IGNORED

What to do with old computer magazines?

Ransom

I went through all the old computer magazines that I have with me currently last night and found that I have 45 issues of Compute! ranging from September 1982 to February 1987. I also have 11 issues of Compute!'s Gazette ranging from November 1983 to June 1986, but I only have the disks for 5 of them (all of which still work).

I also have 10 copies of inCider ranging from March 1983 to December 1985. I should have more somewhere since my dad subscribed to it for two years.

I assume all of my Amiga World and Computer Gaming World magazines from the late 80's/early 90's are still at my dad's house in a box somewhere. I'm pretty sure I never threw them out and everything I've stored there since 1998 has been largely untouched.

I assume all of my Amiga World and Computer Gaming World magazines from the late 80's/early 90's are still at my dad's house in a box somewhere. I'm pretty sure I never threw them out and everything I've stored there since 1998 has been largely untouched.

Oh man, Amiga world...

I bought a 1973 Volkswagen Bus way back in 2002. It was barely running, and was filled with all kinds of crap, everything from drug paraphernalia to spare VW parts, to whatever. But it also came with a stack of Amiga World magazines. Being the Atari guy that I was, I immediately doused them in holy water, and after doing the trinity on my forehead, I tossed them in the trash.

• Like 1

As a last resort you could put them to good use, after all it was once good enough for the Sears Catalog!

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind having a physical copy of the 1981 and 1982 Sears Wish Book. Despite my best judgement, I went to eBay to see how much people were trying to sell them for.

I just did a rough count of all my video gaming mags. They are all stacked up in my kitchen of all places (don't ask, before they were under my queen-sized bed). Doing the roughest of counts (I counted 10 mags and then say how many inches they took up, then added the rest), I came up with 420, but I think there are more. What do you think?

post-12488-0-45081000-1414994271_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zap!