IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Here is the error I am getting when I try to load the eprom to the concerto.

I as using the bios bin file. Anyone give me tips on what I am doing wrong or where the exact location or the eeprom loader I should use? The instuctions seem clear as mud. The second part for copy bios what is that doing? Do I already have the sd card with the bios on it(which I do) What does each line or the tool need to see and wth does it do?

Step 1 is looking for "eeloader.bin", not an "hbios*.bin" that you've selected. It's been a long while since I updated my original harmony with the USB method, but I believe there's a eeloader.bin in the program directory of that same updater program. There's a bit more info on the original harmony eeloader here

• Like 1

It is in the arm folder it says.. Wherever that is?

So step 1 line 1 eeloader ntsc image from where I do not know.

step 2 line 1 the same file as step 1

step 3 line 2 the sd card root hbios bin file

The bios is easy to find but the eeprom file is hard for some reason to find.

Now that my eeprom has 32kb and maybe becuase the hbios was put there and it is full any way to erase the eeprom or thats not a good idea? Or its ok just wait for someone to provide the eeprom loader file for ntsc?

I believe the eeloader.bin is just a program that runs once on the ARM chip in the harmony, to actually perform the upgrade of the hbios.bin file it finds on the SD cart.

I think the arm folder is in the same Windows directory as the Harmony software. Either way, I'd just grab the eeloader.bin from the harmony_105.zip file in the same thread that has the harmony software. Just be sure to actually use the concerto hbios file for step 2, instead of the regular harmony one in the zip.

If you do have an accident, you can always try again. From what I've seen with the original harmony, even if the cart gets in a bad state you can still repeat the usb update process.

Also regarding step 2 - I think the the "SD card:" field just needs to be "E:/". The harmony software just uses this info to copy the bios to the root of the SD card, and ensure it has the right name.

Ok I found the eeprom loader in the harmony software. so thats step 1.

I should have my sd card already with the hbiosbin file in the root directory before i start right? So in the third line just put in drive E nothing else?

In short line 1 and 2 eeprom loader ntsc

line 3 just the sd card drive location?

OK i reread your post your thinking

line 1 eeprom loader file

line 2 hbios concerto

line 3 drive E: where the sd card is

I should have my sd card alreafy with the hbiosbin file in the root directory before i start right?

Actually, you just need anywhere on your PC, but the SD card will do. As part of the update, the Windows harmony software copies the hbios to your SD (E:\) and renames it to just hbios.bin, I believe.

So in the third line just put in drive E nothing else?

In short line 1 and 2 eeprom loader ntsc

line 3 just the sd card drive location?

Yes on 3. Not quite on 2...

Line1 = eeloader_[whatever]_NTSC.bin (be sure to browse to it, so it includes the drive letter and path)

Line2 = hbios_conc_10_24_16.cbi.bin (be sure to browse to it, so it includes the drive letter and path)

Line3 = E:/

Ok that advice works. It updated.

Ok heres the results on a 512mb hdhc card

with 2 a1 serial number consoles with 2 different power supplies issues are.

1. will not always bring up the rom list.

2. will not load any game will not even try hour glass comes up.

3. tried loading about 40-50 games some will cause a red screen.

4. it you move around in the list too fast the cart will crash and show a rolling screen of black and white.

5. if you change thru 3 pages sometimes it will freeze about 40% of the time.

Anyone know how to try 2600 roms?

Just put them in the list?

This is with the .91 bios.

Tried a 16bg hdhc card fuji brand and it seems slightly worse than the 512mb

what are the best settings for formatting the card?

Is Concerto preferable to a FAT16 or FAT32 formatted SD/MMC card? I've tried both, but the results appeared identical.

SDHC cards didn't work at all.

the MMC card I am testing with mostly was what I used with my Harmony cart, which worked flawlessly, and previously with a CC2 I sold years ago. The FAT32 SD card I have tested with is a 2GB standard SD card which I used in a Krikzz Master Everdrive, and Mega Everdrive with no issues.

Ok hdhc never works thats my issue! What kind of sd card is standard? Can you buy these still today?

Well, at least the cart is running.

General question for all having problems. Have you tried to see if cleaning the cart slot makes a difference? Just to rule out poor conductivity.

Yes at least it runs. The most amazing part is once you figure out the reflashing it is unbrickable. And it is quite easy with the software and no need for eprom burners etc or fancy cables.

Once I get my sd card issue figured I bet it will work to some degree.(that part I am excited about)

Just to stress to others having problems do NOT even try a hdsc card!!

I have kinda a mental disorder when I have a problem it consumes me and I want to fight with it untill it is no longer a problem.

Yes at least it runs. The most amazing part is once you figure out the reflashing it is unbrickable. And it is quite easy with the software and no need for eprom burners etc or fancy cables.

Once I get my sd card issue figured I bet it will work to some degree.(that part I am excited about)

I have kinda a mental disorder when I have a problem it consumes me and I want to fight with it untill it is no longer a problem.

Please note, what 78001987 utilizes that works is:

"...a 256Mb MMC card (predecessor to SD) formatted FAT 16."

Here is an example of one available for purchase.

Also if you want 2600 games how does that work? Same bios just load a 2600 game and it will go out of 7800 mode and reset?

Just copy the 2600 ROMs to SD card same as you would 7800 games. The Concerto somehow disables the Maria chip upon load, causing the game to run in normal TIA mode. As a matter of fact, 2600 ROMs are the only thing that works consistently on my unit without glitches or crashing.

I tested mine with two 2Gb SD (both FAT formatted, presumably class 1? IDK they were both slow as balls transferring files) and an 8Gb SDHC Class 10 (FAT32). No issues booting, selecting and running 2600 ROMs off either so I can say 100% that SDHC cards should work.

Seems based on your responses, we are suffering from very different compatibility issues here.

@Trebor, @Jinks, I am not even sure if they still manufacture 2Gb SD cards anymore. It is a serious issue when trying to support legacy devices that rely on the original standard. NIB cards sold online might be overstock and sure to dry up sooner or later. No brick & Mortar store I know of carries anything smaller than 4Gb, or has for the past year or so, and even 4Gb are nearly the same price as an 8Gb and getting harder to find. My local GameXChange has assorted used SD cards believe it or not, many smaller than 2Gb.

Just copy the 2600 ROMs to SD card same as you would 7800 games. The Concerto somehow disables the Maria chip upon load, causing the game to run in normal TIA mode. As a matter of fact, 2600 ROMs are the only thing that works consistently on my unit without glitches or crashing.

I tested mine with two 2Gb SD (both FAT formatted, presumably class 1? IDK they were both slow as balls transferring files) and an 8Gb SDHC Class 10 (FAT32). No issues booting, selecting and running 2600 ROMs off either so I can say 100% that SDHC cards should work.

Seems based on your responses, we are suffering from very different compatibility issues here.

Ok my daughter wont let me format her 2gb sd card(has all her teenie booper songs for her dsi) it is a sd2gb.

I am going to try one other sdhc card it is a 4gb nexxtech class 4 will post back.

Please note, what 78001987 utilizes that works is:

"...a 256Mb MMC card (predecessor to SD) formatted FAT 16."

Here is an example of one available for purchase.

Maybe we should be trying those out? I think so as he has the best compatibility. And according to his results the concerto works 100% the problem is the pokey location on homebrew games

Ok my daughter wont let me format her 2gb sd card(has all her teenie booper songs for her dsi) it is a sd2gb.

I am going to try one other sdhc card it is a 4gb nexxtech class 4 will post back.

I wonder if you quietly take her files and copy them to a 4Gb card if she will even notice you swapped it. :evil:

Ok the sdhc 4gb card fat formatted will not even bring up the the rom list. Will show the rom folder sometimes mostly not.

Lesson learned sd card type matters bigtime for results ranging from not even seeing the directory to being able to see the rom list to not being able to navigate the rom list and the duration before crashing.

Will have to order one of the old mmc cards.

Going to try 2600 roms and see if it brings a game up to play.

Nope it freezes when selecting a folder.

Will try another card.

btw. I am using the hbios conc_10_24_16.cbi file. on my sd card

Same results with another card can not play 2600 games in fact the games do not even show up on a list it crashes in 4 seconds on the 7800 list and never loads any game. when it crashes it freezes.

I might have found a card local to buy a standard sd card 512mb.

Sometime this weekend i will buy one and give it a try. If not perhaps the only cards that will work are the mmc cards. With enough experimentation and time will find out.

Well tried for the last 1/2 hour. putting them on the computer and putting them on a 16gb. guess what the dsi cant read the damn sdhc cards.

DSi takes up to 32Gb SD cards. It says so on Nintendo's own website:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-DSi-XL-/Basic-setup-and-use/SD-Cards/Compatible-SD-Card-types/Compatible-SD-Card-types-245271.html

Compatible SD Card types

The Nintendo DSi is compatible with most SD Cards with the following specifications:

• Memory Capacity: Up to 32 GB (Gigabytes)
  • Type: The Nintendo DSi supports standard SD cards as well as high-capacity SD cards (SDHC) over 2 GB in size. This includes miniSD and microSD when used with their respective card adapters.
  • Speed: SD Cards with a slow speed may experience slow transfer time when loading files, or may not work at all. Slow transfer times can also occur with SD Cards that have a great number of files on them.

Did you use Windows tools or the official SD Foundation Formatter?

It has to be 32kb file size i fixed it. Gave her my 4gb sdhc and took her 2gb sd

I lost all her footnotes in the process and she cried for an hour.. so I am a big fuckup again.

And back to the atari 2gb is too small to put 7800 and 2600 games on. And can see the rom list but not 1 single game will try to load it just freezes. I might order 5 or so cards. I dont know where to go from here after another solid day at the computer still dont have much other than a rom list.

So the next step is aquiring what 9 or so 256mb mmc cards? the 2gb would not hold the harmony 2600 set had to pick the 7800 homebrew set and just was able to do that and the bios.

Wait something is really screwed up the 2600 set fit on the 512mb card... what the hell...will have to check it out some other day.