IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 16 is live!

IIRC the Intellivisionaries said they randomly pick the games, but I think also they are limited by who they can get to interview. But I agree that it's time for the Footballs to get a good treatment... Maybe the month before football season starts?

Next up: Learning Fun? Learning Fun??? Again you'll sidestep the category that set the Intellivison apart from other systems of the day sports titles? Baseball(s) is the only episode so far out of the 16 to cover this important part of the Intv catalog. May I humbly suggest that football(s) would be an excellent choice for an upcoming installment. Heck, I'll even get you started...

Please ask Keith why the tackled player looks so much like the trucker mudflap girl. Did the programmers have long commutes to work that kept them stuck in traffic behind 18 wheelers? Were truck stops a favorite gathering place for the Blue Sky Rangers?

Once you notice the strong resemblance to the mudflap silhouette, all sorts of disturbing images start showing up at the end of plays. Get the kids out of the room!

fb 1.png fb 2.png fb 3.png

But seriously, I love the podcasts, and this latest on Thunder Castle has me wanting to check out a game I've barely looked at. Thanks for continuing to put out such a fun, quality show. Oh, and please, please consider reviewing the football games. :)

IIRC the Intellivisionaries said they randomly pick the games, but I think also they are limited by who they can get to interview. But I agree that it's time for the Footballs to get a good treatment... Maybe the month before football season starts?

To a degree, they are chosen randomly. Rick devised the system we use... sort of picking a title from different release date "buckets", choosing from a different "bucket" each month, if you will. As for interviews... we don't generally pick them based on whether or not we can get an interview. Setting those things up usually occurs once the game has been chosen for a given month.

Anyway, you guys make a good point about covering another sports game soon. I'll see what I can do.

:D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks much, JoeM! ep17 is very close to being ready, I'm sure.

I'm willing to bet this may be one of the shortest episodes you guys are going to do, not that it's a bad thing. Personally, I will be suprised if ep17 breaks the 3 hour mark. The good news is Learning Fun will be out of the way! ;)

I'm going to subscribe to that one and check it out, just because.

Hopefully Paul isn't looking here because he's getting that done! :)

I'm also on the hook for post-processing an episode of The Greatest American Hero Podcast tonight, hoping to get it finished before tomorrow's end-of-month deadline...

Close. About 85% done. Need to put the last couple segments together, the ending, and I'm waiting on one more contribution from "George", which I am told I'll have tomorrow morning. If not, I'll release without it. The short month and a general lack of free time this month has been a problem...

Close. About 85% done. Need to put the last couple segments together, the ending, and I'm waiting on one more contribution from "George", which I am told I'll have tomorrow morning. If not, I'll release without it. The short month and a general lack of free time this month has been a problem...

We only lost 2 days this month! Stop your complaining and get back to work! :P :D

• Like 1