IGNORED

Finally i have the proof behind those Jaguar CD screenshots.....

Lost Dragon

Some of those comments are a little surprising, but I think I get the context in which they are written. Perhaps he is referring to their software libraries as a whole. Each of those systems are competitively and universally capable of underwhelming and disappointing. :lol:

I agree with SD32's perspective in his response though and I would have responded in the same way (re: those consoles being considered technical equivalents.).

I've had a CD32 (unfortunately) and I can honestly say, it's not on a technical par with the Jaguar or 3DO. I can only assume(?) the CDi falls into similar territory:

PCE, SNES, MD

Mega CD, CD32, CDi

Jag, 3DO, 32-X

PS1, SAT, N64

etc

Pretty much how I would (roughly) categorise them collectively, from a technically capable standpoint, personally.

• Like 1

@Agent X, i think i know what FMV Ken Love refers to might be:

Mike Fulton told me a good few months back he converted some 'generic' FMV from Creature Shock into a video format the Jaguar CD could read, just done to basically test the data transfer rate etc, which would make sense as Jez San, when building up preview hype for Creature shock, said game was designed to be easily transferable to any CD-Based console, able to handle the video transfer rates etc.

Just speculation going on what i've read and been told, but it'd suggest that inital steps were taken to check the project would of been feasable, had a contract been signed, but as Darryl Still told me, Atari UK wanted the game, but could'nt afford to have a team code it, internally, they approached Jez San to do it, but he was 'difficult to pin down', which ties up with his comments in that Edge interview, that Jaguar was commercially too risky to invest in, so they never did ANY Jaguar games.

I think this is why (thanks again to sh3-rg) me now having a Blog will work well, i tend to speak to multiple sources, and dig out old interviews, so as new quotes from sources come to light, another piece of the puzzle can be slotted in there.Tomb Raider being a prime example, originally all i had was the interview with Core, talking of game's concept and testing back on MCD era, plus technical speculation from Mike, then i had Richards interview, another piece of the puzzle, proof at least the screens bandied around were not real.

It is frustrating that i've gotten so close, yet so far..another Core Coder, yet he only worked on PS1 version, his impression being that to Core Jaguar was DOA (which again does give a degree of volume to idea that Core would of outsourced Soulstar..) and i have the personal email of THE person who could clear up everything, Jeremy Smith, but he's not replying, even though i've been vouched for by his buisness partner.Grrr!

Regarding the 'fuss' around Creature shock, just little in-joke there, i just chuckled that as soon as i, a nobody, a man not even (well was'nt) owning a PC, could approach and get info from likes of Darryl Still, Mike Fulton+ Alexander Holland etc and as soon as my info was up, copied and pasted direct from my email, the Jez san scan posted up scanned straight from Edge etc...i was being told Darryl never said..his memory was hazy...Mike would'nt of known...game suddenly was'nt all that (i never claimed it was, lol) and as for the Edge interview? well everyone knew about that..Really? odd it wa'nt mentioned at time status of game was posted then, lol.

Now it seems Richard's comments in his interview are getting similar treatment, lol....

I love it.

Rather than come here and say BEHOLD..i am thy resident Lost Games expert!, i'm more of a:

Ohhh, look i found THIS (case in point PS1 AVP or Edge interview with I.D) thought i'd share..

And by the way 'i spoke to'....about.... and they said....

The PS1 Quake interview another example of what i try and do, not my own interview, let alone my blog, but having 'stumbled' across the info, thought i'd share, as know a lot of us are into 'Lost Games' and at least now, if nothing else we know what might of been.

There's a lot more updates on various games on Non-Atari formats i'd love to share, only thing is, the questions that got the answers in many cases were extras on the main interviews i did for ST Gamer Vol 2.I think Grey's planning to use the full, 'uncut' interviews as bonus material or something, just have the ST related Q+A stuff in the mag, but it's been a while since i sent them, so i'm not 100% sure.

Latest interview has thrown up a Lost Wii game, not retro, but it'll be another entry for likes of Unseen64/GTW etc.

Bit of a tangent, but the issue of 'big name' games being done out of house/company's attitudes towards hardware reminds me a lot of the PS3/360 era.As owner of both, i saw E.A team of coders do The Orange Box as Valve back in the early PS3 days, were not, it's fair to say, a huge fan of the PS3 hardware, yet skip forward to release of portal, Gabe gushing with praise for the platform.

Rockstar's games like GTA4 and R.D.R, seemed to run better on 360, until GTA 5...it just took time for attitudes to change.
With Core and Jaguar, as well as coders impressions whilst at company, it seems odd Susie would tell C+VG about Cores Next Gen plans for 32X, Saturn, PS1 and PC CD, but NOT mention Jaguar, IF Core themselves were handling projects in house.
The Sawgman team spoke about game starting out as a MD level editor running on Amiga, before switching to running on PC for Saturn/PS1.
Jaguar never seems to come up in discussions......

Just had a look at that thread Agent X mentioned, this caught my eye:

'Funny thing was.. I remember when Bill Rehbock and Norman Kowelski came by and gave us the platform dev pitch, they had wanted to get Aladdin. Kinda' like 3D0 and their "new" Bulldog platform. That wasn't going to happen either. :-)'

I remember Gamesmaster Magazines early preview of the Jaguar, in a box out of who was doing what for the platform, they claimed Virgin were doing Aladdin, lol.

From what's been uncovered, the phrase Atari Wanted...so often crops up, be it Creature shock, Waterworld, Heart Of Darkness, Aladdin etc, yet much like me and that bike i wanted for Xmas, wanting and getting are 2 very different things.

Re:Creature shock FMV conversion, seems Demolition Man got as far as well then? just 3DO FMV converted to Jaguar video files?

Stuart Gregg -Demolition Man (Final Game Design) was asked if he knew anything re:Jaguar version:

Shadowrunner

There was supposed to be an Atari Jaguar CD release of Demolition Man and there's even a really early beta floating around. Do you know how far along it was, and if there would have been differences between it and the 3DO version?

Stuart

The first time I have heard of it...

Seems you have to be lucky enough to speak to the right people at the right time, case in point for myself during the ST Gamer Vol 1 days, was Bill Rehbock-contact made, Bill wanted to do SKYPE interview, i work shifts, could'nt do it when he was free so sent over questions, followed by chase emails, not a god damn thing back.

Pity as i asked him about a lot of Lost Atari games.Again there even had Darryl still vouch for me, ie this guys not a spammer (just like i was vouched for, to Jeremy Smith) but still got nothing back.

You can only try so much, if they are'nt avaiable/simply don't want to chat, that's as far as you can go.

To clarify my earlier comments about grouping the systems that I did, it was more about time of release (roughly between SNES and Saturn) and general capabilities (excelling in one or more areas and performing poorly in one or more areas in relation to the other systems). To specifically clarify the CD-i, I was in no way implying that it was equivalent in most cases to systems like the Jaguar or 32X, only that it was roughly in the same class of system with the DV-i cartridge (built-in on several models, optional on the earliest models), which gave it best-in-class digital video capabilities (not really roughly matched until the PS1) and extra memory to work with. It was obviously limited as a general game playing machine, but certainly pushed a lot of colors and could incorporate looping video in its backgrounds, etc., though it clearly did best with FMV-heavy games. As for the CD32, that suffered from straight Amiga 1200 (or earlier) ports for the most part (which that, combined with its compatibility with most CDTV titles, gave it a much larger library than you'd assume with the install base; it's kind of equivalent to how some people wanted quick and dirty ST ports to the Jaguar to expand its available library), but that too had a bit more power in the hardware than was realized. There's no question that was still in the same general class as the other systems.

Jeremy Heath smith has of course gone on record to say he still has/had the original sales projections (units they'd need to shift of the game and on which formats) in order to MAKE MONEY back on it:

15,000 copies on Saturn, another 15,000 on PS1 and 5,000 on PC.

So in Jeremy's own words they were looking for 35,000 units to be sold to re-coup investment in the project, so again, it begs the question, would Core really be designing or coding Tomb Raider for an add-on, for a console that to them, was commercially DOA?.

I personally just cannot see it.I already mentioned in my 'blog' Heaths comments on developing for the 32X 'We did'nt know what to do when we got lumbered with that bloody thing' so personally i just cannot see them coding Tomb Raider for Jag CD or developing Jag CD Soul star in-house.

Happy to be proven wrong on BOTH counts :-) but based on what i'm reading here, evidence suggests Core were too cash strapped to take any more risks and ended up being forced to sell to Centregold.

Just had a look at that thread Agent X mentioned, this caught my eye:

'Funny thing was.. I remember when Bill Rehbock and Norman Kowelski came by and gave us the platform dev pitch, they had wanted to get Aladdin. Kinda' like 3D0 and their "new" Bulldog platform. That wasn't going to happen either. :-)'

I remember Gamesmaster Magazines early preview of the Jaguar, in a box out of who was doing what for the platform, they claimed Virgin were doing Aladdin, lol.

From what's been uncovered, the phrase Atari Wanted...so often crops up, be it Creature shock, Waterworld, Heart Of Darkness, Aladdin etc, yet much like me and that bike i wanted for Xmas, wanting and getting are 2 very different things.

Yeah, I noticed that tidbit in the thread, too. That was the first I had heard of any connection between Aladdin and the Jaguar.

It's very interesting, because at that time Aladdin was one of the best games Virgin had out on the market, for any system. If Aladdin had come out early in the Jaguar's life, it could have been a very worthwhile addition to the library.

I don't think it would have been perceived as any sort of tent peg or "system seller" title, since it was already out on Genesis at the time. There's also the possibility that it might have suffered from critics saying, "16-bit port! 16-bit port!" as they had done with several other games at the time.

Despite this, newly released "next-generation" systems always have at least a few "last-gen" ports to supplement the library (it goes without saying that you also need a healthy supply of new and original games). If you're going to bring over 16-bit games, you might as well go for the "best of the best".

That's why it's cool to hear Atari pursued the possibility of Aladdin on Jaguar (guess some people at Atari had a keen eye for quality after all), but a shame that they were unable to strike the deal. I'd have easily traded away Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Creature Shock, and Demolition Man for a quality port of Aladdin. (I'll happily keep Cannon Fodder, though--that was a great game, and most of the other console versions never came out in the US anyway.)

Jeremy Heath smith has of course gone on record to say he still has/had the original sales projections (units they'd need to shift of the game and on which formats) in order to MAKE MONEY back on it:

15,000 copies on Saturn, another 15,000 on PS1 and 5,000 on PC.

So in Jeremy's own words they were looking for 35,000 units to be sold to re-coup investment in the project, so again, it begs the question, would Core really be designing or coding Tomb Raider for an add-on, for a console that to them, was commercially DOA?.

35,000 seems awfully low. Are you sure there isn't another zero missing there?

I realize it isn't like today where triple-A titles need to sell a million copies to break even, but Tomb Raider was incredibly ambitious (and risky, being a new and unproven game) for the day. If it was only 5,000 to 15,000 units per platform (spanning three platforms), then I would think a similar number actually could have been in striking distance for the Jaguar, assuming everything had panned out.

I don't want to dredge up the whole "is a port of Tomb Raider possible" or whether it had been actually started, or whether Jaguar CD was a commercially viable platform. We've gone over all of that multiple times. Just for a moment, let's suspend our disbelief and play along. For this example, we'll assume that Atari was making better strategic and developmental decisions, and had the capability to strike up better deals with A-tier developers and publishers. We'll also assume that a halfway decent version of Tomb Raider could have been technically made...maybe not quite as good as PS1 or even Saturn, but at least reasonably close.

I don't know how many Jaguar CD units were actually sold, but let's suppose it's in the 20,000 to 25,000 range. (Again, play along with me on this one.) A lot of us Atari aficionados appreciate that the Jaguar CD had some good stuff like Battlemorph, Iron Soldier 2, and even Primal Rage...but they didn't have that one title that would've really pushed the peripheral to the masses. If the Jaguar CD had a quality port of Tomb Raider around the same time as PS1 and Saturn, isn't it possible that 20% of the user base would've bought it? Some games (even today) enjoy a 50% tie ratio to hardware. On top of that, Tomb Raider could've moved additional hardware, since the combo of Jaguar and Jaguar CD was cheaper than either PS1 or Saturn. It would've been the cheapest way for someone just jumping into "next-gen" to play the game. With the positive snowball effect of quality software leading to hardware sales, in turn leading back to more software sales, it could've reached mid to high five-digit figures on just Jaguar alone.

Snapping back to reality, why did Tomb Raider not happen? I don't think it was purely because those numbers were completely unreachable. I think it was more likely due to the culmination of many of the other existing problems already discussed in this thread--small user base, too much technical difficulty in developing such a game, and Atari's tenuous relationships with developers. If Core Design wasn't going to do it themselves, then either Eidos or Atari would've had to pick some outside developer to take on the job.

Let's change the scenario for a moment, and assume the game in question was something more widely accepted as being within Jaguar's technical capabilities. If the Jaguar CD could've had top-shelf 2D games like Street Fighter Alpha and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, released day and date alongside the PS1/Saturn versions, do you think those numbers would've been totally out of reach? I don't think so.

I just can't play along with that hypothetical. There are too many stretches, including the Jaguar hosting a recognizable Tomb Raider. Even though Tomb Raider was literally the Saturn's best selling game, it was considered all but ignored in comparison to the PS1, which was the only home outside of the PC to the sequels for the longest time (and understandably so). Tomb Raider selling even 25,000 units on a Jaguar/CD combo would have been a lot (and that's assuming that Tomb Raider on Jaguar CD actually moved lots and lots of units), and that wouldn't be a patch to what it sold on the Saturn.

Even having killer games on the Jaguar CD, it was already far too late, and not even within the realm of possibility of taking steam away from Saturn or PS1. Atari would have needed killer games within the first year. That's a hypothetical I think could be reasonably entertained. However, as discussed, everything from financials to available talent, there really was no scenario where the Jaguar could have worked, even as a runaway success. We only need to look at what happened with the Dreamcast to see that. That console was a raging success in the first year, yet Sega didn't have the financial resources to continue on for very long. It just wouldn't have worked out for Atari, period.

while Darxide struggles to maintain 30, with plenty of dips there too.

I think Darxide even struggles to maintain 15. It's pretty bad overall in that regard. People tout it as a showcase title for the 32X, but I feel it's far from it. It can be compared to Hover Strike on the Jaguar-- it looks nice, but it runs like ass. Simply looking nice hardly makes it good or even recommendable though.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

I think Darxide even struggles to maintain 15. It's pretty bad overall in that regard. People tout it as a showcase title for the 32X, but I feel it's far from it. It can be compared to Hover Strike on the Jaguar-- it looks nice, but it runs like ass. Simply looking nice hardly makes it good or even recommendable though.

Indeed, I find VF, Stellar Assault or Metal Head much more impressive. Frontier wasn't an experienced console developer back then, they obviously could not bit off more than they could chew.

@Agent X, i'm only going on figures given in RG article on Tomb Raider and without wishing to any dredging myself, they've had some, cough, issues with cough, figures before, even after they were given a figure, lets say between 2 and 2.5 Million, it appeared in article cas 3 Million, but there's no 'Lynx' there :-) (less than subtle clue).

The rest of the quote from Jeremy had him saying '...the 1st order eventually came in and it was for 300,000 copies and i was like oh my god! this is going to be slightly bigger than we thought'.

Reading Jeremy's comments on being lumbered with the bloody thing (32X) i (personally) doubt he'd of been looking to invest resources in developing a game for another console add-on, as whilst article says he once claimed sales of around 150,000 for Thunderhawk on MCD, you get the idea add-on's were seen as a 'blind alley' in terms of development and Core's finances being what they were, they, like Argonaught, were unlikey to take the gamble.

Also looking at Core's realationship with Sega (quotes from interview i did with Richard):

'You’re right in that we were the poster boys for Sega’s Mega CD

format. Thunderhawk was by far the best selling product on Mega CD.

We also had brilliant relationships with the key personnel at Sega in

London and Tokyo'

We were all earning very good money, working with a bunch of people that we liked

and we getting big, fat cheques from Sega every month. What’s not to

like?!'

So even if Atari had played things differently they'd of still had to 'convince' Core to move resources away from Sega development.

Also technically speaking, Core were'nt afraid to experiment with new hardware, Jason Gee and Mark Avory talked of 1st using polygon buildings in MCD Thunderhawk, but used sprites instead as sprites faster, prettier and more impressive, so had T.R been started on Jaguar CD, they might well have gone a different route in places, compared to PS1/Saturn versions.

I just can't play along with that hypothetical. There are too many stretches, including the Jaguar hosting a recognizable Tomb Raider. Even though Tomb Raider was literally the Saturn's best selling game, it was considered all but ignored in comparison to the PS1, which was the only home outside of the PC to the sequels for the longest time (and understandably so). Tomb Raider selling even 25,000 units on a Jaguar/CD combo would have been a lot (and that's assuming that Tomb Raider on Jaguar CD actually moved lots and lots of units), and that wouldn't be a patch to what it sold on the Saturn.

Yeah, I agree with this, and my hypothetical situation did have too many stretches. What I was trying to say (in a very roundabout way) was that 5,000 to 10,000 units sold on Jaguar for a moderately successful game (assuming 35,000 units was the goal across three platforms) wasn't out of the realm of possibility. All of the Jag's other problems (both technical and business-wise), though, added up to make the possibility of Tomb Raider on Jaguar an unlikely scenario.
On top of that, Lost Dragon made a good point that Core Design had a very tight relationship with Sega at that point in time. Even when PlayStation started pulling ahead as the early front-runner, Core still treated the Saturn with high regard. They didn't shift their favor over to PlayStation until after Tomb Raider became a breakout hit and the sales figures started rolling in.
With that in mind, it's easy to see why it would've been tough for Atari to get games from Core Design. At best, they'd have to license individual games and farm the conversions out to external developers, while handling publishing themselves. I assume this is what happened with SoulStar, since numerous people from Core deny having anything to do with the Jag.
Going back to the earlier part of my message, I wonder why Atari didn't fight harder to get a version of Aladdin on the system? Ken Love said "that wasn't going to happen", but why not? After all, Virgin's game appeared on the Amiga (in Europe) and Game Boy. I can only guess one or more of the following possible factors stood in the way:
1. The Disney license might have been too expensive.
2. Virgin's contract for the game might have only specified certain platforms. Conversions to other platforms that weren't agreed upon earlier would have required new negotiations.
2. Sega might have had exclusive home video game console rights to that rendition of the game (especially considering they co-published the Genesis game). Notice that the SNES version (by Capcom) and even Sega's own Game Gear version were completely different designs. (Amiga was a computer, and sometimes handhelds such as Game Boy were excluded from deals covering "home" video game consoles.)
Now that I'm aware that Atari made some sort of effort to persuade Virgin to bring Aladdin to the Jaguar, I'm curious to find out the real reason why the Jaguar was off the table.
  • Like 1

@AgentX...I've 'spoken' to more people from Core Design over the past 2 years than any other software house, plus found interviews with those i've not been able to contact, slowly building up picture of their then Next Gen plans, but so few i've personally 'spoken to' seemed to have anything to do with either the 32X or Jaguar.People either left company before this era, arrived to start on PS1/Saturn titles or simply were'nt tasked to work on either platform.Stuarts earlier email that there was probally just 1 person 'tinkering away' on the Jaguar spoke volumes as Core spoke to Edge about MCD Thunderhawk team consisting of 1 programmer (Mark Avory) and 1 graphics artist (Jason Gee) and i assume Martin Iveson was the musician? as he's in same interview, along with Richard Barclay (down as Marketing Chief-so as Richard said to me, IF Jeremy HAD planned Tomb Raider for the Jaguar CD, he'd of had Richard shouting about it from the rooftops).

(Cont) Now, given that Richard was firmly in the loop (knew those Tomb Raider screens were'nt 'real' and told the press that) , i'm pretty bloody sure he'd of known of a planned Jaguar CD (and/or 3DO) version, if there was ever such a thing.In the interview with Edge, Dec'93 Mark Avory is asked which platform he's waiting for with baited breath and why?, his answer:The 32 Bit sega, because he'd seen the spec, nothing else could touch it, it'd beat the 3DO, destroy the CD32-so again, NO mention of the Jaguar.Mark then talks about wanting to do proper games on it, Edge interviewer said Core's association with Sega would of course help with that and asks if they've their 1st 2 or new titles planned for the new (Sega machine) answer is: Core Team:(Conspicous silence).

No matter where i look, i can never find any Core Design coders talking about the Jaguar, niether did Susie (also PR for Core Design) to C+VG's Tekno section.

An aside about being "lumbered" with a 32X devkit: the devkit hardware was crap. The docs are so full of things devs need to work around it's not surprising that many devs thought twice about working on it. Seriously, one interrupt bug in the IO chip was so bad they used the free-run timer to periodically "bump" the interrupt system. Nearly all these bugs were fixed in the consumer units, which is actually fairly easy to develop on. I do all kinds of stuff on the consumer unit that devs were warned against. Makes me wonder if SEGA had planned to update the devkits at some point, or if developers would have switched to developing on consumer units rather than dev units.

My guess why Virgin thought the Jaguar version of Aladdin was 'off the table' as it were goes back to this quote from Virgin at the time:

Steve Clarke New Media Manager (Virgin)

'Marketing always wins out in the end and you've got to question Atari's ability to compete.Virgin is a global company and it's got to look at global penetration.At the moment, who's heard of Atari in the states?'.

This was Feb'94.

And found a quote from Jeremy Heath-Smith (Core MD) from same time regarding the Jaguar:

'The Jaguar's far better than anything else on the market and better than anything i've seen in development.But there's a tendancy for Atari to be the innovators who never see the rewards for their work/Other people seem to take their ideas and market them more professionally'

So again it seems to boil down to lack of confidence in Atari's abilty to market the Jaguar, that 'killed' possible deals/game development stone cold.

@Chillywilly, i'd simply love to hear back from Jeremy, so i can get his quotes in 'context' as i'm not sure if by being lumbered with the 32X he meant in terms of 'having' to develop software for it (Susie, Core's PR talked of Thunderhawk 2 coming out on 32X as well as the other titles) or the development kits or both issues combined.

@AgentX, Geoff Heath, Mindscape European director was another to question Atari's ability to matrket Jaguar properly, as was Konami's European Consumer Manager, Pete Stone 'it's not about technology, it's about marketing...it's clear that Atari have'nt got the finance or world wide muscle to compete'

Gary Bracey (Ocean) '..it has to be said that we probably need a bit of convincing in terms of it's (Jaguars) financial viability.'

With reactions like that, Atari must have had mountains to climb, just to get the publisher support it did.

"nd viewpoint from within Virgin:

Software Manager, Ian Mathias, believed problem with Jaguar was'nt the technology, but the company behind it:

'If it had a Sega or Nintendo badge, nobody would be in any doubt that it's an amazing machine.But......'

Basically for UK software houses who heard Atari promise a lot with the ST...then release the STE to little fanfare (and far too late), hype up, then can the Panther console, have a very limp launch of the Falcon and seeing Atari in a very perilous financial position, who'd really want to annouce firm commitments to the Jaguar?.It was as Jez San said, simply too risky, a sentiment seemingly echoed by many within the industry.

Edge said of the Jaguar that it was a mightly impressive piece of kit, that IF pitched again'st the current systems on offer (MD/SNES) deserved to clean up, but 'we' should'nt forget the PS1, Saturn and Nintendo's SGI system..competition was about to get a whole lot tougher.

(Cont) i mean look at the landscape in early'94.Jaguar, 3DO, 32X etc, added to the SNES/MD/MCD/Amiga/CD32 and CD-i in terms of platforms needing software and then you've Sega wanting Saturn support, Sony woo-ing UK software houses behind closed doors with the Playstation hardware and getting NDA's signed up left, right and centre, Nintendo i'm sure in early talks regarding plans gor Ultra 64/Project Reality.

3DO Company was singing of having what? 300 companies signed up (world wide) for a 3DO Licensce, Atari meanwhile said they had 30 firms inc Anco, Krisalis, Maxis, Ocean and US Gold.

In reality they were getting the crumbs from the table and no matter how much swagger the hardware might of had, publishers simply were'nt convinced Atari could market it anywhere near the levels it'd need to compete.

@AgentX...I've 'spoken' to more people from Core Design over the past 2 years than any other software house, plus found interviews with those i've not been able to contact, slowly building up picture of their then Next Gen plans, but so few i've personally 'spoken to' seemed to have anything to do with either the 32X or Jaguar.People either left company before this era, arrived to start on PS1/Saturn titles or simply were'nt tasked to work on either platform.Stuarts earlier email that there was probally just 1 person 'tinkering away' on the Jaguar spoke volumes as Core spoke to Edge about MCD Thunderhawk team consisting of 1 programmer (Mark Avory) and 1 graphics artist (Jason Gee) and i assume Martin Iveson was the musician? as he's in same interview, along with Richard Barclay (down as Marketing Chief-so as Richard said to me, IF Jeremy HAD planned Tomb Raider for the Jaguar CD, he'd of had Richard shouting about it from the rooftops).

Well while all the ex-core guys/girls are over there quackin they never knew nothin' about nothin' on the Jaguar and nothin' was ever planned, meanwhile someone over there had done this back then: