IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Been on a Game Wave kick for a bit. Why not games brand new are $3 each and the system was $20.
It's a fun curiosity for sure. No idea if these games are any good but the trivia is indeed fun.
s-l1600_zpsaslu5ze7.jpg
s-l16003_zpsrgchbquk.jpg
s-l16002_zpsqudvhjm8.jpg

Got these Bad Boys from Luke Moorse 1 from Japan. Both are Japanese variants. This allows certain 3D0 games to be played that can't be on the US version.
IMG_3567_zps8iz1ykkt.jpg
IMG_3568_zps71yhs9tg.jpg
IMG_3569_zpsnev31ls4.jpg
IMG_3570_zpsxrmckydn.jpgIMG_3576_zpsd8mxg21u.jpg

• Like 2

Simple Pickup here. I traded a SNES and a Sega Genesis Model 2 for a PS4 Slim. I think I did good. been playing Shovel Knight and tried to get Destiny going but it needed a 74 MIN update.

IMG_3618_zpsncgkrwly.jpg

IMG_3619_zpsudvluhxf.jpg

Slim is nice, REALLY small for a Next Gen console. Wish it had a Optical port out, no idea why it doesn't.

I went hunting over the weekend and bought myself some birthday presents. Went to a couple local, independent game stores and scored the following:

XMIwOOW.jpg

xfkR1lL.jpg

Knight Rider CIB on the NES. I've wanted this one for a very long time. Even has the poster of Fabio posing for the Iron Sword cover in there! Yes, it's probably garbage, but as a fan of the show and a fan of the Pontiac Trans Am, it was a must have.

335LLLX.jpg

Bomber Raid on the SMS, also CIB. I have never seen this one in the wild. Probably overpaid at $25, but it's an uncommon game and I love shooters, so whatever. I now have a decent shmup library for the SMS, with this, R-Type, Global Defense, Scramble Spirits, and the coveted US release of Power Strike.
d40eQEe.jpg?1
Speaking of SMS games, I snagged this rough copy of Choplifter because it's been talked about lately on various forums and by YouTubers, and I've heard very good things. They had a boxed version, but the box was rough so I passed and saved a few bucks.
z8bpSj3.jpg?1
Fighter's Destiny on the N64. I've heard good things about this one, and feel that the price is going to go through the roof soon, so I picked up a copy. The points system combat (sort of like Karate Champ) looks interesting.
oye3He9.jpg
I've been chasing a clean copy of Xevious 3D/G+ for years, so when I saw this one at a local store for $15, I had to pick it up. I've always wanted to play this one ever since I bought my Playstation in 1999. This is the first time I've seen a copy in the wild, and I've been looking. Nice!
  • Like 2

Please provide details. That sounds way too good to be true.

So I sold a SNES with SMW for $120. Sold my buddy a Sega Genesis model 2 and some games for $50.

I got online, Facebook groups Buy and Sell, they had a Slim for $180 no games. I offered $150 drove out and bought it. The guy got it as a gift and had the original one already.

Edited by evilevoix
  • Like 1

Some common and cheap Pickups this past week.

IMG_3774_zpsllgq0apy.jpg

I already have a couple of Game Cubes but never had 1st Party Controllers, they are so much better than my shitty 3rd party units I bought from 5 Below. I paid $20 for this total which I feel is good.

IMG_3775_zpsugyf4nmo.jpg

Goodwill finds, 50 Cents each. I am glad to have Red Faction as it was in a recent Game Sack review and looked very good, I am lucky to have found it so cheap and local.

IMG_3776_zpsdaukkhlu.jpg

Found this guy today for $1 at a flea market sitting in a pile of junk. Easy score.

IMG_3778_zpsangop5pk.jpg
More goodwill, never know when you'll need 4 player action on the original XBOX

I got some common stuff from Game Headz in Detroit Michigan. My god what a shit hole. The whole shop smelled of weed and cigars and the shop looked like it was in the middle of a war zone with burnt out houses and crumbling industry. The cashier was in a security booth and spoke to me through a small hole. There were dudes just hanging out in the store trying to sell me "Substances" and I had to as politely as possible say no and get the fuck outa dodge.

IMG_90371_zpshcjvhnaj.jpg

Games were cheap as shit, and I got loaded for free because the Cashier had no idea how to price it properly. Great store to get some classic stuff but my god is it in the most dangerous part of the city.

I heard after you left the shop, you felt a bit high, and met Ronald McDonald wearing a summer dress riding a unicorn hot dog?

Edited by D.Daniels

• 2 weeks later...

So I sold a SNES with SMW for $120. Sold my buddy a Sega Genesis model 2 and some games for $50.

I got online, Facebook groups Buy and Sell, they had a Slim for $180 no games. I offered $150 drove out and bought it. The guy got it as a gift and had the original one already.

Wow, if true, that guy was a total moron.

Someone actually paid 120 for a snes and that one game ? Did the snes come complete in a box or something ?

Some cool pickups this past weekend.

Got this guy from Digital Press. Fairly rare, not the best game but I am glad I have it. The Legend of Success Joe, based upon a Japanese Manga.

IMG_3941_zpsy0dw5mb6.jpg

IMG_3942%20-%20Copy_zpspwgqk8u0.jpg

IMG_3939_zpsqp6urclp.jpg

These were the games they got. They held this game for me all week. Some rare stuff they got almost went instantly. Sengoku 2 is left for $499.99 if anyone wants it.

IMG_3937_zpsz859qywm.jpg

Always wanted one of these TV's and now I have one. Brand new in the Box. The 3D works great on Moto-Storm and my PS4 looks great on it too. Get one if you can. Gona try Grand Tourismo 3D on it next, fun feature.

IMG_3987_zpssvj8usbt.jpg

IMG_3988_zpszv78m2lg.jpg

I remember reading about these as a kid and I had to have it. Runs off of 6 batteries or a 6V plug. Has stereo sound and a light and a magnifier glass as well as storage and "Arcade" sticks. Very cool it's in excellent condition in the box. Best $5 I have spent. They were from Radio Shack and $29.99 Originally.

IMG_3986_zpsxws6f6kz.jpg

IMG_3985_zpseobzsyzo.jpg

IMG_3984_zpsymugsbaw.jpg

I was on my local geek community Facebook group last week and someone posted a pic of their new watch; as a point of comparison, they set it on top of a CoCo3 and a Vic-20. I commented that I hadn't seen a CoCo3 in many many years.

A few PMs and $100 later, I am in the possession of the following:

FullSizeRender.jpg
The Vic is missing the 2 key (but I already have a Vic-20 that works fine). The CoCo 3 works great. Both are very clean, and lots of extras/documentation, which I always love.
I happily left cassettes behind as a storage medium in 1985, but I'm a little excited to check these out and see what's on the half-dozen tapes that came with the rest of the stuff.
The one head-scratcher was a power supply that terminated in two alligator clips, like a tiny car battery charger. I *think* it's meant for the Radio Shack tape deck, but I don't think I'll risk it.
Now to figure out how to get the CoCo to display something better than composite...
Edited by Laner