IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

Jinks,

So all your game noms in .a78 format? Just copy and paste them all to the SD card. After the Concerto V.05 flashes on screen a couple times, you should have another screen saying this is a work-in process (thats for sure!) and asking you to press the fire button After That you should have your menu screen with the list of noms that you can select.

Try reformatting your SD (some have trouble with other types (SDHC SDXC) card to fat 32 and starting again. it can't be bigger than 32gb. Try different SD cards.

I also have been waiting to here back from fred

What happens if no sd card is inserted?

Try that and see if it is the same as mine shows concerto v.5 no matter what I do never leaves that screen.

My screen flashes concerto v.5 for 10 minutes and nothing ever happens. Fire button, reset, select, pause, difficulty switch you name it. Sd card in ad card out always just the title screen flashing concerto v.5

With no SD inserted you will get the flashing Concerto V.05 for about 10 seconds, you will then get the "Firmware work-in progress screen. When you hit the fire button

you will get an initialization screen telling you to check SD card and reseat it.

If you can't get past the boot loader, you have problems.

With no SD inserted you will get the flashing Concerto V.05 for about 10 seconds, you will then get the "Firmware work-in progress screen. When you hit the fire button

you will get an initialization screen telling you to check SD card and reseat it.

If you can't get past the boot loader, you have problems.

Yeah I thought so... :(

Hopefully there is a way to fix it with the usb port somehow. Batari will know whats up. I will have to chillax and leave it alone!! :P

So I've found that adding my pokey chip to the Concerto cuts 7800 rom compatibility to about 70%. Lots of non pokey games don't load, or have serious problems when pokey is intalled. Removing pokey corrects them. Specifically:

Ninja Golf

Fatal Run

Double dragon

Kung fu master

Super PAC Man

Beef Drop

Basketbrawl

And quite a few others display corrupted graphics with pokey installed. They all play fine when no pokey installed.

So I've found that adding my pokey chip to the Concerto cuts 7800 rom compatibility to about 70%. Lots of non pokey games don't load, or have serious problems when pokey is intalled. Removing pokey corrects them. Specifically:

Ninja Golf

Fatal Run

Double dragon

Kung fu master

Super PAC Man

Beef Drop

Basketbrawl

And quite a few others display corrupted graphics with pokey installed. They all play fine when no pokey installed.

Interesting, that makes no sense to me, POKEY doesn't talk, so to speak, unless asked. I wonder if the power draw of it being there screws something up. Odd to me, some of those games that reveng changed the bankswitching hotspot on, work fine on even the MCP devcart, and that thing uses NVRAM.

• Like 1

Anyone heard from Fred lately? i have a few unanswered PM's to him.

Is he avoiding the angry crowd or hopefully working on a fix for a lot of these broken Concertos?

Its bad enough that my Concerto does not work but the lack of answering PM's is inexcusable.

He came back here selling his product, now its time to support it.

I am not angry. Just looking for a solution. Yes some support would be nice absolutely. I read earlier he wanted to fix these concerns so now I just need to wait and see if he follows thru. The lack of answers as of now is lets say... somewhat concerning. ;)

I hope he can fix it, that is what we all want anyways is a Concerto we can enjoy are 7800 games on. If some games didn't work I could understand that but I cannot play a single game without it freezing, resetting or have messed up graphics. Some load to a blank or white screen and I don't always get a rom menu.

Right now i have an expensive paperweight.

Any news would be appreciated.

Edited by Everett1954
  • Like 1

Ninja Golf

Fatal Run

Double dragon

Kung fu master

Super PAC Man

Beef Drop

Basketbrawl

I've tested each of these games but Super PacMan and they all load a play on my Concerto with a pokey installed. The only problem was Double dragon would crash after a few mins of play.

Poor guy. First, he develops a multicart with compatibility issues, and people get upset when he wants to fix it before release. Then, when he releases a few before it's 100%, we get this.

Cut the man some slack, get a different console, or sell your cart to someone else.

I'm not talking about anyone specifically here, just- chill out, ok?

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 8

Poor guy. First, he develops a multicart with compatibility issues, and people get upset when he wants to fix it before release. Then, when he releases a few before it's 100%, we get this.

Cut the man some slack, get a different console, or sell your cart to someone else.

I'm not talking about anyone specifically here, just- chill out, ok?

Really, cut the man some slack? How long does it take to reply to a PM?

There are multiple people on here with problem cartridges yet none of us have heard back from him.

Yep, its a beta with some problems but he chose to sell and support those betas. If they weren't ready, he didn't have to sell them, it was his choice. Did he even check the cartridges, how did jinks get one that doesn't even boot.

Seems like we have a lot of "Freds" out there speaking on his behalf. Sorry, but I would like to hear from Fred himself.

If you take my money for a product be prepared to support, fix or refund it if needed.

I hope he can fix it, lets hope we hear from him.

Edited by Everett1954

I haven't even had time to test mine yet, too busy with life's other endeavors. But I'm sure like everything else things will get sorted out. I'm in no rush.

Same here, all I've done was checked mine for physical damage and put it away. Being in the process of moving to the new house all my consoles are packed so it's not real convenient to dig my 7800's out at the moment.

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

I have 2 7800s. Not a single game ever worked period or even came up on thr menu or hell even the menu never came up.

Cut me some slack and understand I am not angry. Understand I spent money on it and I am looking for help to get something to work. I think we all deserve that some sort of answers.

To those that are fn dumb enough to not understand the logic here.

What if I took a PP2 cart and cut the board in half and sold it to you for 130usd and a black screen comes up?

Then told you you have a problem with your 7800 and should accept its a beta phase.

You got jack shit thats what. So like I said and will say it again I am not angry at Batari. He will have his chance to make things right.

To those that are telling us what we should say and whatever..well you can piss up a rope! I AM angry about that.

We will remain civil about this issue and be decent to Fred as he has stated he will make things right. But please if you do not have a horse in this race please stay out of it.

Same here, all I've done was checked mine for physical damage and put it away.

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Thats great guys. I bought mine to use not as a retro game status quo.

Ya see my wife and my kids and cats don't like to hear me bitching about it not working so I come here for answers.

I seriously am that dumb to believe a 129usd product should have some use. Why do you think some of us bought it for?

Hi all, sorry for everything. I'm going through major personal issues right now and I am getting to everything as soon as I can. I don't want to make excuses about it all but I can promise you all I will begin investigating this week. Since others have the same issues I may very well have a console that exhibits the crashing and freezing issue, maybe I just haven't played each one enough. I will also be getting back to PMs in the coming days.

• Like 4

Hi all, sorry for everything. I'm going through major personal issues right now and I am getting to everything as soon as I can. I don't want to make excuses about it all but I can promise you all I will begin investigating this week. Since others have the same issues I may very well have a console that exhibits the crashing and freezing issue, maybe I just haven't played each one enough. I will also be getting back to PMs in the coming days.

Thanks for the reply. Will await your pm in the coming days. I do wish this had gone smoother. We are all waiting to work with you for a solution to our problems this week as you have said.

Thanks again!

Really, cut the man some slack? How long does it take to reply to a PM?

There are multiple people on here with problem cartridges yet none of us have heard back from him.

Yep, its a beta with some problems but he chose to sell and support those betas. If they weren't ready, he didn't have to sell them, it was his choice. Did he even check the cartridges, how did jinks get one that doesn't even boot.

Seems like we have a lot of "Freds" out there speaking on his behalf. Sorry, but I would like to hear from Fred himself.

If you take my money for a product be prepared to support, fix or refund it if needed.

I hope he can fix it, lets hope we hear from him.

So have the folks who kept suggesting that only 2% of consoles might have an issue changed their minds yet? How about the folks that felt like the product should go full steam ahead without further work on "perfectionist" issues, and that support would be just a matter of happy end-customers just swapping consoles?

Not that I would ever be so bold as to say "I told you so". :ponder:

• Like 6

So have the folks who kept suggesting that 2% of consoles might have an issue changed their minds yet? How about the folks that felt like the product should go full steam ahead without further work on "perfectionist" issues, and that support would be just a matter of end-customers just swapping consoles?

Not that I would ever be so bold as to say "I told you so". :ponder:

I just thought it should work somewhat. I was prepared for that. It never worked at all even with 2 consoles with 2 different compatibility issues on each( one does robot tank one doesnt etc.)

I bought thinking it may not work completely but should get some functionality out of it example playing 2600 games.

My board is the exception. It does not work whatsoever.

Heck it sold out twice at prge two years in a row. Where is the owners feedback on their experiences and how to use the product. It seems all of this is non-existent as they are not interested in even plugging the mfucker in.

I have stated and will say again I will buy 2 or 3 of these to support the development onve all bugs are worked out as I think this can be a great product with some "tuning" on Freds end.

What may have been evidently overlooked is batari's statements, just a few weeks ago on Oct 17, in part:

"......I have been making some effort toward fixing those bugs in Concerto BIOS. Some consoles work great, some have minor issues and some would load almost no games at all. I bought about a dozen 7800s and found some exhibiting all known bugs.

The bugs prevented me from selling the rest of the original lot of pre-production Concertos. I have maybe twenty of them still. I have mostly solved the loading issue, which is the most serious issue I believe, and that is enough for me to sell the remaining units - they will be available at PRGE this weekend. After the weekend, if any are left, I will make those available here, and then work toward an official release of Concerto."
Fred made it clear that respecting the Concerto:
1. Some consoles work great.
2. Some have minor issues.
3. Some would load almost no games at all.
Fred believed he had mostly solved the loading issue, but still work needs to be done towards an official release.
Just six days ago he provided an alternate BIOS to see if it helped some - which may have helped some, perhaps others not so much. Thankfully, due in part for the tools the 7800 hardware homebrewers put out, we're able to have an active and relatively healthy 7800 scene. However, just like with games, it can take weeks or longer to sort through bugs.
Fred is not a 'Johnny-come-lately' to the scene, and obviously with at least a dozen bought consoles in his possession, in addition to the troubleshooting and active responses on this thread, including the offer to pay console shipping both ways to resolve a particular issue, Fred is obviously determined to get the issues resolved.
Congrats if you are one of the individuals who chose to purchase the beta product before it is ready for the official release, and were able to obtain one. It will require patience and understanding now to allow time for work to be done towards an official release and to get Concerto out of beta status.
  • Like 8

As long as when the offical version comes out I get mine updated or replaced or whatever I can wait.

Mine has absolutely nothing to do with compatability issues it can not get past the boot screen which is not a known issue previously stated. My cart did get past it once and then something happened to it like it lost the boot part of the code or something? I dunno. I have never had a flash cart work yet so was looking forward to selecting a game from a menu. Even if it crashed I would have been happy enough knowing someday it might work with bios updates etc..