IGNORED

Suggestions for crushed boxes?

nanochess

Hi everyone.

From time in time, fortunately rarely, I've got crushed boxes in mail.

I know that the "lines" are impossible to remove because the cardboard breaks, but what about sunken boxes and when box looks "inflated"

Any ideas for getting them back to original form?

Another one, sometimes the customs agent opens badly the games (two times has happened to me) so the cardboard breaks with kind of "tabs", there is any glue that would allow a "seamless" union? so far I only used transparent tape in one box (Quest for the Golden Chalice), but I've an Oil's Well one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

gallery_30245_975_296609.jpg

How is that not actionable? If the customs agent is ruing the value of the products inside then there should be somekind of compensation.

From the tons of shipments I have ever gotten from Canada I don't think I have ever noticed that they opened it.

There is a kind of reseal in the package and the contents is put back in disorder. No name of customs agent anywhere in the package.

I have tons of experience dealing with this thanks to careless dolts shipping collectibles in padded envelopes or stacking small boxes atop larger.

What I do is stuff the box with packing peanuts to help fill it out, so looks better on the shelf at least. I'm extremely tempted to try taking a steamer to a crushed box next. Or a kettle with boiled water in it, where steam comes out the nozzle. Am thinking if you're really careful, and using a motion similar to straightening out drapes and curtains, might be able to form the box more back to normal that way. Peanuts left in if course.

Not to dissimilar in concept to ironing warped and wrinkled manuals with an iron.

• Like 1

I would definitely believe that steaming boxes could work, but you'd probably want to do it on the inside, and then reglue the box together after. I haven't been brave enough to try it and find out if it makes the ink run or not. But if I give it a try, i'll for sure post before and after pics here.

• Like 1