IGNORED

Can someone explain this? What am I missing?

ACML

Here is the exact copied / pasted text of what I sent him as a question, I think we should ALL do this to anyone with an OBVIOUSLY inflated price. Of course, 1450XLD's are excepted :)

--- Begin Pasted text --->

Dear uswan_b7qgq2w3r,

This computer can be purchased from B&C Computervisions (an Atari store) for $150, and the Flight Simulator software (on cartridge) can be purchased from Best Electronics (another Atari store) for $14.00, and the Light Gun is here on ebay for $29.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-XG-1-Light-Gun-400-800-XL-XE-XEGS-Very-cool-item-see-pictures-/161607632080

The stores (i think also carry the gun for about the same price).

Is your computer made of solid gold, or what? Why are you asking such an outrageous price.

Do you think people are THAT stupid? Are you some kind of CRIMINAL SHYSTER?

WTF?

By the way, your auction has been posted on AtariAge so EVERYONE can ridicule YOU, and your OUTRAGEOUS price.

Have a nice day :)

I don't even think he's selling the computer, I think he's selling JUST the cartridge.

I don't even think he's selling the computer, I think he's selling JUST the cartridge.

I asked the guy a couple days ago and (without being insulting) pointed out that the description only discussed the cart. The seller said everything shown is being sold.

This computer can be purchased from B&C Computervisions (an Atari store) for $150, and the Flight Simulator software (on cartridge) can be purchased from Best Electronics (another Atari store) for $14.00, and the Light Gun is here on ebay for $29.99

Dear Kyle22,

The prices you quote are outrageous. I can do way better than that.

Are you some kind of marketing shill for B&C?

HAVE A NICE DAY ;-)

PS. I have the cart and the light guns and would be willing to part with them for a mere $1,000.

• Like 1

"There is an ongoing internet rumor (which I am sure you have all heard but I'll just put it in here in case someone hasn't) that the very,very high priced items come with "extras"-like cocaine. Its supposed to be a way of selling drugs openly on Amazon. So the high priced scammers may get a vist from the DEA if this rumor continues.

(edit: I see S. Williams has already adressed this. When I first heard this rumor last year it was about the gallon of milk for $32,000 which, while white, was not milk)"

Maybe not drugs but maybe there is something a bit fishy going on? (I doubt it but I love conspiracies).

Pulled the quoted text from:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/textbook%20buyback/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3QLVRL4OTAZTD&cdMsgID=Mx1FXQVF2SDFHKR&cdMsgNo=15&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1DY8OHF09AOOJ#Mx1FXQVF2SDFHKR