IGNORED

Draker Quest- Complete

frankodragon

• 2 weeks later...

AA has all the needed parts to make this happen, aside from the required EPROM's, I think. ;)

Even if Al doesn't have any more MegaCart boards, I have a bunch left, not gonna be an issue.

@frankodragon: I came up with something pretty wicked (on paper), in terms of a 512K devkit, but it would be more like a re-flashable cart, that uses 512K bankswitching. External device cart programmer required and it would need custom software (trivial).

Restrictions are due to boards and components I already have. Take a peek at what a 512K NVRAM chip runs for. :) I bought too many of them.

AA has all the needed parts to make this happen, aside from the required EPROM's, I think. ;)

Even if Al doesn't have any more MegaCart boards, I have a bunch left, not gonna be an issue.

@frankodragon: I came up with something pretty wicked (on paper), in terms of a 512K devkit, but it would be more like a re-flashable cart, that uses 512K bankswitching. External device cart programmer required and it would need custom software (trivial).

Restrictions are due to boards and components I already have. Take a peek at what a 512K NVRAM chip runs for. :) I bought too many of them.

Hi CPUWIZ

how much is such a cart programmer?

Which one must i buy?

512k dev kit sounds great....possible with Pokey?

greetings Walter

No, that is a 3V device that talks over SPI. I am talking about a 5V parallel device.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Maxim-Integrated/DS1251Y-70+/?qs=0Y9aZN%252bMVCW438iJXY%252byyw%3D%3D&kpid=358995252&gclid=CO37t9HynsYCFRSIfgodYIEAEQ

I am sure someone is gonna pull up an ebay link for much less, but you can never guarantee they are new parts. As soon as you apply power to these chips for the first time, the battery is activated.

Hi CPUWIZ

how much is such a cart programmer?

Which one must i buy?

512k dev kit sounds great....possible with Pokey?

greetings Walter

It isn't a cart programmer, it is an idea I had. ;)

EDIT: Yes, it could technically do POKEY, 512K and 16K of extra RAM.

• Like 1

Still there has been issues with the Master Key code in Overworld Three. I don't know if 7800Basic is skipping the code but I'll try again with some "specific" code including room data. Also cleared up a few issues of sudden dead-ends in Water World.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229946-working-title-draker-quest/?p=3242901

• 3 weeks later...

Draker Quest will be demoed at the Classic Game Fest in Austin, Texas. While I won't be able to attend, those who will be, please let me know your thoughts, comments, etc. about it. In other words, give it a try. This is the very first game I've made that will get some public exposure at a convention. And I'm curious how it'll play on a real 7800 as I don't have the means (yet) except on MESS.

• Like 1

Hi Clark

a really cool game.....cannot wait to see it on cart

It was a pleasure for me to test it ;)

greetings Walter

Thank you. It was tested on a cart at the Classic Game Fest last weekend and it did work but I had to add code so it could be started with either the left or right trigger. You probably could use a standard 2600 controller as well.

• 4 weeks later...