IGNORED

LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information

This is OT of course, but since you posted the pic: Do the Jerrold and GI devices display the same title screen? I know at least one says "Jerrold."

You are assuming that he has actually plugged them in; as opposed to hoarding them in his loving embrace while cackling maniacally...

It should work just fine in LTO Flash! on a real system.

There is a bug in jzIntv that prevents it from running Ms PacMan. I imagine that's what you're running into. It's fixed in the latest dev build of jzIntv. The version in RetroPie (and thus the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback) and likely the one in jzIntvWii both still have the bug.

That has nothing to do with the name-embedding Carl did in his carts to tie them to purchasers, and that has nothing to do with LTO Flash!. LTO Flash! will play the game exactly the same way the CC3 does.

In case anyone's wondering, nobody had used the instruction PSHR R7 before Carl did, apparently. jzIntv emulated that instruction incorrectly, causing Carl's game to go into an infinite loop. Carl is always pushing the Intellivision even further than the rest of us! :-D

Ms. Pac-Man, at least the version that Carl recently released for free on his site, plays just fine on my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback. In fact, I was playing it earlier tonight on the UIFB!

• Like 1

Ms. Pac-Man, at least the version that Carl recently released for free on his site, plays just fine on my Ultimate Intellivision Flashback. In fact, I was playing it earlier tonight on the UIFB!

OK, cool. I had fixed the bug back in Jan 2015, but at least one of the RPi builds out there is from 2014. I guess at some point an updated build went out. For jzIntvWii and jzIntvAndroid, I'll have to ping jenergy to pick up a recent jzIntv snapshot, if either or both of those don't have the jzIntv bug-fix.

For the curious, the MVO@ R7, Rx instructions store the incremented value of R7, and jzIntv was storing the non-incremented value of R7.

thanks!

I would suggest not a few :)

I'll probably drive up, in which case I'll bring quite a few. If it turns out I need to fly up, I may give some to someone else who's driving up, or ship them to myself at wherever I'm staying. (I've done that before, going out to CGE in Vegas.)

Carl released a Free Version? Did he fix the error in the Second Intermission Music? Right after the intro part of the music the note goes too high and it's kind of annoying but I'm not bashing Carl or Concertizing him just seem like something he would not do since he did such an Awesome Job on DK Arcade.

Carl released a Free Version? Did he fix the error in the Second Intermission Music? Right after the intro part of the music the note goes too high and it's kind of annoying but I'm not bashing Carl or Concertizing him just seem like something he would not do since he did such an Awesome Job on DK Arcade.

Here's the blog post: http://www.carlmuellerjr.com/2016/06/ms_22.html

It does load and play just fine with LTO Flash!. I did discover, though, that Ms. Pac-Man is incompatible with the ECS in a way that LTO Flash! cannot work around. I don't know what the exact issue is, but some graphics display incorrectly when the ECS is attached, even if you ask LTO Flash! to disable the ECS.

Strangely, I don't see an issue in jzIntv w/ ECS enabled, so I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: I figured it out. If you use the write-only GRAM alias at $F800 - $FFFF with the ECS attached, writes to the GRAM alias don't actually work! I think the ECS unit may be intercepting those writes. I tested this by modifying Space Patrol to write to that alias for some of its graphics, and it sees similar corruption. This is not something LTO Flash! can work around. I haven't tried the aliases at $7800 - $7FFF and $B800 - $BFFF yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out the ECS is blocking those writes also. It makes sense: Mattel-style page flipping requires writes at addresses that could corrupt GRAM. If the ECS blocks those, though, then it makes those writes safe.

I've amended the description on the website to say "Play nearly all your games while leaving the ECS attached!"

Wow, learn something new every day. I'll have to update jzIntv to implement this behavior at some point.

Edited by intvnut

OK, cool. I had fixed the bug back in Jan 2015, but at least one of the RPi builds out there is from 2014. I guess at some point an updated build went out. For jzIntvWii and jzIntvAndroid, I'll have to ping jenergy to pick up a recent jzIntv snapshot, if either or both of those don't have the jzIntv bug-fix.

For the curious, the MVO@ R7, Rx instructions store the incremented value of R7, and jzIntv was storing the non-incremented value of R7.

Does the jzintv source code, that you currently have there for download, have this fix?

Ordered last night my copy from retrogamesshop.com too... The funny thing is that before my order just 4 pieces were available for sale... AFTER my order 5 pieces were available... I created two LTO carts in stock ordering my own one ?

Anyway... Now waiting for the delivery! So excited!!!

Ordered mine from the German reseller! Was 7 left in stock now 6 ;-)

Can't wait to enjoy this unit for many years to come. I kicked myself for not getting a CC3 back in the day but this product seems miles ahead of that so worth the wait!

-C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered last night my copy from retrogamesshop.com too... The funny thing is that before my order just 4 pieces were available for sale... AFTER my order 5 pieces were available... I created two LTO carts in stock ordering my own one

You must live in Europe because they only ship there. It says on their page that they take Paypal, how can they take Paypal as payment for the LTO Flash when Paypal forbids people using it to pay for Multicarts?

Shipping to the UK from Germany is always a bit queer. Looks like 17 Euros, but I wont be hit with any import fees so seems fair, but perhaps importing from USA would work out a tad cheaper even though the UK Pound to US Dollar is still weak.

In my experience, there are no customs fees on electronics but there are VAT and import declaration fees added. Sometimes you can fly under the radar, in particular if the seller specifies a lower value on the package but nearly nobody in the US is willing to do that - quite the other way around when you get stuff from China or Japan though.

So for instance in my case the choice would be $119 + 25% VAT * 8.54 SEK/USD = 1270 SEK, completely ignoring shipping costs, compared to 127 EUR * 9.53 SEK/EUR = 1210 SEK, plus shipping 162 SEK. The import declaration is in the range of 150 SEK, which means that if I order directly from the US, I should get free overseas shipping plus a discount of $4.50 for it to be worthwhile. Now I strongly doubt that LTO will be willing to sell me the item at those conditions... :) YMMV, for instance the VAT in the UK may be a few percent lower and your import fees may be different but not that much different.

Ordered last night my copy from retrogamesshop.com too... The funny thing is that before my order just 4 pieces were available for sale... AFTER my order 5 pieces were available... I created two LTO carts in stock ordering my own one

Your copy is already on the way, I'll send you the tracking information later today. :) As for the moving stock: I have shifted all copies placed on eBay to the web store yesterday evening. That should explain the up and down :)

• Like 2

In my experience, there are no customs fees on electronics but there are VAT and import declaration fees added. Sometimes you can fly under the radar, in particular if the seller specifies a lower value on the package but nearly nobody in the US is willing to do that - quite the other way around when you get stuff from China or Japan though.

So for instance in my case the choice would be $119 + 25% VAT * 8.54 SEK/USD = 1270 SEK, completely ignoring shipping costs, compared to 127 EUR * 9.53 SEK/EUR = 1210 SEK, plus shipping 162 SEK. The import declaration is in the range of 150 SEK, which means that if I order directly from the US, I should get free overseas shipping plus a discount of $4.50 for it to be worthwhile. Now I strongly doubt that LTO will be willing to sell me the item at those conditions... :) YMMV, for instance the VAT in the UK may be a few percent lower and your import fees may be different but not that much different.

Within the EU (and UK is still in the EU) are no customs intercepting the post.

It sounds like from carlsson's post, the price on RetroGamesShop is "about right." :) My hope was that it would be fairly similar to buying direct from me (+/- a few EUR), but with a much faster shipping time, and less customs hassle for everyone.

I'll be sending Marc some add'l units very soon so they stay in stock there as long as demand holds out and supply holds up. :)

I still haven't gotten the email blast out (or opened up the new thread, for that matter). Not to worry, I will. I've been busy getting packages ready to go out.

• Like 5

Intymike: Exactly, that is why I didn't factor in a 25% extra on the EU price, as well as no import declaration. But the ratios GBP/USD, GBP/EUR, UK VAT etc might be slightly different than my situation.

Actually it seems 1 USD = 0.749 GBP, 1 EUR = 0.836, 20% VAT and no customs duty (equals import declaration fee, I believe) on items worth less than £135 including shipping. The LTO Flash! would have a value of $119 + $20 overseas shipping = £104 once it gets to the UK, so no duty. That is a total of £125 including the VAT, compared to buying from Germany which would be 127 + 17 EUR = £120 so StarshipUK would be able to pay full shpping but get a $5.50 discount on the US price (or vice versa) to match the EU price.

Edited by carlsson

10 min to drive to post office

15 min in line up at post office

10 min getting money order /stamp /envelope ready

2 seconds to drop in mailbox

Waiting for my LTO Flash to arrive -Priceless

:)

With money order fees and exchange for me total

was $193.23 Cdn. Dollar.

Thanks again.

Cheers

• Like 1

10 min to drive to post office

15 min in line up at post office

10 min getting money order /stamp /envelope ready

2 seconds to drop in mailbox

Waiting for my LTO Flash to arrive -Priceless

:)

With money order fees and exchange for me total

was $193.23 Cdn. Dollar.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Wow, last week I paid $186 Cad for a money order from Scotia Bank...no money order fees...F Canada Post

• Like 1