IGNORED

New Console: RETRO Video Game System

triverse

Here you guys go, have fun with cassettes! http://www.digibarn.com/collections/systems/coleco-adam/CIMG3282.JPG

With my system, I make cassette re-masters that sound 10 times BETTER than the cd I made them from! Then, when I use DBX, dynamic range and bass that won't quit! I run my vinyl through my system and wow!

Friends bring their cds over and I do an ANALOG re-master to another cd, no computer used, and they can't believe the difference! One friend said: "Instead of just hearing the guitar through the speakers, it sounds like your listening to the guitar ITSELF !" Metallica Black Album.

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to the podcast also. This thing is a joke and it's gonna tank hard.

I listened to the gamester81 interview and it actually gave me a little big more of a dovish look at the machine than I had before. The idea that it's going to have these FPGA chips in them to tailor the hardware to the game is actually quite interesting.

I think they should get together with the Pandora/Pyra guys who have already been through this and have the experience and a lot of dedicated followers. (not that Pandora was a gigantic success).

I did find the idea that these would be sold at retail to be a bit pie in the sky dreaming though. At best, they might sell multiple thousands of units. I do question the need of such a system. Why not just develop for an actual Jaguar? I think they are going to have problems bringing out really good games for the system (assuming the system is a success and given the crowdfunding right now, that's a long shot) because they can never recover the development costs without the installed base. Trying to raise 2M USD for such a project is pretty unrealistic.

In short, I'd like to see a success, but I wouldn't put my money behind it. I almost put my money (early on) into the Pandora and I am so glad I didn't. They missed deadline after deadline after deadline and it got released with some bugs (I think the nubs didn't work well). People lost the use of their money for YEARS (no money and no Pandora) as this project dragged on. I think the Pyra will do much better than the Pandora did and I think they probably would be an asset to these RGS guys.`

Edited by christo930