IGNORED

Some new Rolands on eBay...

82-T/A

For anyone who's looking to buy one:

A vintage Roland LAPC on here (FULLY compatible with all MT-32 and LAPC games):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-LAPC-1-LA-Sound-Card-for-IBM-PC-MCB-1-in-GREAT-CONDITION-/221620542365

$_57.JPG

A Roland Rap-10 : 16-bit card, requires drivers. Not compatible with some of the DOS-only games. Mostly used for games released under the Windows 98 era.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Roland-RAP-10-AT-PC-Soundcard-3-5mm-Input-ISA-/331399909776

$_57.JPG

Based on the sold items the past two months, the LAPC card is right on spot on market value. The previous ones were sold for $420 and $450, this one listed at $450 as well. I suppose it mainly caters to dedicated sound card collectors.

Yeah, I totally agree. I probably should have posted it, but there's also a General Midi daughter board (Roland SCB-7) that's on there too for a couple hundred.

I have the daughter board just in a box (can't bring myself to part with it), but I do have the SCC-1, which in my opinion... for gamers, is probably the most sought after. I've had it for literally 2 decades now... but it does everything.

For those older DOS and early Windows games... there's just no contest with the Roland. General Midi really puts even the oldest / crappiest games into a whole other category.

Cool to see my name written that many times :D

Haha! Yeah, I actually wonder where the Roland corporation is from? Maybe it's European.

I see you're from Holland, my father's Dutch. Growing up, I used to visit Holland once every 2 years for a couple of weeks at a time. Awesome country.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 1