IGNORED

expansion module 1 questions

metzger130

As I mentioned on another post I purchased an exp module 1 today. I have a couple of Q's

1. Should I take the module out or leave it in when not in use? to that, if the module is in and I want to play a coleco game, can I?

2. Attached are a couple of pictures of the part that goes into the system. It looks a little rusted and possibly corroded a little. how would I clean this so that I know it will work for many years to come?

I have the ibook for it so I know how to hook it up and such, but is there anything I should know about this? I know it works as I put haunted house in and played it.

post-31141-0-09005200-1411848508_thumb.jpg

post-31141-0-41929200-1411848538_thumb.jpg

Clean the contacts like you would those on a cartridge, with Deoxit or something similar.

The rust is on ground/rf shield, I think... should be able to use some rust-removal stuff from auto store on that, I would guess, then clean it with alcohol after. Could also use a rotary tool with a wire brush attachment to clean the rust off.