IGNORED

Why We Are Here on AA

First Spear

Honestly I've been here so many years and I barely am even cognizant that there are different forums.. especially since the "View New Content" simply lists all new topics regardless of location.

It's just one big homogenous old console/computer mix. :P

post-31-0-07295600-1418163718_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

Although my username, avatar, custom status and signature are all about Intellivision, when I've came to AtariAge I didn't know anything about Intellivision! :-o

After years playing solo in my loved Atari emulator (stella), I searched for a place to play Atari 2600 and compare scores.

If the Intellivision section wasn't in such a nice place as AtariAge, maybe I never would try the system.

So this proud member of the Intellivision Brotherhood is here only because the best Intellivision forum is in the same place the best Atari forum is. :)

• Like 3

A few thoughts...

Al, put Steve in charge of the Inty database section

I too spend a fair amount of time in the other parts of AA as I do collect and play other systems as well

Al runs a great site here and I'm happy to keep supporting his efforts

Bacon, Shatner, Bea, Rev's Hello

Kitty obsession, so many new homebrews, including from programmers that started in other forums that have migrated to programming on the Inty as well, and the fact that Rev and I started our love affair here is reason enough for me to always stay here.

• Like 3

I came here because I am a A8 fan, found the Intellivision forums and love the fact they are in the same place.

I keep the following IE tabs open all day at work

1. Plex for music from my server

2. Intellivision Forums

3. Atari 8-bit forums

4. ebay search for Intellivision

5. eBay Search for Atari 8-bit

6. Email

and then anything work related after those

Edited by SoulBuster
  • Like 1

Wow. Took the words right out of my mouth.

You hard-core Intellivision people might be surprised at how many people come to this domain initially looking for Atari stuff and end up reading your Intellivision posts.

Many of the people here find most of all of the retro platforms to be fascinating.

That's a very good point that is so obvious to me that I never thought about pointing it out. I've been into "all" consoles for longer than the web existed. AA was one of the first thorough sources of Atari info, so I used it for years when tracking 2600 stuff.

And like a few others have mentioned - I've always collected for any system I can find, but INTV was a bit of a secondary thing for me at first. I just never saw much of it in the wild and to be honest I wasn't raised on it like many of you were (heresy, I know!). So it was more of a curiosity than anything else. But the community here is so tight, so friendly, that I took an interest. And after attempting homebrew development on a variety of platforms, it turns out that for me, and the way I think, the INTV is probably the easiest console to program for. And it's not flooded with homebrew (yet). So it's been a logical choice to flex mental muscles that I haven't used in eons.

Boy, do I have a problem.

I see that last picture and my first thought is to see if there is an Intellivision there somewhere.

And after my disappointment if not finding one, I check out the girl :)

That's either funny or strange as I did the same!

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 2

Honestly I've been here so many years and I barely am even cognizant that there are different forums.. especially since the "View New Content" simply lists all new topics regardless of location.

It's just one big homogenous old console/computer mix. :P

attachicon.gifAA.jpg

You know what would be awesome, is to be able to select which forums that you want to appear in "View New Content"..