IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 26 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Dolphin

Vocelli

Poking along slowly but surely. I had a pretty good rhythm going until those seahorses drank their Red Bull and started approaching at mach 8. Been timing the jumps and going over most of the seahorses, dipping down once in a while to grab a "good wave." But by the time it speeds up, my poor green dolphin doesn't even hit the water by the time the next slew of seahorses shows up. To all the Amazing folks out there, how do you deal with this? Navigating those pesky little gaps at this sort of speed is near inconceivable to me.

post-40055-0-13756800-1409447114_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Poking along slowly but surely. I had a pretty good rhythm going until those seahorses drank their Red Bull and started approaching at mach 8. Been timing the jumps and going over most of the seahorses, dipping down once in a while to grab a "good wave." But by the time it speeds up, my poor green dolphin doesn't even hit the water by the time the next slew of seahorses shows up. To all the Amazing folks out there, how do you deal with this? Navigating those pesky little gaps at this sort of speed is near inconceivable to me.

attachicon.gifP_Aug30_134852.JPG

The timing for most of the game is - wait for the current to move off the screen - jump the seahorses. But there is spot (seems to be where you were) where the timing changes. When the current moves off the screen at that point, it requires two jumps in a row. Then wait for the next current to move off the screen, and it's jump twice again.

That phase of the game seems to only last for about 20,000 or 30,000 points. Then it changes back to one seahorse jump per current, but at a really fast speed.

You're closer to being Amazing than you might think. ;)

• Like 2

The double sea horse section lasts for a couple of squids, whether you kill them or not. I lose most of my lives in this section trying to capture a sea-gull.

A better tactical play if you want to save some lives is to just jump the sea horses like mad (every 13 gates is a new color squid) and if the squid gets close to tailing you, wait till it hits a wave forward and change direction.

• Like 2

I jumped the seahorses in my first game. Then I read manual and started to learn the tones...

It was only after going back to jump all seahorses that I impreved from 50k to 130k.

Now it's time to deal with this double jumping seahorses.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 2

I go by the tones and shoot for the openings. The game seems to lose its charm if you ignore the auditory cues. But it may be necessary to jump seahorses to get the big scores.

You're right. It would be better if we could always use the tune clues for openings...

Well, I'm still using the highest tone/opening untill about 130k when there are the double barriers of seahorses.

And now 209,650

I thought it would be an amazing game...

post-32348-0-30172700-1409533069_thumb.jpg

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 2

Just hoping to get this one in under the wire. My version of midnight's still a couple of hours away. Thanks to CaptainClassic and Scrabbler15 for the great advice, seen above, in regard to the timing of the seahorses and whatnot. If I'd had a little more time today (not just a few minutes at the end of the night), this valuable advice might have seen some Amazingness. Thanks for the advice.

I'd been following the cues as much as possible, but the only one I'm 100% on is the top, high-pitched gap. All the others seem to be too confusing, especially when it hits double-time. I was counting seconds between horses, and hadn't even noticed that the current leaving the screen coincides neatly with the appearance of the horses on the right. Ah, if only I knew then what I know now ...

And, giant squid, the competition may be over, but I'm still after you.

post-40055-0-35046200-1409548654_thumb.jpg

• Like 2