I would love to see an updating to HERO but I definetely would want it to remain 2D.  They could add stuff like power ups to the laser, more powerful dynamite, etc.  Let's hope somebody from Activision sees this thread!

And hide the original 5200 or 2600 version in it too!

Yes - or maybe we should write to Activision and ask for it.

I sell games on ebay and H.E.R.O. is a game that always gets lots of bids , even used ones without box/manual.

People like this game and I´m sure that they could sell thousands of GBA H.E.R.O. games.

Thimo

I think H.E.R.O. could be made 3D. It could follow the same cave theme as Metroid, except that you'd be able to fly up and down too. The problem with H.E.R.O. is that the game is based upon a very short timer. I doubt modern gamers would accept that, because modern gamers like to explore without time constraint.

Oh I'm sure a 3D version could be done ala the excellent Metroid Prime, I would just rather it stick to 2D ala the also excellent Metroid Fusion. As for modern gamers not liking a timed event, they probably haven't played a game like that so it's hard to say whether they would or not. Part of HERO is the time element, aftert all those guys will suffocate if you're not quick enough.