IGNORED

Flashback Overlays: Intellivision Productions & Psycho Stormtrooper

JasonlikesINTV

YOU MADE ME DO IT, YOU MANIAC!

Apologies in advance. This is a quick 2 hour hack job based on an old experiment, so it has a bunch of untested, extra code that I'm not 100% sure won't affect the core gameplay. Hopefully it plays well enough for its purpose. Also, I HIGHLY recommend the Intellivoice for it (-v1 option in jzintv).

ERIC and KEITH used without license. Whoever gets to the highest rank first (with screenshot to prove it) gets copy #1 of the CIB release, free, when it comes out later this year.

I can't play without overlays. Let me contact Keith and I'll get back to you in...say...6 months. I should have them by then.

• Like 1

Post a Gif for the technologically impaired!

Ah yeah, right. I didn't want to spoil the "surprise" (actually it was just tricky to get the whip visible because of the really primitive graphics).

Hm. I may well be the only person on the planet to both write and release a "50 Shades" game during the movie's opening weekend. Now that's a rare - and pointless - accomplishment. In fact I'd say this is almost Custer's Revenge for the INTV - except there's no way to actually die. It's just monotonous, endless flogging. Kinda the point of the joke really.

post-39446-0-31046900-1424064864_thumb.gif

Edited by freeweed

And yes, unfortunately that means that some orders will be sent out of order, no matter how "fair" that seems. This is how every single business operates, believe it or not. It's especially noticeable with one-man or otherwise very small operations. They are not going to hold up hundreds of orders just to sort out a dozen fuck ups.

I would have been much happier if Keith had just admitted this when talking to Wolfy, but instead, he blatantly lied about it. That really rubbed me the wrong way.

I would have been much happier if Keith had just admitted this when talking to Wolfy, but instead, he blatantly lied about it. That really rubbed me the wrong way.

Not that I'm claiming he didn't say it, and I'm not saying you're wrong - but I think it's prudent to keep the pitchforks in the shed when it comes to unverified, off-the-cuff, 3rd hand comments. Seems more likely that Keith either didn't understand the question, didn't elaborate on the small fraction of lost orders, didn't realize the importance of being 100% perfectly accurate in his response to a casual conversation - or Wolfy may even have mis-quoted him.

I just didn't read "hand on a bible courtroom testimony" into Wolfy's post here. Maybe it's just me.

Edited by freeweed

Here's my timeline:

12/01 - Order placed. Immediate confirmation from both my credit card company and Intellivision Productions.

After 12/01 - Keith and all of his emails disappear off the face of the Earth.

02/15 - a game starring you is released. Note that I didn't specify who is the victim in the game, so feel free to use it to enact revenge fantasies! :thumbsup:

Edited by freeweed

Heh, fair enough, though my faux-quote of "STFU" was directed at something else (actively trying to discourage people who had negative experiences from posting). But like I said your levity seems sincere, so no rotten tomatoes are gettin' thrown here.

"Actively trying to discourage people..." Wow. You mean, like when I snap at someone directly for their obvious lack of perspective and proportion, say Eric7100, and you somehow imagine I was talking to you or in general?

When you repeatedly ignore someone's emails, phone calls, etc., it reads as disrespect, or even contempt. One of the most fundamental things in human interaction is acknowledging that the other person exists, right? So if you take someone's money and then treat them like a non-person, it's hardly a surprise that it pushes their buttons. Most people have had that experience in their daily lives, or something like it -- the other person disappears as soon as they get what they want -- and it usually means they've been used, cheated, or otherwise made a fool of.

Your comment there started as a fair complaint: you feel disrespected because Intellivision Productions has not responded to your queries. But then you just jump into the la-la-interwebz-land of "validate me!" "acknowledge me!"

If you feel cheated, there's a very good way to address that: cancel your order, have your credit card charges reversed (or start a fraud dispute, if you really feel that strongly. :roll: ) and never buy from Intellivision Productions again.

Simple. Done.

Coming here and flaming the fires and trying to get others to complain and follow your crusade (or joining in someone else's) to declare Intellivision Production an evil fraudster, thief, cheater, kitten destroyer, whatever; is just counterproductive. Especially when it will lead to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Keith is not here. We don't talk to him.

It's just complaining for the sake of being a little whiny bitch. And nobody likes a little whiny bitch, except maybe other little whiny bitches that join in the chorus. It's just hell from there. :o

Surely there's better things you can do. I keep posting this:

circle-of-influence-circle-of-concern.gi

It means that the set of things for which you have influence and control is always smaller than the set of things that may concern you. The trick to happiness and successful relationships is then to minimize the things that stand outside your circle of influence.

In other words: If you can't do anything, and you have no control over it, why worry or obsess about it? It will only burn a hole in your gut. By the same token: try to concentrate only on those things you can do to influence or control a given situation. In this case, perhaps it's just canceling your order.

I never said Mr. Robinson was a great businessman. I did say he was a nice guy and seemed sincere, but I never said his customer service was acceptable, or that there hasn't been any problems in this whole episode of Flashback and Overlays orders. I just find it absurd and irritating when a very vociferous few blow things out of proportion in an exceptional way. I also find it irritating when someone else responds by demanding that I accept and validate that they have been wronged--as if the entire world had to align in order for this situation to be corrected. Ugh. :roll:

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

Surely there's better things you can do. I keep posting this:

circle-of-influence-circle-of-concern.gi

It means that the set of things for which you have influence and control is always smaller than the set of things that may concern you. The trick to happiness and successful relationships is then to minimize the things that stand outside your circle of influence.

In other words: If you can't do anything, and you have no control over it, why worry or obsess about it? It will only burn a hole in your gut. By the same token: try to concentrate only on those things you can do to influence or control a given situation. Ugh. :roll:

-dZ.

Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for this......

I just received an interesting phone call from my credit card company. Two weeks ago, I had filed a dispute with them against Intellivision Productions. They issued me a temporary refund, with the promise that it would become a permanent refund if they were unable to contact Intellivision Productions regarding my order.

The customer service representative has informed me that they DID successfully make contact with Intellivision Productions, and in talking with them, they gave them an additional five business days to ship my order. I have been told to wait for the duration of the five days, and if my order still hasn't shipped, the temporary refund will then become permanent.

So I am playing the waiting game now. The ball is in Keith's court. Let's see what happens.

Why does Keith need to be in some random Internet forum? I rather he put his nose to the grindstone and get those overlays shipped, wouldn't you?

I agree. It would be an unproductive use of time. He knows he's late and people are upset. Why would he want to read all the abuse he is getting here?

This is not a random Internet forum. This is a forum containing a large part of his customer base. Being here = being available for your customers, which is what a good businessman should be.

That is not true. This just happens to be the one forum in which you participate, so perhaps your Intellivision world revolves around it. However, there is a wide world out there, you should go out more often. More to the point, his primary means of contact are direct phone and e-mail, at least according to his store web site, which I would imagine is authoritative.

Then there's Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, which they use to broadcast information to their customers and followers.

Nowhere do I see mentioned AtariAge as any place to interact with them. The fact that he did at some point shows some measure of good will extended towards our community, which is good; but I'm afraid all the threats and vitriolic posts here--deserved or not--may have scared him away.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay