IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

If word was to get out about them, they could sell. Hell, a lot of the 7800 and AtariAge Facebook group members don't even come here to AtariAge proper. There's like 1,200 members in the 7800 group alone there... Granted, I'm not familiar with how many 7800 homebrews use it...or how many 2600 homebrews do.

I'm assuming it isn't experiencing the same issue the AtariVox+ is with certain titles...

Why don't those 1200 people come over and buy some warez here man?

If you google Atari sites as a fan Atariage is pretty much THE ONLY site of any relevance.

• Like 2

Wait a sec here... Atari had a presence in Hong Kong and the Philippines. Hell, they even had a minute presence in Japan but got c**k-blocked by the myriad distribution system of Japan that kept foreign goods safely away from Japanese consumers. South Korea was also heavily protectionist then [err, still heavily protectionist]. But Atari 8-bit computers and consoles made their way to Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union back in the early 1990s, and the ST and above shortly thereafter. Even during the Soviet Era, various Soviet government entities had Atari computers at their disposal in addition to their home-grown wares. The Soviet Embassy in the States even had Atari computers according to Epyx who sent them copies of Summer Games to play back in 1984 during the Soviet boycott of the Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles that year. Krikzz just supports what he personally likes which we can't fault...

I was referring specifically to the Atari 2600. YEs, I am aware of the history behind the Atari 2800, which seemed to go over with Japanese consumers about as well as the past three iterations of Xbox did in the 21st century. It launched almost simultaneously with the Famicom and Sega SG-1000. The SG-1000 was on par spec wise with Colecovision, and the Nintendo Famicom quickly dominated in the Japanese homeland, followed by the NES worldwide.

Let's check the facts:

Atari VCS/2600, United States, 1977.

NES, United States, 1985.

Nintendo Famicom, Japan, 1983.

Atari 2800, Japan, 1983.

So yeah, the Atari 2600 was a joke when it attempted to launch in Japan, with all it's rectangles, beeps, and farts, six years late. It's like comparing the Game Cube to the Xbox One. Face it, most Asians have zero nostalgia for the VCS/2600. Otherwise we would have seen plenty of clone chips for it like everything else (besides the Flashback 2).

Why don't those 1200 people come over and buy some warez here man?

If you google Atari sites as a fan Atariage is pretty much THE ONLY site of any relevance.

Because Facebook Groups on a mobile phone are easier to navigate than the AtariAge website is on a mobile phone even with a proper Forum Reader app.

I was referring specifically to the Atari 2600. YEs, I am aware of the history behind the Atari 2800, which seemed to go over with Japanese consumers about as well as the past three iterations of Xbox did in the 21st century. It launched almost simultaneously with the Famicom and Sega SG-1000. The SG-1000 was on par spec wise with Colecovision, and the Nintendo Famicom quickly dominated in the Japanese homeland, followed by the NES worldwide.

Let's check the facts:

Atari VCS/2600, United States, 1977.

NES, United States, 1985.

Nintendo Famicom, Japan, 1983.

Atari 2800, Japan, 1983.

So yeah, the Atari 2600 was a joke when it attempted to launch in Japan, with all it's rectangles, beeps, and farts, six years late. It's like comparing the Game Cube to the Xbox One. Face it, most Asians have zero nostalgia for the VCS/2600. Otherwise we would have seen plenty of clone chips for it like everything else (besides the Flashback 2).

Lay off on the Nippon full-on robot chubby you've got going on there. Japan does not equal all of Asia. And I also mentioned Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union because that's where the OG SD Cart Homeslice resides from.

And for the record, the Atari 2600 had been unofficially imported into Japan years before the official release of the Atari 2800 there.

Edited by Lynxpro

I use an android phone for AA. Set AA setings to mobile. Easy to do, easy to use.

I could not imagine firing up a computer. Why? A neat little laptop maybe if contantly just have to post pictures and whatever.

Been using a phone on here for 8 years.

Pressing each letter one by one yet. I make more sense on the computer as the sentences structure gets screwed up and I don't edit that.

I use an android phone for AA. Set AA setings to mobile. Easy to do, easy to use.

I could not imagine firing up a computer. Why? A neat little laptop maybe if contantly just have to post pictures and whatever.

Been using a phone on here for 8 years.

Pressing each letter one by one yet. I make more sense on the computer as the sentences structure gets screwed up and I don't edit that.

I'm using aa on a 7" tablet with mobile disabled. I can't stand mobile mode honestly. Do you hold your phone portrait or landscape? I use landscape 90% of the time. Mobile optimized sites tend to struggle in landscape, or the font gets rediculously big. Landscape mode makes sense however using the desktop site. I wish the editing tools and wysiwyg interface were accessible on Android Chrome though.

I'm using aa on a 7" tablet with mobile disabled. I can't stand mobile mode honestly. Do you hold your phone portrait or landscape? I use landscape 90% of the time. Mobile optimized sites tend to struggle in landscape, or the font gets rediculously big. Landscape mode makes sense however using the desktop site. I wish the editing tools and wysiwyg interface were accessible on Android Chrome though.

I hold my phone vertical. My eyes get all twitchy after all day...

I wonder if this SIO plug the XM is getting will allow game loading like the a8 computers?

Imagine using your cellphone to do that over wifi instead? Won't be doing it with a XM though. You will be able to do it with a total different device. One with way more features than that too.

• Like 1

... well then, put me on the list ;-)

No list, no pre-orders, proof that it can be done at the moment. Which is something that Bob and RevEng will surely appreciate, even if I leave it in prototype stage. Some wicked stuff already built in.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/266480-new-atari-console-that-ataribox/page-585?do=findComment&comment=4180647

;)