IGNORED

Mega Speedy, the ultimate 1050 upgrade. Intrest assesment.

guus.assmann

20 hours ago, GALTRON said:

The prints I order from the factory are, in addition to 3D printing, sandblasted, smoothed and hardened, so they look like they came from an injection molding machine (original). It is not a cheap operation, but it is worth the price. It looks amazing as you can see in the photo. Indeed, when I received the finished print, the lower bevels did not fit slightly, but I solved this problem by manually adjusting it to the floppy drive and it fit every one I had, and there were about 20 of them. I can order more from the factory and fit and sell.

If anyone wants, I also attach an STL file so they can print it themselves. But I printed on one of the more expensive home 3D printers and there is nothing to compare it to. The one from the factory looks like the original, and the one made at home looks terrible and unsightly.

430809311_961628505603120_6417737711364725968_n.jpg

ATARI 1050 MegaSpeedy panel.stl 2.49 MB · 10 downloads

I've ordered 10 each of your MegaSpeedy and display PCB's which are due to arrive this Friday. Looks like I have a busy weekend ahead 🙂

I'm hoping you've ironed out a few of the issues I had in your design. Will let you know how I go.

I changed a few things in the Mega Speedy board and in the display. In the original version it didn't want to work. I also slightly changed the front panel, but I forgot about the lower bevels and they need to be slightly adjusted, but it takes literally 5 minutes of work.

1 hour ago, GALTRON said:

I changed a few things in the Mega Speedy board and in the display. In the original version it didn't want to work. I also slightly changed the front panel, but I forgot about the lower bevels and they need to be slightly adjusted, but it takes literally 5 minutes of work.

I got the boards made from the files you posted a week or so ago. Are they ok?

Two source files were:

Gerber_Mega-Speedy_Mega-Speedy_2024-03-31_Y2

Gerber_Mega-Speedy_display-bez_2024-04-05_Y1

Edited by macsonny

I had 3 types of Atari 1050 stations. The first ones had a different mechanism, but the front panel fits all 3 models. I checked on 3 different ones. The hole for the drive is in the same place, the lower frame differs in thickness by 1-2 mm. It doesn't make much difference.

On 4/25/2024 at 5:20 AM, GALTRON said:

I had 3 types of Atari 1050 stations. The first ones had a different mechanism, but the front panel fits all 3 models. I checked on 3 different ones. The hole for the drive is in the same place, the lower frame differs in thickness by 1-2 mm. It doesn't make much difference.

Which STL file are you using for the bezel?

• 2 weeks later...