IGNORED

WANTED: Colecovision console good working condition

Tron Unit

He still hasn't gotten back to me and paying for shipping again both ways almost doesn't seem worth it.

Tell him to pay shipping back to you.

I had someone who bought a YPbPr kit from me, a number of years ago. Yurkie was doing the installation for the person. Yurkie wanted the RCA jacks to stick out more, which is a good idea, but unfortunately, he paid no attention to the ground connections that he filed or otherwise removed from the board. He sent it back to me, I spent about 3 minutes fixing it, then I sent it back at my own cost, which, from Canada, was pretty hefty. If he doesn't normally offer shipping one way for warranty repairs, then tell him this story, get him to pay for shipping back to you after the repair, and then I will consider he and I to be "even".

Tell him to pay shipping back to you.

I had someone who bought a YPbPr kit from me, a number of years ago. Yurkie was doing the installation for the person. Yurkie wanted the RCA jacks to stick out more, which is a good idea, but unfortunately, he paid no attention to the ground connections that he filed or otherwise removed from the board. He sent it back to me, I spent about 3 minutes fixing it, then I sent it back at my own cost, which, from Canada, was pretty hefty. If he doesn't normally offer shipping one way for warranty repairs, then tell him this story, get him to pay for shipping back to you after the repair, and then I will consider he and I to be "even".

5-11 under:

I offered to pay return shipping on that console and you told me not to worry about it.

Well obviously you are still worried about it since you are bringing it up 5 years after the fact, so PM me your paypal address and I will "gift" you $35 which will more than cover postage of a console from 5 years ago.

Tron Unit:

I take customer service seriously and while it is not my fault if a controller chip blows after being replaced. I will do anything necessary to make it right without you spending a penny more. Ship me the console and I will "gift" you the cost for shipping it to me and I will repair and return ship at my expense.

• Like 1

Just curious as to why you didn't just offer that in the first place. While it may not be your fault, it seems only the symptom was repaired and not the actual cause of the problem that should have been troubleshooted when I had sent it to you for repair. I do appreciate the controller mod you did, thank you, but the expense of shipping both ways only to receive it still not working and have to send back again is frustrating and by that point could have just been applied towards purchasing another working console so hopefully you could understand my hesitation to do so.

5-11 under:

I offered to pay return shipping on that console and you told me not to worry about it.

Well obviously you are still worried about it since you are bringing it up 5 years after the fact, so PM me your paypal address and I will "gift" you $35 which will more than cover postage of a console from 5 years ago.

Sorry. Perhaps my memory has faded over time. Well, at least it seems to have helped Tron Unit get a better deal on the re-repair, so in that way, it's all good, I guess. It does seem strange to not cover any postage for a re-repair like this. Sometimes you need to "take a hit" to make sure the customers are taken care of.