IGNORED

Can someone explain this? What am I missing?

ACML

5 times what he paid me as a chemist.

One of these days, just as a goof, I'm going to stick a blue tooth keyboard into a 1200xl case and duct tape a Android tablet on it just so I can freak people out at Starbucks and the Los Gatos public library. I can be weird too but at least I have a sense of humor. If it strikes a bunch of sheep as cool, it may drive the price of old junk like VIC 20s up for a week or two. I seriously doubt it will happen but that is the way things work. Meanwhile we just keep slugging along.

What kind of chemist?

And... do it! Please do it! Do it now!! Hmm, now I want to do it too! I might have to gut my c64 or maybe my Commodore Plus/4 (since I have no software for it and from all I've read they are essentially not worth using heh).

What kind of chemist?

And... do it! Please do it! Do it now!! Hmm, now I want to do it too! I might have to gut my c64 or maybe my Commodore Plus/4 (since I have no software for it and from all I've read they are essentially not worth using heh).

Pharmaceutical R&D.

I thought it out a bit more. Just fill the old computer case with LiPo's and you will come in with a system that will run for a couple of weeks w/o recharging. A pad with a real keyboard vs. touch screen is actually nice. Pretty bad when you get sucked into your own pranks and start thinking they are a good idea! :)

Pharmaceutical R&D.

I thought it out a bit more. Just fill the old computer case with LiPo's and you will come in with a system that will run for a couple of weeks w/o recharging. A pad with a real keyboard vs. touch screen is actually nice. Pretty bad when you get sucked into your own pranks and start thinking they are a good idea! :)

I thought about slapping my rPi in one with batteries heh. It's one of literally hundreds of things I intend to do, someday.

And another one! Check out this grubby, rusty (look at the video jacks) XEGS:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3216594344521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321659434452&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Console only! Want the keyboard, gun, games, even the power supply?? Sold separately - that'll be extra, pal! Check his other listings. You could put together a complete shitty XEGS for a little less than $200.

Christ.

And another one! Check out this grubby, rusty (look at the video jacks) XEGS:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3216594344521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321659434452&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Console only! Want the keyboard, gun, games, even the power supply?? Sold separately - that'll be extra, pal! Check his other listings. You could put together a complete shitty XEGS for a little less than $200.

Christ.

But dude he sells collectibles, that means everything is worth a bunch! Duh-doy!

• 2 weeks later...

I love how the video cable doesn't even come out the hole. It's pinched between the top and bottom case. :lolblue:

Wow, somebody actually bought that for 20,000 Euros, I wonder if the blonde in the demo did the trick lol.....

The OP asked if he was missing something. Looks to me like it's not him, but rather the bidders in the listings in this thread that are missing something. Common sense, to be more precise (and besides that also a lot of money after they 'won' the auction).

re-atari

Edited by re-atari

Common sense, to be more precise (and besides that also a lot of money after they 'won' the auction).

re-atari

No kidding eh!... I always thought only a woman can make a man spend that kind of money, obviously I was either dead wrong, or I wonder if even a picture of a woman with big t.ts is enough for some :-D

Edited by atari8warez

I think sellers are being idiots just to get a mention here :)

Here's another: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2816093395461?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=281609339546&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is the exact copied / pasted text of what I sent him as a question, I think we should ALL do this to anyone with an OBVIOUSLY inflated price. Of course, 1450XLD's are excepted :)

--- Begin Pasted text --->

Dear uswan_b7qgq2w3r,

This computer can be purchased from B&C Computervisions (an Atari store) for $150, and the Flight Simulator software (on cartridge) can be purchased from Best Electronics (another Atari store) for $14.00, and the Light Gun is here on ebay for $29.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-XG-1-Light-Gun-400-800-XL-XE-XEGS-Very-cool-item-see-pictures-/161607632080

The stores (i think also carry the gun for about the same price).

Is your computer made of solid gold, or what? Why are you asking such an outrageous price.

Do you think people are THAT stupid? Are you some kind of CRIMINAL SHYSTER?

WTF?

By the way, your auction has been posted on AtariAge so EVERYONE can ridicule YOU, and your OUTRAGEOUS price.

Have a nice day :)