IGNORED

Almost $800 for Battlesphere Gold on Ebay?

JaguarBrett

Leaving BSG inside the original shipping box is hardcore, Saturn. I was all about keeping sealed games, but was never that hardcore :)

I recently opened 8 sealed Jaguar games and have no regrets about it, actually I feel better now that they are open. I tell myself that I can't take these games with me, so I might as well enjoy them while I can.

Bit different when we're discussing Battlesphere Gold and its inherent value over opening sealed copies of ANY other sealed Jaguar Cart title.

attachicon.gifBattlesphereTrio.JPG

sorry for the crappy pic but my camera battery had like 20 seconds on it so I only got one chance :P

The cartridge contains the contents of battlesphere, battlesphere gold, and a special selection menu preceded by a high res FMV intro sequence. There are 3 LEDs on the cart itself that cycle as each different selection is highlighted (battlesphere/battlesphere gold/jugs).

Personally I prefer the look of the game selection menu over the actual battlesphere game menus, too bad they never got another version out that polished up the menus a little because I think this showed they were actually pretty decent CGI artists too and I imagine they were working with better modeling software and more powerful computer hardware than they had available to them during the original development period.

Thanks for the pic! Did it come with a box and manual or just the cart?

BattlesphereTrio.JPG

sorry for the crappy pic but my camera battery had like 20 seconds on it so I only got one chance :P

The cartridge contains the contents of battlesphere, battlesphere gold, and a special selection menu preceded by a high res FMV intro sequence. There are 3 LEDs on the cart itself that cycle as each different selection is highlighted (battlesphere/battlesphere gold/jugs).

Personally I prefer the look of the game selection menu over the actual battlesphere game menus, too bad they never got another version out that polished up the menus a little because I think this showed they were actually pretty decent CGI artists too and I imagine they were working with better modeling software and more powerful computer hardware than they had available to them during the original development period.

That is very awesome indeed! Appreciate you sharing with us, I'd love to see the intro as well :)

Nice find!

• 1 year later...

Okay sorry, wrong thread previously. $1200 is absurd for a roughed up copy of Battlesphere. A nice example of some re-seller wishful thinking..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battle-Sphere-1999-Atari-Jaguar-/252100288882?hash=item3ab2592172

That's just absurd! I saw that yesterday, made me laugh =)

Sad part is someone will probably buy it :/

Okay sorry, wrong thread previously. $1200 is absurd for a roughed up copy of Battlesphere. A nice example of some re-seller wishful thinking..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battle-Sphere-1999-Atari-Jaguar-/252100288882?hash=item3ab2592172

I've politely declined a couple of offers of $500 for my copy, but sheesh... $1200?! Think it would be time to let her go at that price! :rolling:

Its condition is perfectly understandable, though. Anything that's the same price as a realdoll better be able to be roughed up daily and nightly.

• Like 9

I think with the recent high prices we've seen for Mad Bodies and Downfall+ on cart it'd be realistic to think there could be a bidding war and it might climb to 600 to 800. Maybe not though and it'd sell for $450. Asking $1200 out of the gate is just greedy. I'd expect more from such an ethical group of people as pro ebay re-sellers. I know they just wouldn't feel comfortable making too much profit from a less than top condition item ;)

NES001 Syndrome, huh?

Maybe if he popped the "Gold" sticker on there, in that condition, he could muster around $800?

But $1200 dollars for Battlesphere "Vanilla" in arse wiped condition... bit of a hard sell.

As usual, the greedy, uneducated seller can barely read or write, as evidenced by their hasty description. What a surprise // *** the ongoing correlation ***

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121768193763?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's another pricey one. It's "rare"..must be worth 500 bucks..

Anyone recognize him from the custom white jag/jag cd with red buttons?

Edited by travistouchdown

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121768193763?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Here's another pricey one. It's "rare"..must be worth 500 bucks..

Anyone recognize him from the custom white jag/jag cd with red buttons?

Best thing is we can still knock some of those out for £50 as I still have excess parts. But as the seller seems not to jab a basic grasp of English I didn't think it was worth me pointing it out! :D

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Regular just went for $660..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201515361796?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seems to be creeping up to Gold territory these days (though I still think this is a bit much..)

I had bid on that one, but I stopped at about $600. I might have been a bit more aggressive had I more money available, but was only gonna jump on it if I thought I could nab it for a relatively reasonable price. Almost never see them for sale these days.