IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I received a Christmas chimes 8 track in my secret Santa package this year so I thought I should find a player. I found this clean bad boy (oxymoron?) locally for a pretty good price in my opinion. It works but for whatever reason only at low volume. Turning it up massively increases the bass and overpowers everything. 

But hey it works at a low volume and it's gorgeous, inside and out. 

PXL_20240318_011023178.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

That's awesome.  You can probably replace the capacitors in there and the audio would work properly again.

Absolutely! I also read that it might be an interference loop because the unit has a record option as well. I didn't get a chance to try to unstick the record button yet, but also found it can be disabled altogether. I will have this up and running to listen to Christmas chimes by this Christmas for sure.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, 4300 said:

PXL_20240322_151146028.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20240322_180810326.MP~2.jpg

(Unless I miss my guess)

Is that Knight Rider and M.A.S.K.?   Awesome!  I didn't even know those existed!

Edited by GoldLeader
Knight Rider is no surprise, but MASK? COOL!

Getting pretty darned close-

Rampage/Double Dragon came today, both are in gorgeous condition, I got pretty lucky!

3a.thumb.jpeg.c68a93870356ed4e80648afcc01147f6.jpeg

Obviously not all purchased today, but this is how close I am, haha, patches and CIB's!

1a.thumb.jpeg.36f4663f1f26994cd755fb78b6316358.jpeg

Private Eye and Space Shuttle patches are repros, BTW, rest is real deal.

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, TrekMD said:

That's a great version of Kaboom! 

I had this little thing arrive today...

(Atari 400 Mini)

There is an Atari 400 Mini subforum in the 8-bits section.  You may find it useful if you have not already stumbled onto it.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.5bbc5f917daf3b74f09084ef8bda9add.jpeg

Got this shrink-wrapped copy of Desert Bus from ebay. The seller was the programmer of the atari 2600 version ,and as a bonus, he  also sent a prototype copy in case I wanted to spend eight hours "playing" the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, dwh said:

Got this shrink-wrapped copy of Desert Bus from ebay. The seller was the programmer of the atari 2600 version ,and as a bonus, he  also sent a prototype copy in case I wanted to spend eight hours "playing" the game.

Perhaps the best example of a game one collects and doesn't play.

Zenith (Space Command SF1315A) CRT. My phone doesn’t do it justice, but the TV has a great picture and the remote is original and barely used. So far, I’m very happy with the purchase.

IMG_4710.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4714.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Zenith (Space Command SF1315A) CRT. My phone doesn’t do it justice, but the TV has a great picture and the remote is original and barely used.

Sweet tv! Is it rf only? Just curious if you found it local or it survived shipping?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, McCallister said:

Sweet tv! Is it rf only? Just curious if you found it local or it survived shipping?

RF only for this one and it was shipped. The sellers packaging was exceptional.

• Like 3

On 4/3/2024 at 9:28 PM, TrekMD said:

That's a great version of Kaboom! 

I had this little thing arrive today...

Atari 400 Mini (1).jpg

Atari 400 Mini (2).jpg

(Ignore the little sad icon,  I was kind of kidding)...;)

Maybe you'll instantly replace the joystick, add ROMs and end up liking it...Myself I returned it almost instantly!  (The Only "Mini" I've ever returned).   It was a very frustrating product...I'm very surprised anyone likes these!  (Usually the same people rip on Flashbacks - which work fine right out of the box...)  Anyway,  I wish you luck!

And I'm kind of curious what you will think.  (I'm usually so upbeat so I don't mean to be negative here,  But I do wonder...)

Let us know in the future won't you?

Cheers!

On 4/12/2024 at 6:03 PM, dwh said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5bbc5f917daf3b74f09084ef8bda9add.jpeg

If you play on hard difficulty is it 16 hours?

Little update, been working hard on the last pieces-

Got River Raid 2 today(already had the faux-patch), and got Pitfall 2 and the patch for it a week or so ago!

Only missing Beamrider, Cosmic Commuter, and Ghostbusters CIB, plus a handful of patches-a couple here are repro's, Private Eye, Space Shuttle, but 99% is real deal.

Activision.jpg

• Like 4

Here are some more...

Zarkstars V:Stellar regular edition(bottom right), special edition that has a different poster(upper right), Prototype, development edition with a patch and other goodies.(upper left)

Escape from Mars: Raw War Series #3. The box had so much bubblewrap, but it needed it for its trip from Brazil.

IMG_0067.thumb.JPG.a0d424f918cb34d11cb710f545eef4e8.JPG

Fallpit! from 2600 Connection

Nite Bear/BLT Blast "flipcart"

Infiltrator/Astrowar "flipcart"

Pac-Man ,the one with all the bells and whistles, from Repentless

Tomark the barbarian/ Motocross Racer from Xonox, kind of crappy but cheaper.

IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.df83902292d3874d2ad10f17deeb1fff.JPG

Edited by dwh
pic 1 positions in brackets
  • Like 1

A new book. It arrived a couple of days ago. I've read through a fair bit of it and like it. IMO, the author does a good job at presenting each "curious" game machine.

IMG_4874.jpeg

• Like 1

I went to Tokyo over the weekend and raided a couple of Book-Offs near the Shinjuku area. I saw a lot of awesome stuff and a lot more that I contemplated on grabbing but a couple of places were charging pretty stupid prices so I passed on a ton of cool games. This ended up being around $120’s worth of stuff.

Oh, and I went to Fuji Speedway to watch a Super GT race. My inner Gran Turismo nerd was rightfully and tremendously excited.

IMG_8879.jpeg

• Like 1