IGNORED

AtariVox+ (AtariAge Edition)

mos6507

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully a question with a quick answer.

Reading the docs it appears the capability to write to a memory block is not dependent on the mode the AtariVox+ is in at the time. If in a Vectrex compatible mode then writing to a free memory range should still be able to occur.

The above is correct, right?

• Like 1

Correct

Richard,

I saw your 3D printed new shell that vectorgamer bought. Very nice.

How come they can make smaller and smaller data storage media every year, but the low res 3D prints can't be finer and more precise because we're at the end of improving what the existing plastic can print?

I had had to spend crazy money because I wanted mine as pictured in the worst way:

post-29575-0-37248500-1449050501_thumb.jpg

Beautiful

• Like 1

It's the limits of FDM printers (the type most use at home - cheapest).

Better printers, like Objet, start at about $30K (and the UV liquid is $500 per Kg).

I guess I don't understand why Better, Faster, Cheaper seems to have stalled in 3D printing.

Like current silicon tech can't pass 3-4GHz so they went dual core, quad core, octo core...

Seems like a large potential consumer market opportunity is waiting for 3D printing.

On the flip side, the cost of inkjet printing at home seems to be dying, and chain store or mail order printing is cheaper.

I guess I don't understand why Better, Faster, Cheaper seems to have stalled in 3D printing.

Like current silicon tech can't pass 3-4GHz so they went dual core, quad core, octo core...

Seems like a large potential consumer market opportunity is waiting for 3D printing.

On the flip side, the cost of inkjet printing at home seems to be dying, and chain store or mail order printing is cheaper.

We have about reached the limits of what silicon tech can do. I think that guy who overclocked the FXII 8150 Bulldozer to 8Ghz under liquid helium still holds the record. Same 8-core CPU I use for fractal rendering, and after 3-4 years the latest offerings from AMD are only marginally faster so I see literally no reason to upgrade.

The next step up will be from silicon to carbon based computing. Diamond diodes do exist now so it's only a matter of time before they start building CPU chips out of diamond semiconductors and carbon nanotube traces. 8Ghz and higher would be no problem on Diamond semiconductors.

I have tried clear filament but it turns out semi-opaque. It's the defraction caused by the multiple layers.

Wow, it's nice to know you tried. I didn't know PLA came uncolored.

It is the hardware first that is important, obviously.

I just mentioned what I liked referencing my other post with picture above.

• 2 weeks later...

My AtariVox appears to be acting weird with Wall jump Ninja and not saving, though it recalls previous high scores and talks just fine. Heads up, I got mine from the.golden.ax before he fell ill in 2013, not recently from Albert in the AA store.

I posted a thread about it, with YT video:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246942-atarivox-not-saving-high-scores-in-wall-jump-ninja/

At this point, I'm not totally sure if it's the game acting up or the Vox.

I assure you, there will be more soon, Al is just busy and out of town. Building these takes a bit of time, but I recently prepped 15 more for Al, they just need to get the rest of the components populated (a lot), get tested and put into cases.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

AtariVox_docs.zip

Hi Richard,

I think I had carrefuly read AtariVox.rtf but cannot find some information. I try to understand Vecvox interface on Vectrex joystick port. VecVoice data are Ok with SP0256-AL2 with games as Verzerk or YASI but data don't match Speakjet chip for games as Space Frenzy or Vvox-Xmas.

From my observation I found that serial data from Vectrex console are both (Vecvoice and Vecvox) 9600bd, 8n1 and use the same polarity. By the way command sent from Vectrex don't match Speakjet SCP nor MSA command.

Can you tell me where I'am wrong or is there docs available for description of the Vectrex/Vecvox interface ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dar.