IGNORED

preparing for the GOTY 2014

vprette

I'm not saying this is practical, possible, or even a good idea but I like the idea of multiple (but limited) votes. If I have say 2-3 votes to distribute, I might throw them all on my favorite, but more likely I'd toss one or two to my runners up. I think with a split vote (but not unlimited) the second and third place winners would be clearer. Just my opinion.

Im not sure i like the poll, then final vote.

Seems to me, if a game won the first poll, it should win GOTY. Afterall, it had the most votes.

Why vote on it again?

unless there is a two way tie.

Maybe you should have a poll on how to make the poll.

;-)

• Like 1

Im not sure i like the poll, then final vote.

Seems to me, if a game won the first poll, it should win GOTY. Afterall, it had the most votes.

Why vote on it again?

unless there is a two way tie.

Maybe you should have a poll on how to make the poll.

;-)

nono

what I mean is divide the games in polls

say we have 10 games out.... we divide in 2 polls

the winner of each face tho other... final poll only on the 2 games that won poll a and poll b

I say put them all in a list and give everyone 1 to 3 votes to distribute. Most votes wins. I'm not a big fan of bracket type elimination rounds.

I would agree but I cannot limit the number of votes, it is either 1 vote or as many as you want... that's why I'm thinking about a workaround..... anyway we will end probably with all in a list like the previous GOTYs

Edited by vprette

Could use the 50% then run-off system. If any game gets more than 50% of cast votes in the first round it wins GoTY, otherwise a run off vote of the best two or three (if the votes are close).

I also think at the same time a vote should be made for best packaging/presentation. The best playing game doesn't always have the best packaging.

Or... list all the games, allow everybody to vote on a SINGLE title--you know, what they consider to be the actual GAME OF THE YEAR--and be done with it. Sweet, easy, and uncomplicated. You know, like we did in the past. ;)

This multi-poll and multi-vote thing sounds too much like the "everybody gets a ribbon" philosophy they put up in schools where excellence and merit cannot be valued and appreciated; because the others may take it not as inspiration to do better, but as an affront to their self-esteem.

I say that, if amongst those titles in the list is a true gem (and I think there is), let people single it out. Let people make a conscious effort to select ONE among the rest. It does not (necessarily) mean that the others are crap.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

ok, let's assume all titles togheter, we will see if single or multiple choice when it will be time.

Having a best packaging/presentation vote is something new and maybe justified, do we have any people against this new price?

Personally, I do not see the point of that, but that's just me. "Best Game Of The Year" means that it is the best all around game. This also helps promote our community and show new comers what to seek in our console.

Nominating a "Not Really The Best Game, But Prettier Packaging Of The Year," to me seems like grasping at straws just to give give a ribbon to second place.

• Like 1

I don't think it will appeal to anybody to announce something like "Best Game Of The Year - Princess Quest" and "Best Use Of Colour In An Overlay - Boulder Dash." It just sounds lame and desperate, even vice versa.

-dZ.

• Like 2

This multi-poll and multi-vote thing sounds too much like the "everybody gets a ribbon" philosophy they put up in schools where excellence and merit cannot be valued and appreciated; because the others may take it not as inspiration to do better, but as an affront to their self-esteem.

I agree, 1 game voted on 1 poll.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...