IGNORED

Towers II not loading with JagCD attached?

MacRorie

So, I got a copy of Towers II today. It loads fine with the CD Unit *not* connected, but with the CD unit connected, I just get the JagCD ? symbol. Other carts work just fine.

Is there a reason for this? Something wrong? Any help appreciated. Want to play it, but not by taking CD Unit on/off all the time.

-MacRorie

Hmm... don't recall ever having that problem. I'm planning to set up the Jag/CD to suss out a few incoming games and will take out Towers II to test. Now i'm curious if this will happen to mine as well (though doubt it as it's probably something to do with your Towers II cart connector).

Okay, so here's the results of the cleaning and the testing:

1. Still only works without the CD attached.

2. Every other cart works fine. No problems whatsoever.

3. The JagCD is practically brand new, so there cannot be anything IN the slot.

Other thoughts?

Okay, so here's the results of the cleaning and the testing:

1. Still only works without the CD attached.

2. Every other cart works fine. No problems whatsoever.

3. The JagCD is practically brand new, so there cannot be anything IN the slot.

Other thoughts?

I had this happen with my copy of I War. It would load sound only but no picture in the jag cd, worked fine in the jag. I cleaned everything (again) very thoroughly with alcohol and distiller water mixture, all slots, positive and negative, and cart, and gave everything a day to dry. Has worked fine ever since.

• Like 2

So, all works now. Not sure what happened, but I disconnected it again. Cleaned everything (again) and reseated it. Now everything works. In fact, CD-Rs that were not working before without a bypass cart no all work fine. It's weird, but I don't care: they work.

• Like 3

In fact, CD-Rs that were not working before without a bypass cart no all work fine. It's weird, but I don't care: they work.

And some time from now they might mysteriously stop working so well. This is something you might have to get used to. You could try keeping records of the moon's phases, day and night temperatures both inside and outside, the value of the Swiss franc relative to the euro and correlate all that in some form of Polygon-style lolchart. It won't help, but it might take your mind off things.

• Like 3

So, all works now. Not sure what happened, but I disconnected it again. Cleaned everything (again) and reseated it. Now everything works. In fact, CD-Rs that were not working before without a bypass cart no all work fine. It's weird, but I don't care: they work.

I knew it!!! Lol..... Like I said, 100% of my Jag CD problems have been solved with a good cleaning..

I too have the B&C bypass cart and you never can tell what's going to need it and what won't. I think at this point I only have 1-3 CD's that require it..

• Like 2

And some time from now they might mysteriously stop working so well. This is something you might have to get used to. You could try keeping records of the moon's phases, day and night temperatures both inside and outside, the value of the Swiss franc relative to the euro and correlate all that in some form of Polygon-style lolchart. It won't help, but it might take your mind off things.

Nice. Well, at least I will be learning something?