IGNORED

off topic: Name the arcade game

snicklin

There was a game that I used to play in the arcade (well, it was actually at a swimming pool centre) which I cannot name.

It was an 8-way scrolling game from above and it was a bit like Sinistar and it was a space game. I think that you were on a grid pattern.

You could end up fighting a big god like thing which I think used to try sucking you in with gravity.

I estimate though don't take this as gospel that it was around 1984 by looking at the game, maybe a little earlier.

What is this game?

Black background for space... you had to shoot things and I think that the grid was blue....

No idea who made it.

Strangely enough, I think that Time Pilot replaced the game that was at the pool.

Thank you all for your assistance, it's not any of the above mentioned games but I think that maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

I've just tried KLOV too, but no luck on there.

I'll keep a look out and if I see it, I'll come and update this post.

Advice: Give up here....!

Nope. not Bosconian but that looks like a good game. I will play it some time.

I'd rather give up here because I think my head is playing tricks on me as I am sure that the game was very similar to Sinistar, so much so that it may actually be that game and that would then be rather embarrassing for me. I may be getting a couple of games mixed up to explain the grid....

If so, I'd rather not waste everybody's time!!

If so, I'd rather not waste everybody's time!!

I don't think most of us around here would consider tracking down the title of a nostalgic game a waste of time. Personally, I enjoy these kinds of discussions.

• Like 1

No port was done of either, although a part finished homebrew of Time Pilot is out there.

I used to play TP lots - it looks better than the sequel. Looks like TP2 would probably be easier to make on the A8 - there doesn't seem to be any multilayer stuff going on like TP, where you can have clouds both in front and behind the other objects, plus they move at different rates to give the depth effect.