IGNORED

Just picked up a Magnavox Odyssey 2, but...

Omega-TI

I built a converter to use Atari joysticks using 9 pin serial connectors, but it won't stay tight on the O2 side. Back to the drawing board.

Here you have info on the pinout for the videopac and atari joystick:

http://gamesmuseum.pixesthesia.com/history/gen2/odyssey2/o2stick.txt

Pinouts for the Odyssey2 joystick port:

________

( 1 2 3 4 5 )

\ 6 7 8 9 /

\_____/

1 - Ground

2 - Fire

3 - Left

4 - Down

5 - Right

6 - Up

7,8,9 - not connected

Pinouts for the Atari 2600 (etc) port, just for reference:

________

( 1 2 3 4 5 )

\ 6 7 8 9 /

\_____/

1 - Up

2 - Down

3 - Left

4 - Right

6 - Fire

8 - Ground

5,7,9 - not connected (actually, paddle inputs, etc)

Because it wasn't designed to be placed near the tv. Since it has a keyboard that is used often for selecting games, it was designed to be placed on a table near the player, so he can reach out to the keyboard. You may have noticed that the rf cable and power cord are extremely long, for this purpuse.

This is true for many consoles of that period including the 2600. Not for a keyboard in this example but you did have to use the switches fairly often. The sad thing about it is many children would also use the console as a table for their joysticks! The O2 in particular didn't handle this well. Most I have seen have a lot of scratches on the keyboard and the silver paint mine included. Looks like Omega came across a rare gem. That thing looks NICE!

• Like 1

I just picked up a Maggot Box O2, but it came with no cartridges and no power supply. :|

You can see from the image that the joysticks need to be cleaned up a little too.

Time to break out the old toothbrush!

I'm sure this has been addressed before in this thread (I quickly looked but didn't see it however), but i'm very surprised you consider the O2 a computer. Most of the O2 threads are in the Classic Gaming section. :)

Edited by Zap!

I'm sure this has been addressed before in this thread (I quickly looked but didn't see it however), but i'm very surprised you consider the O2 a computer. Most of the O2 threads are in the Classic Gaming section. :)

Guess the same reason the sale people used back in the day. Look it has a keyboard so you can use it not only for games.

If you would have a g7400 with g7420 basic module you could call it a computer.