IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 26 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Dolphin

Vocelli

the highest score I was able to glimpse in oyama's video was 299,940. 300,000 makes sense but I did find some supporting information for it being 299,990. In the Old HSC season 3, week 34 the top score was reported as 299,990 (scored by D.Yancey). Twin Galaxies also reports the maximum score as 299,990.

also I found if you do a google search for "Dolphin 299990" you get a bunch of youtube videos & other records of this game max'd out. whereas if you search "Dolphin 300000" it's all unrelated stuff that comes up.

Activision has apparently kept silent on the matter.

• Like 2

the highest score I was able to glimpse in oyama's video was 299,940. 300,000 makes sense but I did find some supporting information for it being 299,990. In the Old HSC season 3, week 34 the top score was reported as 299,990 (scored by D.Yancey). Twin Galaxies also reports the maximum score as 299,990.

also I found if you do a google search for "Dolphin 299990" you get a bunch of youtube videos & other records of this game max'd out. whereas if you search "Dolphin 300000" it's all unrelated stuff that comes up.

Activision has apparently kept silent on the matter.

I mean to say, can you have the score board read 299,990. If so. Then any additional points are the AMAZING score, so technically the high score is 299,991-300,000 (I think 10 points is the minimum point differentiator), so really the high score isn't 299,990 it is any amount of points past that score you AMAZING with the most reasonable increase being 10 points. Or a High score of 300,000 Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifDolphin (1B) 236200.jpg

one final hurdle to go...

ATTENTION Vocelli: unfortunately I must say, my points for last week got doubled! :-o I think I should only be at 1103 now in the overall standings. the others it appears did not get double points for Strategy X.

My mistake -- apparently, I was undercaffeinated Monday morning when compiling the overall scores. :sleep: PM sent to Vocelli.

Thanks for being heads up and for your good sportsmanship! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wow I didnt think there'd be so much contention. Whatever the high score is, just put me in as tied for 1st place.

I see Im STILL not on the Dolphin high score list...I'd appreciate you adding me.

Edited by RJ

I think Vocelli is waiting for a screenshot.

I dont post screenshots- never have, never will. I havent all along. Im an honest person & wont try to cheat my way thru a friendly video game contest. If that were the case, my overall score would be a lot higher. You'll note I dont bother emulating either. I use the cart or a compilation disc. Plus, Im led to believe it's unnecesarily convoluted & I choose not to bother my wife with it. My word, as anyone else''s here unless proven otherwise, should be plenty to go on.

As for my 1st post regarding the secret word/my score, I had the impression it was common knowledge on a classic Atari gaming forum, that Dolphin ended. Now I see Vocelli had no idea. I didnt mean to cause confusion.

My score- 299,990. I got it 30 yrs back as well as today. My kids watched me do it.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Some tips from my guide:

-If the squid is getting too close for comfort, you can always try jumping over the seahorses if you don't think you can get into the proper position for the next school of seahorses in time. This only gives you 10 points, but should prevent you from getting pushed back too far.

-Also, if the squid is getting close and he gets a good current, pull a one-eighty and swim away from him in the opposite direction. If the current is still on screen, he won't be able to turn around.

• Like 3

HighScore.com TOP records in 2600 Dolphin - Game 1, Difficulty B/Novice (click on the pictures below and attention to the date)

Hardware: post-24681-0-26272500-1409098131_thumb.png

Emulation: post-24681-0-83170000-1409098136_thumb.png

When I submitted the rolled score in Dolphin, I entered as 299,990 points, which is considered Rollage.

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 1

As for my 1st post regarding the secret word/my score, I had the impression it was common knowledge on a classic Atari gaming forum, that Dolphin ended. Now I see Vocelli had no idea. I didnt mean to cause confusion.

My score- 299,990. I got it 30 yrs back as well as today. My kids watched me do it.

misunderstanding on my part. It wasn't clear to me from your first post whether you were a member of the Secret Society of Dolphins in the past, or this HSC Season.

DolphinSociety.jpg

I didn't realize that you haven't been posting screenshots. It wasn't that I didn't trust you, it is just that usually I see screenshots from most HSC players.

Regarding 299,990 or 300,000, atariage.com has it at 300,000 for the patch.

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/activision_patches.html

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 1

I've been jumping over the seahorses since I saw oyama's video & i think it gives me 150 pts if I don't bump them. 10 or more if I do. I'll double check that though.

b.t.w. --

CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE for that assault on Strategy X last week. 11 of us beat the previous HSC record set by toymailman in 2010 !

• Like 4