IGNORED

Mr. Turtle

digress

Depends... Did you like the 3d War cart?

There will be a traditional 1 piece colour label for sure. And I may attempt a 3d label as well but it takes a lot more time to produce.

My opinion, while I'm glad I have the 3D War cart, I don't think I'd get another 3D printed cart. It doesn't go in as easily into the cartridge port and I'm concerned about tiny bits getting shaved off into the slot. So, for me anyway, I'll be getting Mr. Turtle with a regular label. (and don't get me wrong, the 3D cartridge concept is wonderful, but I think I'd prefer it only as an impractical solid mold)

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1

Which is what I had in mind originally. But I abandoned it. I may give that another try for this one. At worst I could fail miserably again as in this photo of my other attempt. I should auction this one off as a true one of a kind.

Colecovision War Custom Prototype Plastic Cartridge

My opinion, while I'm glad I have the 3D War cart, I don't think I'd get another 3D printed cart. It doesn't go in as easily into the cartridge port and I'm concerned about tiny bits getting shaved off into the slot. So, for me anyway, I'll be getting Mr. Turtle with a regular label. (and don't get me wrong, the 3D cartridge concept is wonderful, but I think I'd prefer it only as an impractical solid mold)

• 2 weeks later...

A complete run of the new introduction easy level. Should make the game more accessible to everyone and the Much Harder level if you want a challenge

- much less enemies and simpler rooms in some instances and a much shorter level.

- I used some more tricks to add some space so I might have just enough room for a medium level as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjhj1fXCuMI

• Like 4

Monkeys, devils & clams all might have a pearl. But not every monkey or devil has one.

Very nice. :)

So you can earn "PEARL" letters by knocking clams and the little black devils, or are there other ways to reveals letters?

Sad thing is at the end of every adventure he needs to take a nap again and never gets around to it. he needs to hire a contractor while he's out.

LOL! His main motivation should be to put locks on his doors and windows! :P

Well, he's gotta get his pearls back, first. :D Then he can worry about locking his doors and windows, so they aren't stolen, again! lol

Sad thing is at the end of every adventure he needs to take a nap again and never gets around to it. he needs to hire a contractor while he's out.

But then he'll need to pay the contractor with his pearls. It's a no-win situation for our poor Mr Turtle. :D

• 1 month later...

I think I'm done.

This should be the final. Other than a little music glitch which I'll fix
-new medium level added
-new behaviours for goats (Only on medium & hard levels)
-new behaviours for devils (Only on medium & hard levels)
-reworked the music extensively which builds from simple to more complex as you collect pearls
-added a secret cheat mode
  • Like 6

I think I'm done.

This should be the final. Other than a little music glitch which I'll fix
-new medium level added
-new behaviours for goats (Only on medium & hard levels)
-new behaviours for devils (Only on medium & hard levels)
-reworked the music extensively which builds from simple to more complex as you collect pearls
-added a secret cheat mode

Looks great, I do think the Skill select screen looks funny. You have the Mr Turtle logo, I don't think you need to repeat Mr Turtle in the 1-Easy 2-Medium part.

Didn't you have more creative way of referring to the levels in an earlier version?

or some thing like

1-Lazy Sunday Stroll-Easy

2-Wild Wednesday Walking-Medium

3-Finally Friday Fun -Hard

Sure. That's a good idea. I'll update that. 2 is different becuase level 1 & 3 you go left to right. level 2 you go mostly right to left. So I'll reference that some how.

1 - Fun

2 - Somethin Different

3 - You gonna DIE DIE DIE alot then beg for the cheat code

Looks great, I do think the Skill select screen looks funny. You have the Mr Turtle logo, I don't think you need to repeat Mr Turtle in the 1-Easy 2-Medium part.

Didn't you have more creative way of referring to the levels in an earlier version?

or some thing like

1-Lazy Sunday Stroll-Easy

2-Wild Wednesday Walking-Medium

3-Finally Friday Fun -Hard

Sure. That's a good idea. I'll update that. 2 is different becuase level 1 & 3 you go left to right. level 2 you go mostly right to left. So I'll reference that some how.

1 - Fun

2 - Somethin Different

3 - You gonna DIE DIE DIE alot then beg for the cheat code

Cool, hopefully it isn't...

3 - You gonna DIE DIE DIE alot then beg for the cheat code after you pick up the pieces of your controller that you smashed in frustration...;-)

This reminds me a distinct memory of my friend play megamania and throwing the atari joystick across the room, hitting a wall and I remember him kicking it then or throwing it down the stairs. Man those sticks could take a beating cuz it still worked fine.

Cool, hopefully it isn't...
3 - You gonna DIE DIE DIE alot then beg for the cheat code after you pick up the pieces of your controller that you smashed in frustration... ;-)

Well. I rather like smurf and if the gameplay could be as good as smurf then I will be happy. Can't believe I got 96 screens (Though many repeats) into 32Kb.

This whole project from conception to implementation has been awesome to watch! This would have definitely outsold Smurf Rescue. Coleco would be proud! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the first 2 actual cartridges. Tested earlier

- Here is the printed box - I had the box printed offset printing

- with an insert inside to keep the game from moving around

- A Manual

- 2 Options of different Labels designs

I'll sell some copies if anyone is interested starting next week. I'll start a new thread though for that. Busy for the next couple of days with some freelance projects or I'd have set it up today.

Will be $50 + $12 shipping USD. Sorry canadian dollar is rather weak right now.

Mr. Turtle Box, Manual & 2 cart labels

Mr. Turtle Box, Manual & 2 cart labels 002

Mr. Turtle Box, Manual & 2 cart labels 003

Mr. Turtle Box, Manual & 2 cart labels 004

• Like 9