IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

15 hours ago, bluejay said:

I thought the Wii version was supposed to be more refined than the Gamecube version... Does motion control kill it? And yeah, the GC version is around $70-90 while the Wii version is $10-30.

If there are any "refinements", I don't know about them...as far as I know, it's the same game. They just swapped out the traditional controls, and as consequence, mirrored all of the maps/models in the game (to make Link right-handed). It really messes with your head :)

Motion controls I guess is a matter of opinion...aiming and firing the bow is pretty decent, but swinging the sword isn't Motion+ like SS, it's just "waggle to mash the A button", and it killed my wrist real fast.

Either way, I would suggest going in with low expectations. Some parts of the game are pretty cool and memorable, but on the whole, it's one of the worst Zelda games.

Not that that's so terrible, IMO a bad Zelda game is still a lot better than the other stuff out there :)

7 minutes ago, Asaki said:

If there are any "refinements", I don't know about them...as far as I know, it's the same game. They just swapped out the traditional controls, and as consequence, mirrored all of the maps/models in the game (to make Link right-handed). It really messes with your head :)

Motion controls I guess is a matter of opinion...aiming and firing the bow is pretty decent, but swinging the sword isn't Motion+ like SS, it's just "waggle to mash the A button", and it killed my wrist real fast.

Either way, I would suggest going in with low expectations. Some parts of the game are pretty cool and memorable, but on the whole, it's one of the worst Zelda games.

Not that that's so terrible, IMO a bad Zelda game is still a lot better than the other stuff out there :)

I mean, since I haven't played either version I wouldn't have a problem with the mirrored view. I prefer controller controls over motion controls but not so much so that I would pay an extra $60.

My current expectations for any Zelda game is pretty low since the only one I've properly played is the original NES title. Some people argue that TP is the best Zelda game, so whatever anyone thinks about the game is just what they think; it's subjective. Either way, I won't be expecting a lot from anything.

On 11/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, bluejay said:

I mean, since I haven't played either version I wouldn't have a problem with the mirrored view. I prefer controller controls over motion controls but not so much so that I would pay an extra $60.

My current expectations for any Zelda game is pretty low since the only one I've properly played is the original NES title. Some people argue that TP is the best Zelda game, so whatever anyone thinks about the game is just what they think; it's subjective. Either way, I won't be expecting a lot from anything.

Well if you have a WiiU, that version has the best of both worlds ;) IIRC, "second quest" is mirror mode. Though I think the waggle is completely gone?

But yeah, if you don't mind the mirror or the waggle, Wii version is probably really cheap now (plus, you can use it to easily soft mod your Wii, if you haven't already).

The original NES game is still my favorite, though BotW is really, really good. Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are way up there. Not sure what the fifth game in my "top five" would be...

I've never heard anyone call TP the best game o_O Most people give that award to OoT (though I disagree). It certainly tries to rekindle that OoT feeling, especially after people dogged Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, ClassicGMR said:

I have this coming tomorrow or Friday depending on UPS shipping. ?

I'm tempted to get one of those, even though I know it would just sit on a shelf collecting dust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Yeah... my order went from "Estimated Delivery 19th" to this morning "Pending". Also GameStop.

Mine was supposed to be today but checking status, don't even have a delivery date now. Checked with carrier and just says please check back for scheduled delivery.  :(

Edited by thegamezmaster
added info

On 11/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, Iwantgames:) said:

Just got a ps3 (again) the other day with 20games and a tote full of skylanders and Disney Infinity figures for $100. And today I grabbed some more games. Didn’t pay sticker price, ended up closer to $3 each

A901B23E-8630-4E75-910D-15E0CF54C218.jpeg

Spec Ops: The Line is awesome. So is Valkyria Chronicles. I've never played the PS3 versions of either game, but either way, they are probably just as awesome as the PC/PS4 versions.

• Like 1

What if I don't own any hardware?

aa2a682d12d0e6fa506ed007ffd964ed.jpg

You can use CEMU and Dolphin like I do. They both work great with a PS4/Xbox controller. If you have bluetooth then you can also play 2 player games with 2 PS4 controllers wirelessly. I have an older i7 12gb of DDR3 and a 1060GTX. Everything runs very smoothly at 60fps at 1080p in CEMU and most games work in 4k60 on Dolphin. You have access to the entire Zelda library of titles, except the newest released Hyrule Warriors Switch game. I haven’t given Yuzu much play but it seems promising so far.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, thegamezmaster said:

Still waiting on mine. Not sure when it's supposed to be delivered. Stupid Gamestop! Will never online order from them again. Snot balled mess! 

So... I said earlier I checked GameStop and it went from being delivered on the 19th to PENDING this morning... and it shows up. I'll take it I guess but I am so confused. LOL!

372A3400-6F97-418A-B0CB-A5F2698A8A86.jpeg

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 2

I finally bought Ocarina of Time. Now that I have plenty of money to spend (but not really) and really nowhere else to spend it on, I'm buying a bunch of games I wanted to play. I suppose Wind Waker and Link's Awakening might be joining my collection soon, perhaps even Zelda II and A Link to the Past.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, adamchevy said:

You have access to the entire Zelda library of titles...

But Dolphin can't run any of the handheld games, can it? Or SNES/BSX?

10 hours ago, adamchevy said:

...except the newest released Hyrule Warriors Switch game.

And the Link's Awakening remake remake? ;)

24 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

That’s true you need Citra for 3DS games and the other GBA/gameboy emulators for those handhelds. Yuzu can handle Links Awakening at 60fps. There are plenty of good Snes emulators that have been around for many years.

Ah, I thought maybe that's what you meant, but wasn't sure. I thought maybe people were being freaks and using the Nintendo eShop inside of the WiiU emulator or something crazy like that @_@

Didn't know they had a 3DS emulator. Always seemed kind of silly to me to emulate a handheld on a PC, where the novelty of being able to pull a game out of your pocket is lost.

You'd still be out of luck for the DSi Four Swords, though...unless they did figure out how to crack it. Really a shame that they only offered it for a limited time.

Ohhhh, I see now, the picture of Barbosa was supposed to represent piracy...I thought you were talking about ways to emulate legally purchased discs on a PC (since a good number of Zelda games were released on disc). I was trying to figure out how you could do that with the cartridge games without buying hardware to dump them with.

Also didn't know they had a Switch emulator. So it'll run LA, but not Hyrule Warriors?

15 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

So... I said earlier I checked GameStop and it went from being delivered on the 19th to PENDING this morning... and it shows up. I'll take it I guess but I am so confused. LOL!

372A3400-6F97-418A-B0CB-A5F2698A8A86.jpeg

Glad you got yours! I live in central IL. Checked tracking and it went from Ky to Tn. Then it went to IL( where it should have been directed towards me). Instead it was sent to Missouri. And tracking says it's in Kansas City, Mo. I mean WTH? don't know if I should just wait and see what happens or what to do. ?

Edited by thegamezmaster
added info

This isn't what's normally posted here, but I bought $500's worth of components to manufacture 5 of 3 different projects. Shit turned out to cost more than expected, especially with the more rare/bigger components like the 16x2 LCD and DB19 connectors taking a big chunk. But various ICs and stuff from mouser ended up costing a bunch as well. I won't make any profit from the first batch, if anything I'm losing money. But I didn't start this project to make dough in the first place, so it doesn't really matter.

The price ended up being that high because I bought lots of spares in case there were problems. I don't have money to afford spares but I'd rather loan money from my parents than risk being short of components because I made a mistake.

Edited by bluejay
  • Sad 1

On 11/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, thegamezmaster said:

Glad you got yours! I live in central IL. Checked tracking and it went from Ky to Tn. Then it went to IL( where it should have been directed towards me). Instead it was sent to Missouri. And tracking says it's in Kansas City, Mo. I mean WTH? don't know if I should just wait and see what happens or what to do. ?

It finally arrived. Lizabeth, I'm coming honey with a Game And Watch Super Mario Bros in my hand!

Edited by thegamezmaster

The 130XE never got much love due to the hassles of using the SIO2PC cable I built back in the 90s.

SDrive-Max just arrived and I have to say it's really slick for only $60 bucks!  This is up there with my Harmony Encore and FreHD.

SD storage devices are the best thing to ever happen to this hobby.

tesla.jpg

• Like 3