IGNORED

Best source for classic game prices?

Video

Well, earlier this month I started to unload some of my old games, put some prices out there and find out (after selling some stuff) that I was charging WAY to little.

Thing is, who would be the best place to do pricing on games? I typically go by either Ebay or Amazon, they seem pretty close together most of the time.

Someone asked for Conker for 64 and I offered it for $30 and they didn't want it, I'm glad they didn't after seeing what it was going for (cheap end on Ebay was $60, cheap end on amazon was $85)

I probably wouldn't sell stuff for that price exactly, but just knowing so you don't sell a hundred dollar game for $10 would be nice (probably $90 in that situation for me)

Anyhow, thanks for any info guys.

The price of what items have actually been selling for consistently on eBay (i.e., view the completed listings), minus 15 or 20 percent or so (to account for the fees that you would accrue by selling on eBay). That's about the only thing to go by these days if you really insist on using a price guide, everything else is too inconsistent. Amazon IMO is an unreliable source to gauge prices by.

Thanks. I figure most people have no clue, or if they use a phone, will be going the ebay route, so that's what I figured, an average of the few completed auctions.

LOL, I tried that video game price charting, and conkers bad fur day turned up no results (but then, that may be to new of a game for that site)

Thanks. I figure most people have no clue, or if they use a phone, will be going the ebay route, so that's what I figured, an average of the few completed auctions.

LOL, I tried that video game price charting, and conkers bad fur day turned up no results (but then, that may be to new of a game for that site)

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/nintendo-64/conker%27s-bad-fur-day

Conkers is on there. I believe it is listed as $82 loose. The way this site works is items listed as loose are how they are normally sold. ps1 games are normally sold complete so loose is actually more around complete prices. Rarer games need more research as sealed and stuff will throw values way off at times.

It might also help to factor in condition, shipping, and other factors that can widely vary between listings. Games sold as part of lots should be factored too. Then you have some listings going for much higher or lower than they should or could depending on time of year, how many other copies have been listed lately, and sold BIN prices skewing the sold listings.