IGNORED

INTYColor tutorial

Tarzilla

1 hour ago, YannAros said:

Hi,

You have to understand the meaning of the STIC internal registers.

There is a good documentation here : http://wiki.intellivision.us/index.php?title=STIC

And this tool helps to build up the register content : http://knox.ac.free.fr/inty_workshop/ (go to BACKTAB tab)

In you case $1200 comes from :

- FG/BG mode

- Foreground color : 0

- Background color : 9

- Card : 0

@YannAros, thanks again for sharing the link to that tool. It is very helpful to understand the register content! I am having a lot of fun with it! I love this forum! Thanks.

10 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

No worries.

By the way, your avatar ... it looks like a Japanese cartoon I used to watch when I was a kid (when the Loony Tunes and Road Runner cartoons were not around).  I don't recall anything about it, other than that the captain used to fly around in space in a WWII destroyer.  Is that character from that cartoon?  What is the name of that cartoon?

It was a Japanese cartoon indeed! It was my favourite one back in the 70's when I was an happy kid! It was called Captain Harlock (created by Leiji Matsumoto). His space-ship was called Alkadia...

PS: I have got the all series in DVD! ...LOL..

Edited by Alkadian

Guys, I need your help again :)

I have copied the title.map in a folder called mytest within Project folder and now I am stuck with the below:

intycolor  –b  title.bmp title.bas

Processing: title.bmp

Missing input file

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Edited by Alkadian

Where in the folder structure are you placed when you run intycolor? Is it in your path or are you relying on that it is in your current directory?

Chances are that you want to enter the destination folder and use a syntax like ../intycolor (or backslash if you're on Windows) unless the program is in the search path for programs in your command line. I suppose it might be doable to do intycolor -b mytest/title.bmp mytest/title.bas as well, but I'd try the other way around first.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Where in the folder structure are you placed when you run intycolor? Is it in your path or are you relying on that it is in your current directory?

Chances are that you want to enter the destination folder and use a syntax like ../intycolor (or backslash if you're on Windows) unless the program is in the search path for programs in your command line. I suppose it might be doable to do intycolor -b mytest/title.bmp mytest/title.bas as well, but I'd try the other way around first.

Thanks. I am using SDK for Mac. 

I have run it from IntyBASIC-SDK.

I have also tried what you have kindly suggested but no avail.

I have also run it from the /bin folder where intytest is as well. Infact inytest works fine though.

EDIT: All working. I have just re-installed the SDK package in my Documents and it worked! THANKS!

Edited by Alkadian
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Alkadian said:

Thanks. I am using SDK for Mac. 

I have run it from IntyBASIC-SDK.

I have also tried what you have kindly suggested but no avail.

I have also run it from the /bin folder where intytest is as well. Infact inytest works fine though.

EDIT: All working. I have just re-installed the SDK package in my Documents and it worked! THANKS!

Wait, that makes no sense.  He error you reported means that the input file (the BMP) could not be found, presumably in the current folder you were in.  It is an IntyColor error, so it wasn't the location of the tool, but the location of the image file itself that was in question -- IntyColor could not find it based on the information you gave it.

For that to work, you needed to change into the project folder.  You said that you started at the IntyBASIC-SDK folder, so obviously the image file would not be there.  You can either "cd" into "Projects/mytest" and run from there, or use the relative path in the command line to IntyColor, "- b Projects/mytest/title.bmp," etc.

dZ.

• Like 1

Oh, I see what is the confusion!  "IntyColor" is a tool that comes with the compiler, and is not integrated like the other tools I created for the SDK (intyrun, intybuild, etc.).

So, it is not really aware of the Projects folder and structure like the other SDK tools.

Darn!  To be honest, it never occurred to me.  Maybe I should wrap something around it on the next SDK release.

Anyway, the way to address your problem is like I described in the previous post:  to change into the project folder, or to include its path in the command line.

dZ.

3 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Wait, that makes no sense.  He error you reported means that the input file (the BMP) could not be found, presumably in the current folder you were in.  It is an IntyColor error, so it wasn't the location of the tool, but the location of the image file itself that was in question -- IntyColor could not find it based on the information you gave it.

For that to work, you needed to change into the project folder.  You said that you started at the IntyBASIC-SDK folder, so obviously the image file would not be there.  You can either "cd" into "Projects/mytest" and run from there, or use the relative path in the command line to IntyColor, "- b Projects/mytest/title.bmp," etc.

dZ.

Hi,

I don't know what I am doing anymore! :) I have also created too many folders and subfolders to test different files and I got lost...lol... I have deleted everything in order to start from scratch and yes you have to specify the relative path if you are in the IntyBASIC-SDK folder otherwise it won't work. Making new notes for myself so that in future I will not forget. Thanks again guys you have always a solution to everything!!! :)

1 minute ago, Alkadian said:

Hi,

I don't know what I am doing anymore! :) I have also created too many folders and subfolders to test different files and I got lost...lol... I have deleted everything in order to start from scratch and yes you have to specify the relative path if you are in the IntyBASIC-SDK folder otherwise it won't work. Making new notes for myself so that in future I will not forget. Thanks again guys you have always a solution to everything!!! :)

You shouldn't have to create folders, except to organize your own project files -- but that is up to you.  IntyNew should create its own project file, then anything inside it is up to how you want it.

9 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

You shouldn't have to create folders, except to organize your own project files -- but that is up to you.  IntyNew should create its own project file, then anything inside it is up to how you want it.

Yup! I have learned that the hard way! ;)

IntyNew is very usuful indeed. I can't go to bed as I am too excited about INTYbasic. I am having so much fun with exploring everything! It is so cool! 

Edited by Alkadian
  • Like 1