IGNORED

What's worth more, assembled or flat unassembled homebrew boxes?

Lathe26

Unassembled = more valuable because the big spenders are collectors who want mint, which is typically unassembled. Plus, an unassembled box can either stay flat or be built. A built box can not be flattened back to mint.

Separate topic, I like displaying my games, so I'd be inclined to buy two sets and build only one set.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Since we are talking about homebrew boxes I think it doesnt make much sense to talk about rarity of assembled/unassembled. If you have a unassembled box from the 80s its pretty nice, but if the game was produced 2014 its not so awesome, especially since the homebrew scene is very little and I think its much easier to get an unassembled box if you really want to. I refuse to call them more valuable just because they are not assempled and I also refuse to call this condition mint. They are not mint, they are just unfinished ;)

Since we are talking about homebrew boxes I think it doesnt make much sense to talk about rarity of assembled/unassembled. If you have a unassembled box from the 80s its pretty nice, but if the game was produced 2014 its not so awesome, especially since the homebrew scene is very little and I think its much easier to get an unassembled box if you really want to. I refuse to call them more valuable just because they are not assempled and I also refuse to call this condition mint. They are not mint, they are just unfinished ;)

In the greater scheme of things, I agree. Take Robot Rubble, for instance. If you started two auctions simultaneously with $0.99 starting bid where one had an assembled box and one had an unassembled box I doubt you would see much of a difference in selling price. Any difference in price would likely be because either 1). Shipping may be higher for the wider flattened box, or 2). The second auction might go higher as the first auction sets the base price leaving everyone else to raise their max bid for the second auction.

In the greater scheme of things, I agree. Take Robot Rubble, for instance. If you started two auctions simultaneously with $0.99 starting bid where one had an assembled box and one had an unassembled box I doubt you would see much of a difference in selling price. Any difference in price would likely be because either 1). Shipping may be higher for the wider flattened box, or 2). The second auction might go higher as the first auction sets the base price leaving everyone else to raise their max bid for the second auction.

Multiple auctions is an interesting dynamic. Another factor is simply the pool of interested bidders, If bidder #3 has a self-imposed max bid significantly lower than #1 and #2, you'll see that second one end substantially lower. Depends on how the pool of #3 and lower bidders respond - dejection, determination, or gotta-have-it-now!