IGNORED

sd cartridge for 7800?

metzger130

• 1 month later...

What extension do you use on the Mateos 16-in-1 cart for 148K Bentley Bear and Super Circus Atari Age with Pokey? Will *.S9 work or *.S9P ?

*.S9P

Note: "Some of your cards can already use [the format], but unfortunately others will require a two-step update..."

See above link. ;)

*.S9P

Note: "Some of your cards can already use [the format], but unfortunately others will require a two-step update..."

See above link. ;)

Okay. Got every pokey game loaded okay onto Mateos cart except BBCQ. DKXM which is also 144k also works. Had to dig the old laptop with XP on it out of storage. I loaded BBCQ in slot 0 with the switch at 144k and didn't load any game into slot 8 and I got something that looked like a cross-hatched abstract painting when set to 0 and a playable game when set to 8, but Bentley Bear was the number 12, literally, on the screen. I tried reloading in 0 and then 8 and then 1, where I had DKXM, but now got the cross-hatch pattern in both 0 and 9 or 1 and A. When I loaded DKXM in 0, it was fine. It there some trick to getting BBCQ to load on the Mateos? I suppose I don't absolutely need to, since I own the actual cart, but I wanted to have all 11 of the pokey cart roms on the mateos.

• 2 months later...

I suppose I don't absolutely need to, since I own the actual cart, but I wanted to have all 11 of the pokey cart roms on the mateos.

Just saw this. And from what I know, I actually was told by Juan to use slots 1 - 8 only when in 144k mode. And you can only have up to 8 total saved when in 144k mode. So you wouldn't be able to fit more than 8 games, even if those games don't take up the entire 144k slot the switch is still setting them up to use two slots for each game instead of 1 regardless.

So you can't really get 11 games with Pokey onto the Mateos if you plan to have Bentley as one of those games or DK PK.

Just saw this. And from what I know, I actually was told by Juan to use slots 1 - 8 only when in 144k mode. And you can only have up to 8 total saved when in 144k mode. So you wouldn't be able to fit more than 8 games, even if those games don't take up the entire 144k slot the switch is still setting them up to use two slots for each game instead of 1 regardless.

So you can't really get 11 games with Pokey onto the Mateos if you plan to have Bentley as one of those games or DK PK.

This post seems to incidate you can mix them and DK PK works with 11 games on it. However, the thread went a little sideways after this, so I never learned if there could be more to it. Sometime when I'm really bored maybe I'll wipe the whole Mateos cart and just add Bentley. Bentley was the first game I added and the first time I added it Bentley was the number 12, not on the cart, but graphically on the screen, but I don't remember if there was music or not. I've learned to live with what I can't rise above.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230751-sd-cartridge-for-7800/?p=3902617

So it just occurred to me to ask: Do you have one cart for games above 128k and one for below 128k, since you have Bentley on one?

No I just have the one Mateos cart always set in 144k mode. Bentley was in slot 1. Then I had a few other games as well. Some were 144k like DK XM PK which, I still also have and others were 128k or less. So yes I have both types, but I'm still limited to only having 8 slots available. If you try and copy something into one of the other slots that is shared by another it might work, but will likley corrupt whatever games was in the other slot it shares when in 144k mode. So I only use slots 1 - 8 period.