IGNORED

Magazine Type-In ML Monitor?

ballyalley

Nope. B&C has it for $14.99. I'm about to place an order from them for a bunch of APX programs to dump and scan but I want to get all the $7.99 ones first since I can get more of them. If there is a particular one you want I can put it on the list to send him

That's cool. I can't think of any others off hand; I thought Hex-A-Bug looked like an interesting debugger. If you've got a plan for scanning the lower costs titles first, no big deal, I can wait.

• 1 month later...

BTW, does anybody know if the APX disk "Hex-A-Bug" has been dumped yet?

I've got a small "Hex-A-Bug" update. I was reading/skimming "The Addison-Wesley Book of Atari Software 1984," edited by Jeffrey Stanton, et al. Here is the book's cover:

post-4925-0-16340600-1415807282_thumb.jpg

Here's a link to the book on AtariMania:

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/Atari_Software_1984.pdf

On page 366 of the book there is a full-page review of "Hex-A-Bug," which is simplly called "Hexabug." The review gives the utility an overall rating of B+. I've extracted the review from the book and have attached a pdf of it here:

Hex-A-Bug (David Kano)(APX-20199)Review.pdf

The program sounds a little primitive in some ways, but it still sounds pretty neat, right?

• Like 1

Here is Hex-a-bug, hope it works ok.

Thanks. Hex-A-Bug an autorun program, so it boots right up when I tested it using the Altirra emulator. Here's a screenshot:

post-4925-0-11177300-1416248126_thumb.gif

I've read that some APX disks have the full manual on the back of the disk as an ATASII file. Is this the case with this disk? Could you please trying dumping the back of the disk too?

Do you have the manual in paper format? If so, could you please scan it, as this program requires documentation to use properly.

Thanks for dumping this hard-to-find APX utility!

Edited by ballyalley

I've read that some APX disks have the full manual on the back of the disk as an ATASII file. Is this the case with this disk? Could you please trying dumping the back of the disk too?

I was mistaken. It's the back of the Antic disks (available via The Catalog in Antic magazine, I think) that have the manuals on the back of the disks.

• 1 month later...

Do you have the [Hex-a-Bug] manual in paper format?

The 38-page manual for Hex-A-Bug has now been scanned and added to Atarimania:

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-hex-a-bug_30060.html

The manual is for "Version 1, Edition B." I'm not sure if that means there is more than one version of the manual or software (or both).