IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - September 26th 2014

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVisionites. :)

As October draws near, and with the Classic Gaming Expo now behind us, I think now is a good time to provide an update on what's going on with Joust and the other upcoming Team Pixelboy releases.

JOUST

Joust sold moderately well at this year's CGE in Las Vegas, and some of the unsold copies will be passed along to the Portland Gaming Expo, which will be held on October 18th and 19th at the Oregon Convention Center. So if you missed the CGE, you'll get another opportunity to score a copy of Joust in Portland less than a month from now. :)

I plan to produce another fresh run of Joust, which will go on sale in late October (more on that below). Earlier tonight, I sent a survey e-mail to every active customer in my Team Pixelboy customer records, to ask my customers if they bought a copy of Joust at CGE, and if not, whether they intend to purchase a copy of the game directly from me or not. From the replies I have gathered so far, I think a new run of Joust will be quite warranted.

THE GOONIES, SUBROC SUPER GAME AND TWINBEE

My original plan was to release Joust, Goonies, Subroc Super Game and TwinBee in mid-October. However, I am currently attending university classes this fall and I think it would be wise to wait until after my mid-term exams before putting the games on sale and processing orders. This means pushing the release date to late October, perhaps even early November. So while the actual release date for the four games is still undetermined, I can say that production is moving along quite smoothly: I'll be placing the print order for the manuals and the cartridge labels at my local print shop early next week. :)

The Goonies, SubRoc Super Game and TwinBee will all require the Super Game Module (SubRoc will be playable on the ADAM computer without the SGM). Joust does not require the Super Game Module. As usual, I'm not taking pre-orders or accepting payments for any of the upcoming games. I will be producing 100 copies of each of the SGM games, and I will produce more copies in a few months, after Opcode Games ships the second run of SGMs.

WHAT ABOUT CHRISTMAS?

I would like to release Knightmare, Ghostbusters and Boxxle on Christmas Day 2014, but dark clouds are gathering over that plan: I need to spend many hours beta-testing Boxxle to make sure everything within the game is perfect, and with all the university work I have to do, I'm really not sure I'll find the time to perform this beta-testing before Christmas. Also, Eduardo Mello is having second thoughts about letting Team Pixelboy publish Knightmare, and Eduardo hasn't delivered the beta ROM of Ghostbusters yet. We'll see how things will move along, but it's entirely possible that I will miss my usual Christmas deadline this year.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :)

• Like 7

Thanks for keeping us up to date with all the latest Team Pixelboy happenings. As I am sure others are, I will be anxiously awaiting the release announcement of each and every game, but understand the constraints that life can put on us.

BTW, I would love to see a Team Pixelboy sub-forum here in the CV&ADAM Forum just like Opcode Games and CollectorVision have!

• Like 1

BTW, I would love to see a Team Pixelboy sub-forum here in the CV&ADAM Forum just like Opcode Games and CollectorVision have!

Yes, Luc, time to make the sub-forum for all your bulletin news and for anyone who wants to comment about your wide range of games!!

Also a fixed thread to show your newer availability of old titles.

Just my 2 cents :)

• Like 1

I'll be at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo again this year. Last year was great. Looking forward to seeing those Pixelboy releases there. So Luc, will you be there, or will it be a representative seller?

I won't be there myself, that much is certain. I originally sold the first shipment of Joust to Sean Kelly, and Sean's been in talks with someone at the Portland Expo to acquire some of the copies not sold at CGE. I don't know who he's talking to about this, nor do I know how many copies will be available for purchase at this expo. So my advice is to simply show up at the Portland Expo and ask around until you stumble upon the booth that sells the game. :)