IGNORED

Taking another shot at getting my V2 Ultimate working...

Larry

After throwing in the towel with my original 800XL installation, I thought I'd have another go at it. My original V2 was re-flashed, and although the 1 Mb flash chip could not be re-flashed, I replaced it with the currently used model (ST, IIRC). My Ultimate worked in the original flash package, but I could not seem to get the OS re-flashed with the ones that I wanted -- only the original flash package seemed to work. I could re-flash it fine with the original file, but no other. (???!) So here we go again...

Looking at the docs at Lotharek's site, I see "make proper connection to cpu" (pins 39, 36, 40, 35) (Top to bottom on the P2 connector.)

What are the best connection points for the XE and XL (if different)? IIRC, Candle said that he would not suggest soldering these directly to the cpu. But presume that under the board would be OK? BTW, I have one of Dropcheck's MMU adapters for this.

Also, presume that my re-flashed V2 connects to the same points?

Assuming all goes well, I'll get FJC's latest Ultimate flasher and have another stab at putting in my choice of OS.

Thanks,

Larry

• Like 1

Mine is from Candle, and I thought it was V2 (not the 2.1 from Lotharek). At any rate, It definitely needs the adapter.

-Larry

AFAIK Candle only made V.1(he had enough V.1 circuit boards for both production runs) and Lotharek only makes V.2.

It's not hard to tell the difference, Candle's V.1 circuit board is dark colored while Lotharek's V.2 is white.