IGNORED

Just picked up a Magnavox Odyssey 2, but...

Omega-TI

The must have multicart for this system is the c7060 cart. There is also a c7050 cart comming out. With this cart you can dump your own rom onto the cart.

As far as i know you can only order these games on the www.videopac.nl/forum They are made by user Rene_g7400

• Like 1

Best games in my opinion:

- KC Munchkin is really good.

- Anything with the voice module. It's creepy, yet cool. You need to get one of these. The O2 is pretty lame without it. KC's Krazy Chase, Killer Bees, Attack of the Timelord (This one is so cool with the voice, kind of weak without).

- UFO (it would be a lot better if you got more than 1 life)

• Like 1

The must have multicart for this system is the c7060 cart. There is also a c7050 cart comming out. With this cart you can dump your own rom onto the cart.

As far as i know you can only order these games on the www.videopac.nl/forum They are made by user Rene_g7400

My understanding is that the c7060 is no longer available with the c7051 being its' replacement. If you email Rene_g7400, you might be able to get on a notification/waiting list for when it becomes available. The relevant message thread (until the c7051 is released) is here: http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1987.0

• Like 1

My understanding is that the c7060 is no longer available with the c7051 being its' replacement. If you email Rene_g7400, you might be able to get on a notification/waiting list for when it becomes available. The relevant message thread (until the c7051 is released) is here: http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1987.0

THAT is a totally awesome link you posted! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THANKS!

Once I confirm that the unit I obtained works, (waiting for the cartridges I ordered and still need to buy a power supply), I'll email him to see if one is still available. I like the menu selection feature. All the games in one cart is just TOO COOL! :) Fantastic photos too.

Wow, you made those carts look GOOD. You'll have to share some photography tips. I know lighting plays an important part, but I always have trouble with glare.

Thanks! :)

You're right, lighting IS everything. I use a multi-LED flashlight, the one pictured below, to fill in the dark spots or to highlight specific sections of the object. It has a nice white light and is diffuse enough to not over power the object I can hold it at any angle I need to avoid the glare.

gallery_35324_1027_722793.jpg

(Click on image to enlarge)

Yes, I have of those, and it comes in handy for handheld games too. If you don't win that auction, there is a store here called "Big Lots" that sells something similar. Maybe you have the same store there. The one I have is "Dynex" brand, and it works pretty well.

There is a Big Lots right down from where I work. I'll go in early tomorrow before work and see if they have one. If they don't I'll find a BUY IT NOW and just order the dang thing. I'm READY TO PLAY, not to mention see if the thing even works.

Yes, I have of those, and it comes in handy for handheld games too. If you don't win that auction, there is a store here called "Big Lots" that sells something similar. Maybe you have the same store there. The one I have is "Dynex" brand, and it works pretty well.

I also have a couple of these Big Lots adapters, They really come in handy and they are pretty damn cheap to boot! Edited by Hyperboy
  • Like 1

Now that I've had a chance to play with this for awhile, I've come to one conclusion. The joystick cables are TOO SHORT!

It looks like my next project will be to lengthen the cables and make them detachable as well.

I'm thinking I'd prefer to make it one SWITCHABLE joystick...

Because it wasn't designed to be placed near the tv. Since it has a keyboard that is used often for selecting games, it was designed to be placed on a table near the player, so he can reach out to the keyboard. You may have noticed that the rf cable and power cord are extremely long, for this purpuse.

None the less, it can be usefull to make everything detachable so you can store it more easy.

I noticed in the two games that I have, each game requires the opposite joystick. I'm thinking both joysticks probably share some of the same lines, so I might be able to make up harness with a connector to mount in the case shell. The joystick would then just require a switch to possibly toggle the ground and maybe another line or two. I'll not know for sure until I get a schematic or open it up.

The local gamestore has an Odyssey 2 with two joysticks and a couple of common games - $89 Cdn. I used to have one but got rid of it but I've been wanting one again. Is that price decent?

You could probably do better on eBait or maybe even ask in the Atari Age MARKETPLACE. Good luck!

Have you ever seen any of Vectrex Roli's VIdeopac/Odyssey videos?

Here is one.

• Like 1