IGNORED

The CGE exclusive Intv game BLIX is limited to 30 copies

Rev

How about an extended run of Blix carts, but instead of a price of $35 each, set the price at $75 each, and whoever buys one also gets an Intellivision Flashback II if and when it comes out (just pay for shipping when the time comes). Everyone's reasonably happy, then.

Why would they even have to throw in the Flashback II??? They could just make additional copies available at $75.00 each and Intv. hoarders would line up around the block to purchase 3 copies each…not to mention, they would do so in no less than three pre-order threads! :lolblue:

PS: If you think I am poking fun at anyone here, you are right. I love making fun of my own OCD collecting tendencies! :P

How about an extended run of Blix carts, but instead of a price of $35 each, set the price at $75 each, and whoever buys one also gets an Intellivision Flashback II if and when it comes out (just pay for shipping when the time comes). Everyone's reasonably happy, then.

I would do that but atGames probably doesn't want to keep track of those purchases for an extended period of time. I wish they would allow GDG to sell more and give them a royalty equal or greater than what they get from a sale of a Flashback. That would be better for them than an actual sale, especially considering that nearly all of us willing to buy Blix on cart will be buying a Flashback anyhow.

Hey just asking, but if you were showing up at the CGE on Saturday and the game sold out midday Friday, how did you get your copy of the game? Early release maybe? :P

Well, for once I got lucky :). I had heard that it was sold out but decided to ask anyway and lo and behold, it presented itself.

Good call Mojo!

This goes back to Crazy Climbers suggestion of maybe Good Deal Games did have more than 30 made.

It never hurts to ask!

I talked briefly to Michael about this later in the show. He initially had a majority of them on the table for sale, but held a few back behind the counter. I think it was an attempt to keep speculators from just buying them up. For the last few, if people asked specifically for them he would pull one out for them.

I talked briefly to Michael about this later in the show. He initially had a majority of them on the table for sale, but held a few back behind the counter. I think it was an attempt to keep speculators from just buying them up. For the last few, if people asked specifically for them he would pull one out for them.

I witnessed this as well. GDG did a solid for attendees who wanted to get the game for playing (or collecting) and reign in the speculator crowd in this respect. When I was in line to get Blix, the crowd seemed respectful of this approach as well -- didn't see anyone scooping up 2 or more copies of things.

I agree, Michael was very cool about things as he usually is. I was in probably 5 minutes after doors opened, not even knowing about quantities being limited or not. Wasn't even sure i was going to get it, but seeing the brief paper with the screenshot and description made me want to pick it up (blissfully ignorant here of anything other than a 'secret brand new intv game at gdg'). Picked up that and 2048 2600 as well.

gavv

116/125 and counting, thanks Lathe26

I agree, Michael was very cool about things as he usually is. I was in probably 5 minutes after doors opened, not even knowing about quantities being limited or not. Wasn't even sure i was going to get it, but seeing the brief paper with the screenshot and description made me want to pick it up (blissfully ignorant here of anything other than a 'secret brand new intv game at gdg'). Picked up that and 2048 2600 as well.

gavv

116/125 and counting, thanks Lathe26

No problem. Which ones did I sell you? I met so many people that it is a blur for who bought what games. :-)

I might have been the first Blix buyer once the doors opened. I was among the 1st 10 people in in Friday and jogged / ran straight to the GDG booth. I left poor Jason and Cmart in the dust. :-P

No problem. Which ones did I sell you? I met so many people that it is a blur for who bought what games. :-)

I might have been the first Blix buyer once the doors opened. I was among the 1st 10 people in in Friday and jogged / ran straight to the GDG booth. I left poor Jason and Cmart in the dust. :-P

I bought Turbo and Triple Challenge. I was seriously considering LF1&2 but decided not to at the time. I at least said hi to IP picked up my flashback 'sleeve' and chatted with the podcast gang before heading back there :)

• Like 1

My guess is that Good Deal Games made its game in its usual batch run (not really realizing how crazy Intellivision collectors are) and then got made an offer it could not refuse from AT_Games.

My guess is that this will eventually wknd its way out there somehow. If not now, then in 2017.

No way those two fatties could run anywhere, im surprised they didnt have a heart attack just walking to the hotel. Lol

• Like 4

$60 for the sleeve and the Flashback was free.

I didn't buy the sleeve to get the Flashback.

I already have a Flashback and probably will get another and some of the adapters from Nurmix as I love those and the controllers from the Flashback!

But I just could not buy into the hype for that sleeve, signed or not. that was a great business move by Keith, I hope he took care of the Blue Sky Rangers in some way after all was said and done.

So I chose to leave with neither!

I have enough stuff and found a brand new Odyssey 2 at this awesome video game store next to the Pinball History Museum. My old one crashed so this was a perfect pickup for me!

Great place, well worth checking out!

Now that is a great pickup Trek! High five to you! ;-)

Thanks! It wasn't practical for me to get the system (not enough space) but I asked if they'd sell me the sleeve alone. The answer was yes and then when I heard $10, I jumped. I was expecting to be asked for $20 given the price difference between the standard Flashback and the ones being sold at CGE.