IGNORED

The CGE exclusive Intv game BLIX is limited to 30 copies

Rev

Intv may be different for whatever reason? At least 75 to 100 copies per game 'should' be made, to satisfy demand, I think.

INTV is different for sure, Homebrews are not as plentiful and readily available. As proven with GGG exclusive atari 2600 releases of 30, and him still having them available on his website years later, lol

As mentioned on another thread, there's a greater technological barrier to entering the Intellivision cartridge market. Isn't it the case that for platforms such as Atari and Colecovision, you can still get compatible EPROMs and burn them and just replace the ROM chip on an old Pac-Man or E.T. and you're set? Not so for Intellivision. There's no source of compatible EPROMs to 'drop on' to an old board that's been found to date. The GDG exclusive for Intellivision is based on a new board design, so there may be other supply issues there too -- in addition to any potential or rumored contractual limitations -- no idea.

As to the quantities involved, this is something that can only be determined though experience. From what I heard, the GDG exclusives were 30 copies for each title, regardless of platform. The hope is to sell all of them, if for no other reason than to avoid the expense of transporting them back home. You also don't want to make an 'exclusive' run that's so large that 90% of the pool of potential buyers get it anyway. It wouldn't be exclusive. And in the hectic nature of these shows, it would be impossible to sit there and require an ID to check whether person X already bought the game. All he'd have to do is ask three or four buddies to get in line with him anyway. Personally, I don't recall seeing anyone loading up on the exclusives. Perhaps I'm naïve and presume most (not all) of those lucky enough to get these things don't work on greed. There probably will be a few showing up you know where - hopefully most are from people who didn't care for the game.

Don't get me wrong -- it's frustrating for a collector or fan of the system to be unable to get these kinds of things. But this happens to all of us at some point. (Philly Classic 4-Tris anyone?) Point is, we should want to hear that the game is great and hope for an eventual expansion run. We've seen this sort of thing happen with some Intellivision titles already. The hope for the long term is that we (the Intellivision community) help those brave enough to take a risk delivering games for our favorite platform to be successful.

I also quickly counted 66 games so not sure listing is accurate unless I miscounted?

I counted 60 (maybe the listing is in flux?) and cross-referenced and sure enough -- Takeover isn't on the eBay listing -- but is pictured on the box.

Now I wish I hadn't use a sharpie on my monitor and box to keep track. (j/k)

Blix is not on my Flashback. Either the seller is misinformed (likely), lying (equally likely), or I got a defective unit.

Unless I'm very stupid or there's some easter egg code to access it. However given the recent kerfuffle, I'd assume people would be talking about it everywhere if this were the case. At least Bill L if no one else, as he seems to have his finger on the pulse of these things.

Edited by freeweed

He did have a large quantity of various Colecovision and Atari 2600 homebrew game cartridges.

It was announced on the forum here that only 30 were being made at the time.

If you show up too late Friday or Saturday for sure, they will be gone. Is that a surprise to anyone?

Gee.... I hope they are still there! Never works out very well.

That listing is not accurate and I can't imagine how that seller came up with the listings. There are only 60 games and it's the list I posted last month. Intellivision Productions followed that up with a similar listing, providing a bit more detail to the names, for instance identifying the changed names (Crown of Kings for AD&D, as one example). The only variation is the model with 61 games, with the extra game being the original baseball.

I checked the playable game list vs the back of the box and it matches exactly. So if you can find an image of the box art online, it's correct (I assume recent web listings match this, but just in case anyone's really curious). It did take me by surprise to see what seemed to be unlreased or homebrew games (Minotaur? wtf?) until I fired them up and did a double take. There were quite a few name changes for the FB due to licensing issues.

Here is the exact list: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/5716

And here is Intellivision Productions' version: https://www.facebook.com/notes/intellivision/intellivision-flashback-game-list/10154809902580314

Those are the lists.

I also have a slightly more detailed list (just the specifics, not any differences in names) in the article I did for issue 5 of RETRO that covers all three Flashbacks.

I think the paper at GDG only had information about the issues with the game and not any instructions (at least the one that I saw). A pic of the paper is shown on the first post on this thread.

Anyway, the game is fairly simplistic. You have three rows of different symbols and then you move right or left using the keypad buttons (1&3 for top, 4&6 for middle and 7&9 for bottom) to line-up the same character vertically. You lose your energy if you move past the edge on either side or something like that, I get the game over screen without knowing exactly why. Not much to it...

I played it on my Sears unit and the sound is minimal but not sure if that is the issue they were referring to.

Hey just asking, but if you were showing up at the CGE on Saturday and the game sold out midday Friday, how did you get your copy of the game? Early release maybe? :P

Hey just asking, but if you were showing up at the CGE on Saturday and the game sold out midday Friday, how did you get your copy of the game? Early release maybe? :P

I sold him mine for $200. Sucker!

Just kidding. I came just after the vendor area had closed on Friday, but we had the arcade almost to ourselves. If anyone noticed a tall redheaded girl who's a bit too young to remember the 80s, having fun learning how to use a joystick for the first time, that was us.